Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Heaneys 2014 - The 3rd Annual LC Awards - Discussion Thread

• 10-08-2014 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I, your esteemed Hostess for these prestigious awards, hereby declare this discussion thread open!

Discuss your nominations and any other pertinent thoughts here :)
    Remember to post your nominations in the Nomination thread by Midnight on Tuesday, or forever hold your peace.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

aleatorio wrote: »
    these prestigious awards

Many prestigious, such glory, wowe :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Many prestigious, such glory, wowe :pac:

b0f0b.jpg

Edit: For some reason the doge picture is missing. Just pretend I didn't feck it up. as you were.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Best post would have been a good category. I was going to say it last night on IRC but then I fell asleep..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Nimr wrote: »
    Best post would have been a good category. I was going to say it last night on IRC but then I fell asleep..

AtomicKoala is censoring the awards ceremony because he doesn't like Striving :(

AtomicKoala is censoring the awards ceremony because he doesn't like Striving :(

What do you mean? :P

• Advertisement

What do you mean? :P

He doesn't want a best post category because Striving has a chance of winning :pac:

He doesn't want a best post category because Striving has a chance of winning :pac:

Well, I think us two, as hosts of the awards, should have the power to overrule that decision ;)

b0f0b.jpg

Edit: For some reason the doge picture is missing. Just pretend I didn't feck it up. as you were.

*sniggers*

Well, I think us two, as hosts of the awards, should have the power to overrule that decision ;)

I concur! :D
    Daniel2590 wrote: »
    *sniggers*

Whenever I see that word I read it without the s at first by accident.... :o

This just makes him even more worthy of the Best Putin award.

In fairness though, if the post was carded, warned or if the user was banned for his posting style in this case, it won't really be appropriate to give them a 'Best post' award.

• Advertisement

This just makes him even more worthy of the Best Putin award.

In fairness though, if the post was carded, warned or if the user was banned for his posting style in this case, it won't really be appropriate to give them a 'Best post' award.

I don't think he was ever really banned though.. :(

Let the people decide :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Let the people decide :P

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

at the risk of sounding like an uneducated fool, what is the best putin award for.. would someone care to explain?
    also...I understand the modest and best couple thing, but why am I likely to get arrested, not complaining just curious

Um hold on why don't we have a funniest poster award...?

Good idea actually.

We should add that I'd say, don't bother with best post.

I thought we did..but it turns out we don't :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Because nobody suggested it :p

Sure you and Hotfail are the hosts, ye decide. Ye could always decide with more people on IRC: http://irc.lc/quakenet/LC2014/Username@

Because nobody suggested it :p

Sure you and Hotfail are the hosts, ye decide. Ye could always decide with more people on IRC: http://irc.lc/quakenet/LC2014/Username@

You made the OP on the nominations thread so only you can change it :p Add it in please. :)

Yeah, just edit it in. And we'll edit it into our nominations.

I'm in work right now so I'm not much use for any irc chats or anything, just edit it into the original post and we can all change our posts :P

• Advertisement

A lot of discussin', not enough nominatin'. I think the hosts should drum up some publicity :)

A lot of discussin', not enough nominatin'. I think the hosts should drum up some publicity :)

You mean we should spam..? :eek:
    Lara_15 wrote: »
    at the risk of sounding like an uneducated fool, what is the best putin award for.. would someone care to explain?
    also...I understand the modest and best couple thing, but why am I likely to get arrested, not complaining just curious

Best Putin is just an award they made up so AtomicKoala wouldn't feel left out. :p :pac:

So..do we need a new host?

So..do we need a new host?

More than likely.

Unless ye change it to Saturday but ye'll probably all be on the piss? :p :pac:

Actually, I have wifi from half 7 to half 10 on Sunday but that's probably a bit early :p

More than likely.

Unless ye change it to Saturday but ye'll probably all be on the piss? :p :pac:

Aw, no. The reason it's on Sunday night is because most of us will more than likely be awake and we'd need something to keep us sane :p

Aw, no. The reason it's on Sunday night is because most of us will more than likely be awake and we'd need something to keep us sane :p

I am of no help then, my child.

Wait, who's making the badges?

*tumbleweed*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

There's an old rule that s/he who asks the question automatically nominates themselves! :p

• Advertisement

I nominate Randy as my replacement.

Advertisement