Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i think the one guy who said 'where the hell are the avengers ' spoke for a lot of people

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This has been a long-standing problem with many fictional characters whose reach can be epic in scope; I remember when Dr. Who tried to do spin-offs like Torchwood, you frequently had moments of "oh, well, The Doctor is off-planet somewhere we can't get him so he can save the day".

Same problem happens with DC a lot, given their universe has Superman; so usually, Supes would be off on a holiday on the other side of the galaxy, just to handwave away why he couldn't show up, flick the bad-guy with his pinkie and save the day.

So I guess here they either say "oh, the Avengers are off with the Guardians fighting space-bugs", or the plot tries to keep things ... well, secret so the Avengers are none the wiser?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

GotG 3 tickets went on sale in the US today. It appears they've done the job of breaking ticket websites like during peak MCU days so points that it'll do pretty well on presales at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Trailer looks good but again will the series falter with no avenger involvement

I'm going to avoid the trailer for spoilers but at this stage what Avengers are even active to get involved?

• Advertisement

Depending on the time phase but you'd have figured captain marvel having tied in with the skrulls in her movie..other than that you'd expect Captain America and Hawkeye being about the only ones

Fury should be able to call Captain Marvel like he did at the end of Infinity War so that one is so obvious that I presume they'll explain in some way - potentially a tie in with The Marvels.

As for the others you identified, they are pretty useless without the support of other heroes or SHIELD. Even the Steve Rogers fell into that bucket. At this stage the active crime fighting type heroes out there are pretty weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,197 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The first two had no Avengers involvement and they were great.

Except they did...Wanda and vision were avengers

Likewise with falcon and the winter soldier...both were avengers and teasing the new captain America!

Im not criticising the trailer I'm only making an observation which even the trailer highlights "where are the avengers" I've enjoyed all the series so far and expect this to turn the tide

I think you missed my point, Guardians 1 and 2 were standalone from the rest of the Avengers saga and they were both great romps.

• Advertisement

Likewise considering im talking about secret invasion not GOTG 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,825 ✭✭✭✭klose

Could they be making it any more obvious they're going to kill off rocket with the media they're releasing pre gotg3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,018 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Kind of makes me think there could be a swerve. I'd trust Gunn more than others to not just put it all out there in the trailers (depending of course how much control he has over them).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think given his comments in the press of late, Dave Batista is the one to watch for re. the GotG3 deadpool. By all accounts he has been quite vocal about being done with the MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Yea, bautista is done... but i'll still avoid the trailers...

i hope they can recreate the frist movie..

AntMan 3 is being released on digital April 18th. Am not sure if that includes Disney+ but by all accounts this seems to be the new MCU pattern: a "short" stint in the cinema then digital a couple months later. It's no wonder box office takings are shrinking, it doesn't need to be down to any audience fatigue. Why spend money when you can just wait for Disney+ or the High Seas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,189 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

2 months. Wakanda Forever was about 3 months.

Of course, that one was actually making money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,905 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Biggest surprise was Bautista making it to GOTG3 in the first place tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭kerplun k

It’s weird, he’s in the trailer but I haven’t seen him in any of the promotional images/posters for it.

Remember at one stage even James Gunn got "cancelled" out over a historical tweet.

• Advertisement

Marvels Teaser just released.

Looks fun 🙂

Was this initially supposed to be released before Secret Invasion? Kind of spoils Furys fate.

Yeah for sure. First time I've watched a MCU trailer and felt a buzz of excitement; it reads like an interesting premise that could yield some fun set pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I still have to watch Ms. Marvel but looking forward to The Marvels, that was a fun trailer.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Looks fun. I think the plan was always for secret invasion to lead and tie into The Marvels. How I’m not sure. But yeah that does spoil the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,189 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing The Marvels is part of Phase 5, I was just looking at when Phase 4 ended and 5 began.

So 4 ended with Wakanda Forever and 5 started with Quantumania.

Big change from previous phases with 1 ending with Avengers, 2 ending with Age of Ultron/Ant-Man, 3 ending with Endgame/Far From home.

So the end of the previous 3 phases felt like an ending while it's hard to tell where 4 ends and 5 begins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

They've made countless changes to what phase 4 was meant to cover, heck the marvels was meant to be released before Ant man and GOTG3, its been delayed like 4 times..

Ant man was a mess and the end of marvel chances for me.. That trailer looks horrendous, heck Captain marvel is barely in the trailer, its technically her sequel, lol.. And woooo the cat is back doing that thing he does.. Cant wait for the lil kittens to do the same and for Nick fury to get freaked out when he sees the cat again 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I think the one thing going for it is that they have nerfed Captain Marvels powers. That was an issue with the avengers they made her superman powerful without any kryptonite like flaws. It does at least look better than Antman which was egregiously bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,018 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think they've said they can't top Endgame with an Avengers movie at the end of Phase 4, so now they're going to save Avengers movies for the end of sagas (eg. Phase 1-3 was the Infinity Saga, Phase 4-6 is the Multiverse Saga, Phase 7-9 will presumably be another Saga). Especially since they now have so many characters with the addition of the TV shows that if they had too many Avengers movies, it becomes a case of having to have a big enough threat to bring in so many heroes, or why don't they have some heroes in some Avengers films etc.

Phase 4 was about introducing the multiverse. Phase 5 seems like it'll be mostly about different variants of Kang and his plan. Then Phase 6 will be mostly about the fight against all the Kangs. But yeah there's no clear delineation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i had no expectations for it at all but it was excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,065 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mia Goth is joining Marvel’s Blade

Advertisement