Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike rack stolen Union Wood

Options
  • 10-08-2014 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

Some scumbag stole my bike rack off the back if my car (red Nissan Almera) this mornin between 10.30 and 1.30. Parked at Ballygawley road entrance to Union Wood/Sligo Way, if anyone was passing and noticed anything please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

People have had their cars broken into in Slish and Hazel Wood too. I'd love to catch them in the act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I forgot to update here but recovered the bike rack, had to cycle back into town and get a lift back to the car as the bike wouldn't fit but had a better look around when I got back and found it stashed in a ditch, maybe they didn't have space to take it there and then, either way, got it back.

I have heard since that there has been some break ins in the area like you said Dave, I'll be a bit more cautious about what's on display in the car from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

Report to the Gardaí. I reckon they would have a time lapse camera to check who might come back. I know the Council have them for catching fly tippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Sorry to hear that, had my car window broken into last year there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

rizzodun wrote: »
    I'll be a bit more cautious about what's on display in the car from now on.

Nothing should ever be left on the car seats or in plain view. If you're not bring something with you, locking bags ect in the boot is probably the safest option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement