Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options
1140141142143144146»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,690 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Yea Doom "should" be in both.

the 2015 incarnation of secret wars involves so many weird and convoluted characters, the comics have really gotten complicated in the last 40 years, that tthe film will have to dumb down big time. but it is still a great premise and will solve this multiverse madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,690 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The rumours are starting again "trying to get Tom Cruise as a IronMan variant"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I'd have liked it in Multiverse of Madness but feel that ship has sailed.

I wonder if they'll be going with RDJ as both Doom and Iron Man in these movies or whether marvel might introduce/reboot a new iron man from another multiverse

• Registered Users Posts: 45,947 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

If they had eyes on Tom cruise, they should have tapped him for doom. Maybe they tried tbf. He'd have been an excellent doom imo, look at him menacing in Collateral

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

My question would be though, what's in it for Tom Cruise? The man's already pretty wealthy so would hardly need the cash; you don't underwrite your own stunt-work (IIRC) unless you got serious bank yourself - or via your Scientology cult.

And given the direction he has gone with his output, while he has never said it out-loud you'd wanna think the MCU films & what they represent are the furthest thing from the kind of movies he has been making. I've never liked Cruise but his obvious desire to become the saviour of cinema puts him at odds with how the Marvel films have set themselves up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah if they cast Tom Cruise as either a variant of Iron Man or as Doctor Doom, never mind how money RDJ & the Russos are getting paid, all the budget for the films would go into making a real Iron Man suit for Tom Cruise or maybe even scientific research to find a way for Cruise to actually be able to fly.

Either that or instead of flying, Iron Man would just run everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭p to the e

I think Mads Mikelsen would have been an excellent Doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,696 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Disney/Marvel really want to throw away money at casting I'd love to see them try and land Daniel Day Lewis for a role and I'd really love to see him not being serious and come out of retirement just to have fun doing a Superhero film.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You laugh now, but it'd be a minor geopolitcal disaster when Dr. Doom, formerly Daniel-Day Lewis, takes over Latveria in a bloody coup armed with super-science, all during the actor's preperations.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It'd be impossible to enjoy Daniel Day Lewis coming out of retirement to do a Marvel movie as it would be so profoundly depressing seeing Daniel Day Lewis coming out of retirement to do a f***ing Marvel movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd say even if retirement wasn't an issue, the closest Daniel Day-Lewis would ever want to get to the Marvel money would be driving the truck of money to RDJ's house as method acting prep for his upcoming role as a truck driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

That's the one thing that always had me doubt Cruise would do Marvel, or DC for that matter because I heard him floated as a potential Hal Jordan. Any films he does now he's basically running the show, so there's no way he'd be able to play ball with Feige.

The last film he did that could compare to this was The Mummy, and it didn't work out well.

Oh absolutely: whatever Cruise is gonna work on he's always gonna require a large degree of autonomy; he and McQuarrie seem to gel well together in that respect, they obviously know how to compliment each other without clashing. Ditto Joseph Kosinski of course, who had already worked with Cruise before both of them made Top Gun: Maverick. While the MCU is, by design, a franchise that forbids any kind of creative control that isn't coming from Kevin Feige.

That said, Cruise has now hit 60 and you gotta presume eventually even personal fortune can't underwrite stunts if his body's no longer capable of withstanding the punishment; so the question will be if he just retires from acting, or move into more sedate pay-cheque work - though even then, I still wouldn't see what the MCU would offer.

Advertisement