Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charges for importing from China

Options
  • 10-08-2014 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I know that this has probably been asked before.
    If I'm importing goods from China and I'm VAT registered what charges would apply? Say that the goods are coming by DHL. Is it 5% import duty and then the charge from DHL for customs clearance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Staceyybbb

msdoc wrote: »
    I know that this has probably been asked before.
    If I'm importing goods from China and I'm VAT registered what charges would apply? Say that the goods are coming by DHL. Is it 5% import duty and then the charge from DHL for customs clearance.

Did you ever get a reply? Have the exact same problem

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Staceyybbb wrote: »
    Did you ever get a reply? Have the exact same problem

You're probably not going to get an answer any faster by posting in multiple threads.

You might find what you're looking for by searching through the past posts where this was asked and answered. You can search the forum using the 'Search this forum' link at the top right of the thread list on the 'Entrepreneurial and Business Management' page.

Here's two searches for you to start with:

Import Charges:
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?forum=106&subforums=1&sort=best&date_to=&date_from=&query=import+charges

Import Fees:
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?forum=106&subforums=1&sort=best&date_to=&date_from=&query=import+fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

People really need to learn to use the "search this forum" button up in the corner of this forum and type in the word "China" and press enter.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

elastico wrote: »
    People really need to learn to use the "search this forum" button up in the corner of this forum and type in the word "China" and press enter.

In fairness it's fairly well hidden if you're not looking for it but yes, I'd agree.

I'd like to see a big search box under the banner ad with a search that defaults to the forum you're searching from. I guess the downside to that would be the increase in Zombie threads resurrected by people adding questions to threads from 199x.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It would be great if there was like a search website for the whole internet that would give you the answers to these questions too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

This thread was bumped as result of the search function, so I'm not sure how that has helped...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Searching "China" brings up 1,051 Results !! the questions are answered at least 200 times in the list!!

Advertisement