Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best chips in Waterford?

Options
  • 10-08-2014 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭

Howdy, I know this topic has been done quite a lot but having recently gone off the food in Johnny Walkers a bit (plus the staff being bulldogs), im looking around for a decent new chipper that does tasty food. Any hidden gems out there that can offer nice chips, sausages and burgers? Im not that fussed if its expensive and i dont usually bother with chicken or curry chips etc so just the basics.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

4609cd6005a5063ec95a3b4e2b98b964be87a9f81402eaa0751e1edd14446ef5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Cleaboy all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

dannys and humdingers are very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Cleaboy for Chips etc. best Curry Chips in Waterford too!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Oddly enough I like burger king's chips. Not a fan of most of the chipper chips. They're like mush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moans3536

Can't beat dooleys chipper opposite park. Place lovely and clean staff friendly a bonus .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Oddly enough I like burger king's chips. Not a fan of most of the chipper chips. They're like mush.

Burger king is nice but the one in town isnt really convenient if your driving ,we really could do with a drive thru on the cork road or somewhere on the dunmore road

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

The Marian. Extremely friendly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Lombard street - Most underrated chipper in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

chips out of the pizzeria on upper yellow road,,very moreish :) also danny's chipper barrack street quiet tasty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I tried Humdingers recently and was very impressed! Before that I always liked the chips from Frydays before they closed and Dooleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

chips out of the pizzeria on upper yellow road,,very moreish :) also danny's chipper barrack street quiet tasty

+1 also very handy for a late night bag of chips if you dont want to go down to the john street area as most other chippers close after 11pm

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Lombard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Howdy, I know this topic has been done quite a lot but having recently gone off the food in Johnny Walkers a bit (plus the staff being bulldogs)...

Any recommendations?

Totally agreed with you on this, the attitude of the owners particularly leaves a lot to be desired.

The Marian would be my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Spins

Nice chips in Gourmet at end of Folly, wrapped in big sheets of paper old skool stylee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ballybricken Takeaway is lovely. I think it's slightly under-rated too. Their chips lately have been savage. Also a +1 for Lombard Street Takeaway, no one has yet beaten their taco chip. Gentiles in Ferrybank is also lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Marian all the way. Nice man that owns it, too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cleaboy & Humdingers in Waterford.

Massimos, Tonys and McCarthys in Tramore.

Top notch!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

Sully wrote: »
    Cleaboy & Humdingers in Waterford.

Massimos, Tonys and McCarthys in Tramore.

Top notch!
    i agree, doolys would wanna send some of there staff up to massimo and learn how to cook there chips properly, how can they justify throwing half cooked chips out to people and soggy fish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If Massimos were not as slow as tar I would love the place! Food is great when it finally makes its way across the counter to you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

kryogen wrote: »
    If Massimos were not as slow as tar I would love the place! Food is great when it finally makes its way across the counter to you

Well if it's served fast than it suggests the food isn't that fresh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

I was in Dunmore east yesterday and went to the Spinnaker for some chips as the other chip shop was closed.
    They have a little hut outside to order from so I ordered a chip, €3euro which is the most expensive chip I have ever bought. when they arrived I asked for a can of diet coke. I was handed a hot can and when I asked could I have a cold one I was told. "Sorry Buddy they are all hot and we don't have them in the fridge" So hot coke and chips.

I opened the chips and there was about 25 large lumps of potato in the box.
    They were the same as a chip you get in a Chinese. Horrible taste of fat and I guess re-heated. SHOCKING is the only way to describe them. I offered the other 2 people with me to taste them and they both could not eat them.

How can a business serve such rubbish to a customer...!!! Oven chips would have been better. And as for the hot coke in the middle of the summer... I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

Sully wrote: »
    Well if it's served fast than it suggests the food isn't that fresh :)
    if its served fast then i guess it aint fully cooked i.e. doolys chips.
    i don't mind waiting once the food is cooked properly i.e. fish batter crispy and not soggy and chips a golden brown colour not white and soggy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

1. Humdingers.
    2. The Marian.

3 Johnny Walkers.

Advertisement