Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What exactly is Caroline Morahan doing in LA?

Options
  • 10-08-2014 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

Firstly I want to say that I wish her best, I was genuinely sorry that she didn't get the Irish nanny part in sex and the city (particularly as someone who isn't Irish got it!!!)

But what exactly is she doing in LA?? I read an article in the Sindo today by her about life in LA, but it is all about everyone else in "LA LA land" and not about her really...

I'd like to know what her daily schedule is? What does her husband work as? How do they pay the rent and the bills?!!!!

Anyone got any insight?

Comments

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

She's in a film with Sharon Stone and Andy Garcia that's due out in 2015. Can't remember the name, but I don't think she has a big part. 'TV presenter' is how she is credited I think. I presume she's just giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I presume she's just giving it a go.

Yeah assume so, I'd love to hear how though - the mundane details of a trying to job actress in LA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

amdublin wrote: »
    Firstly I want to say that I wish her best, I was genuinely sorry that she didn't get the Irish nanny part in sex and the city (particularly as someone who isn't Irish got it!!!)

But what exactly is she doing in LA?? I read an article in the Sindo today by her about life in LA, but it is all about everyone else in "LA LA land" and not about her really...

I'd like to know what her daily schedule is? What does her husband work as? How do they pay the rent and the bills?!!!!

Anyone got any insight?

I liked Alice Eve in the film!!

What does her husband do? Maybe he is supporting her?

Would she be going to acting classes, working as a waitress while auditioning for parts?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Who?

Please read the charter before posting in here.

What does her husband do? Maybe he is supporting her?

Would she be going to acting classes, working as a waitress while auditioning for parts?

Yes i'd love to know!

Ah shur wasn't Alice Eve grand all the same - a lovely colleen altogether :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

She made an appearance in this Garth Brooks parody video recently, written by Karl Harpur, an LA-based Irish writer. I'd say it's bit-gigs like this one for the foreseeable tbh, trying to build up the portfolio as it were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I heard her on the radio a while back and she came across as quite nice and more humorous than I would have expected.

I wish her well in LA, but in all honesty it looks like she is doing bugger all!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Probably a bit long in the tooth to be trying to make it as an actress out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Probably a bit long in the tooth to be trying to make it as an actress out there.

My thoughts exactly. She's 37. And to be brutal, to meet Hollywood standards, she'd need to drop a lot of weight. Not something I agree with, I must add! Just being realistic. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

just watched that garth brooks parody. seems to be 6 irish actors based in LA. what i want to know is how they all got visas

Tarzana wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. She's 37. And to be brutal, to meet Hollywood standards, she'd need to drop a lot of weight. Not something I agree with, I must add! Just being realistic. :-/

Maybe she is working out everyday in the gym?

just watched that garth brooks parody. seems to be 6 irish actors based in LA. what i want to know is how they all got visas

I think the answer is in your question. There are visas for actors/entertainment industry I believe.

Tarzana wrote: »

To be fair, by Irish standards she is not overweight at all, quite the opposite - a great figure and lovely thin arms.

By hollywood standards I fear that if she lost more weight it would age her face...

Again something I don't agree with. But them are the facts unfortunately :-(

Maybe she is working out everyday in the gym?

Indeed, she could well be. She'd need to, and I don't think she was overweight personally. But by Hollywood standards, she was. No idea what she looks like now, of course.

amdublin wrote: »
    To be fair, by Irish standards she is not overweight at all, quite the opposite - a great figure and lovely thin arms.

Oh, I agree! But we all remember how the beautifully-figured Friends ladies all started to slim down drastically post Season One.

Hollywood slim is a whole other level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I heard her on the radio a while back and she came across as quite nice and more humorous than I would have expected.

I wish her well in LA, but in all honesty it looks like she is doing bugger all!

I always think she comes across well, fairly down to earth. Fair dues to give it a go in LA.

beks101 wrote: »
    She made an appearance in this Garth Brooks parody video recently, written by Karl Harpur, an LA-based Irish writer. I'd say it's bit-gigs like this one for the foreseeable tbh, trying to build up the portfolio as it were.

That's some sh&*

But Caroline is one pretty lady and as said above she has a fine figure.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

She's lost a lot of weight (especially in her face) if this article with pics is anything to go by

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

I like her

Advertisement