Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

he could've been on holiday in Florida,

superheroes need holidays too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Or he mightnt have been bitten yet, still coming to grips with his powers.

Or maybe he was in detention

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Or he mightnt have been bitten yet, still coming to grips with his powers.

Or maybe he was in detention

Or maybe Sony hadn't done a deal with Marvel at that point so who really cares :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

In general, are the people getting hung up on this only fans of the movies and not the comics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

If anyone is getting hung up on it, it'd be the comic book fans since Spiderman is central to Civil War and he's only going to be JUST introduced in that movie. So, the decisions made about that character in the MCU are pretty important. For instance, the impact of
    Spiderman's unmasking
    at such an early point in the characters story will change that character completely for any further appearances in the MCU. So the traditional, early days, high school setting of Parker/Spiderman is going to be thrown way off by the events of Civil War.

For me, it's merely fun to speculate how they'll go about it. I'm sure Marvel would have preferred that they had control of Spiderman since Phase 1 of the MCU and it'd all fit together much nicer but it is what it is now. No harm putting a fresh spin (no pun intended) on the character though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The mcu is not 616 it doesn't have to follow the comics completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Would black panther or Antman not be the most likely candidates to unmask as both will be introduced into the mcu by civil war and are the only mask characters introduced by then....provided black panther is in avengers that is.

Would like to see red skull, general Ross and abomination brought back in some way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I don't think the Panther will see any reason to unmask, Wakanda is his main concern. A potential unmasking and media scrutiny that would go with it wouldn't be in the interests of his country I don't think.

As for Lang, I can see him and Tony clashing so I don't think he'll unmask either.

I don't think Civil War will necessarily focus on unmasking tbh, moreso a simple case of Tony wanting Superheroes to become hired guns for Shield/the US government, and to be held 'accountable' for their actions.

I think Hawkeye, War Machine and Spiderman (initially) will be won over by Tony. Natasha, Black Panther, Ant Man (indirectly: will be doing his own thing which goes against Stark's plans) and the Falcon will be behind Cap.

Dr. Stange will be a wild card above the petty squabling.

Scarlet Witch I feel will be a big reason why Cap and Stark fall out (latter will see her as too dangerous and will imprison her somehow, with the help of Shield). Whatever Stark does to the Hulk will be a factor too. Cap will also be disgusted at how Stark manipulates a young Spiderman. These will be the real reasons for the bad blood, the 'registration act' will just be the detonator so to speak. Bucky may also be a factor.

Hulk and Thor won't be present in Civil War.

These are just my pure musings, how I would like for things to go down anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I was talking about the idea that Spider-Man should have been around during the attack on New York. In the comics it's generally accepted that while everyone shares a universe, for the most part they operate in their own little spheres.

As for Spider-man in Civil War, as already said the film universe and 616 aren't the same entity so I don't think
    they will do the unmasking
    and Marvel said they regretted doing it in the comic...Plus they already pretty much did it in the film universe
    at the end of Iron Man

Varik wrote: »
    The mcu is not 616 it doesn't have to follow the comics completely.

And it hasn't. Look at Ultron's origins (I'm not a comic reader so there are probably other examples). The majority of the films' audiences are like me and wouldn't have read the comics so we're not going to notice.
    Sirsok wrote: »
    Would black panther or Antman not be the most likely candidates to unmask as both will be introduced into the mcu by civil war and are the only mask characters introduced by then....provided black panther is in avengers that is.
    Jon Stark wrote: »
    As for Lang, I can see him and Tony clashing so I don't think he'll unmask either.

Have any of The Antman cast been confirmed to appear in any other movies. I presume they all signed multi-picture deals and I'm sure Feige has plans but if so you'd think they might be using it as a marketing ploy for the film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Sirsok

http://whatculture.com/film/11-most-exciting-captain-america-civil-war-rumours.php

No real spoilers just rumours and guesswork but a fun little article all the same. They have a plethora(great word) of different articles on the mcu. Always read them in work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

So I watched Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 over the last few nights in preparation for Ultron and I plan on watching Cap 2 over the weekend. Just a few things.

IM3 was hard to watch again! Some good parts but very forgettable. Has the President (William Sadler) been in any of the other Marvel movies? Also, is Extremis totally out of the equation now?

And with Thor, what do people think the situation with Odin/Loki is? Is he just imprisoned or worse?! And I was thinking isn't it a wonder the AoS never went back to the 'animal' in London at the end of Thor 2?
    And is Thor still on Asgard or what? I suppose we'll find out in Ultron...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

macslash wrote: »
    So I watched Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 over the last few nights in preparation for Ultron and I plan on watching Cap 2 over the weekend. Just a few things.

IM3 was hard to watch again! Some good parts but very forgettable. Has the President (William Sadler) been in any of the other Marvel movies? Also, is Extremis totally out of the equation now?

And with Thor, what do people think the situation with Odin/Loki is? Is he just imprisoned or worse?! And I was thinking isn't it a wonder the AoS never went back to the 'animal' in London at the end of Thor 2?
    And is Thor still on Asgard or what? I suppose we'll find out in Ultron...

He's mentioned in Cap 2. I don't think so otherwise.

I love iron man 3 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

cloud493 wrote: »
    He's mentioned in Cap 2. I don't think so otherwise.

I love iron man 3 though.

Yup...watched Cap 2 there and his name was on a plaque in the museum. I wonder will the Winter Soldier be mentioned in Ultron at all as Cap finished with Rodgers and Falcon planning on going after him..

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Daredevil stars Vincent D'Onofrio & Charlie Cox did a Reddit AMA

Main bits here
    http://mcuexchange.com/charlie-cox-confirms-classic-red-suit-in-daredevil/

And their whole AMA is in the link below.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/31ftne/were_vincent_donofrio_and_charlie_cox_from/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,774 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Joe and Anthony Russo officially confirmed to direct Avengers Infinity War.
    As anticipation and excitement build to a fever pitch for Marvel’s “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” the blockbuster sequel to the third-largest movie of all time, Marvel is proud to announce Joe and Anthony Russo will join the franchise as the directors of Marvel’s “Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1” and “Avengers: Infinity War – Part 2.”

The Russo brothers first entered the Marvel Cinematic Universe with Marvel’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” one of the top-grossing film’s from 2014, and are currently preparing to shoot Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War.” The third film in the Captain America franchise will bring the classic storyline from the comics to life pitting Cap (Chris Evans) against Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), as well as introducing Black Panther to the Marvel Cinematic Universe with actor Chadwick Boseman ahead of his own film later in Phase 3.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24399/joe_anthony_russo_to_direct_2-part_marvels_avengers_infinity_war_event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Joe and Anthony Russo officially confirmed to direct Avengers Infinity War.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24399/joe_anthony_russo_to_direct_2-part_marvels_avengers_infinity_war_event

The right choice imo. As much as I love Whedon (and I do), doing two back-to-back Avengers films with such a huge cast would break him. In recent interviews he even sounds a bit worn out from Avengers AOU.

The Russos did a fantastic job with Winter Soldier and with there being two of them to carry the load, I think they'll do great with Civil War and Infinity War.

Bad Horse wrote:
    The Russos did a fantastic job with Winter Soldier and with there being two of them to carry the load, I think they'll do great with Civil War and Infinity War.

They've also proved they can handle a group dynamic (albeit on a much smaller scale) with the likes of Community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

FunLover18 wrote: »
    They've also proved they can handle a group dynamic (albeit on a much smaller scale) with the likes of Community.

Fans of community don't talk highly of the Russo stint on Community, it's known as the 'gas leak year' where the characters were handled poorly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Fans of community don't talk highly of the Russo stint on Community, it's known as the 'gas leak year' where the characters were handled poorly.

That wasn't the Russos. The Russos wrote and directed episodes throughout Community's run and were Executive Producers for every season except Season 4 (Gas Leak Year). It was two of the writers (David Guarascio and Moses Port) who ran Community for Gas Leak Year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Bad Horse wrote: »
    That wasn't the Russos. The Russos wrote and directed episodes throughout Community's run and were Executive Producers for every season except Season 4 (Gas Leak Year). It was two of the writers (David Guarascio and Moses Port) who ran Community for Gas Leak Year.

I retract my foolish statement. I got mixed up.

I'm on board so lads :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Bad Horse wrote: »
    The right choice imo. As much as I love Whedon (and I do), doing two back-to-back Avengers films with such a huge cast would break him. In recent interviews he even sounds a bit worn out from Avengers AOU.

Yeah and I'd say the pressure from the studios is the most stressful part. He has to oversee everything and work through it all but probably under strict rules with marvel to make sure the universe continues to have the same look and feel throughout.

First critics opinions of age of ultron

http://www.slashfilm.com/avengers-age-of-ultron-early-buzz/

Mike Sampson ‏@mjsamps

Avengers 2 is both an amazing sequel and a fantastic setup for the rest of the MCU. So nerdy in the best possible way.

Mike Ryan ‏@mikeryan 10m10 minutes ago

And out of all the AGE OF ULTRON chaos, somehow Hawkeye gets the best role in the movie. AND the best line of the movie, maybe the series.

Mike Ryan ‏@mikeryan 13m13 minutes ago

Just saw AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON. Soooooooo many characters and soooooo much going on, I can't believe it's coherent, let alone so fun.
    More reactions are being compiled here:

And Daredevil is real awesome, they're on a roll.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I feel like an old man and cynic, but I'm always a bit slow to take Twitter reaction-posts as more than just first / gut impressions. You're always going to be a bit more pumped if you're an invested fan than someone just going in for a passing looksee. Still good to see the initial reaction is positive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

The Dark Knight Rises got amazing early buzz and we know how that worked out (I'm personally a fan of tdkr though).

Chances are if you've been given access to do such an early review or viewing you're unlikely to have a moan.

True, but still. I also like the TDKR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Sounds good I have high hopes. I also loved the dark knight rises. Why speak of it like its a bad thing ?

ricero wrote: »
    Sounds good I have high hopes. I also loved the dark knight rises. Why speak of it like its a bad thing ?

Its a popular film to hate on the internet is why :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

cloud493 wrote: »
    Its a popular film to hate on the internet is why :p

No, it's bad. Worst of the trilogy by a long way

• Advertisement

Worst of a trilogy (subjective and debatable) = bad?

Advertisement