Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

1141142143144145147»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Interest piqued!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,904 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I thought Ultron was fantastic so provided it isn't just for another dick joke, thats definitely interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I thought they needed a good hook for that Vision show so that's a major get.

My memory is hazy in how they did it in Age of Ultron, but I recall thinking it was flimsy and that he'd inevitably return.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I enjoyed the character popping up in the What If series, but don't think it was Spader voicing him for that. Spader is usually worth a watch (or listen in this case).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,109 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Well, iirc, they said if even one ultron bot survived it would replicate again and they'd be back to world ending threat stuff. So... It was pretty clear on the movie logic they ended him.

• Advertisement

I loved Vision vs. Final Ultron

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,176 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I really liked Spader as Ultron but Age of Ultron was abysmal compared to the original Avengers, perfectly encapsulated in Thor's "I have run out of things to say" comment.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Bettany and Spader carry it majestically tbf. But for both of them its entirely meh.

Visions birth is another of the top MCU scenes

And Cap just twitching Mjolnir as Thor briefly looks worried played fantastically in Endgame of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I actually really love Age of Ultron. There were definitely a few things cut from the film which really hurt it (such as the end to Bruce and Nat's conversation in Hawkeye's house), and the fight against the Ultron bots never feels like they're any real threat for the most part. But there are so many great moments and performances in the film that it really grew on me on subsequent rewatches.

A solo Vision tv show didn't sound that great even though I love the character, but if we're getting Spader back as Ultron, I'm sold.

Advertisement