Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Not the thread for the discussion but for me tdkr was a suitable and worthy ending to the trilogy.

Marvel will do well to achieve such storytelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

cloud493 wrote: »
    Worst of a trilogy (subjective and debatable) = bad?

I don't wanna derail the thread (might do it in the DC thread soon enough though).

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kevin Feige Confirms Peter Parker; Talks High School Spidey
    “In terms of the age of an actor we’ll eventually to cast, I don’t know. In terms of the age of what we believe Peter Parker is, I’d say 15-16 is right.”
    “We want to play with Spider-Man in the high school years because frankly there’ve been five Spider-Man films and the amazing thing about it is, even though there’ve been five Spider-Man films, there are so many things from the comics that haven’t been done yet. Not just characters or villains or supporting characters, but sides to his character. The most obvious being the ‘young, doesn’t quite fit in’ kid before his powers, and then the fella that puts on a mask and swings around and fights bad guys and doesn’t shut up, which is something we want to play with and we’re excited about.”

http://collider.com/spider-man-kevin-feige-confirms-peter-parker-in-high-school/

I posted this in the Daredevil thread on the online TV forum, but figure that it would be better asked here.

Given that Daredevil exists in the Marvel universe, then that means that the Avengers exist. How does the current Netflix series fit in with the timeline of, say, the Battle of New York? There was a throwaway comment about a guy with a suit and a guy with a magical hammer, so that means that it must exist after at least Thor =1 and Iron Man #1.

I'm on episode 6, so if there are any spoilers that take place after this then please keep it vague.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

When matt and foggy are looking at office space its mentioned that there are cranes everywhere to rebuild the damage. I read somewhere else that it takes place 2 years after the battle of new York

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Yeah around the same time as Cap 2, 2 years after the battle of New York.

horgan_p wrote: »
    When matt and foggy are looking at office space its mentioned that there are cranes everywhere to rebuild the damage. I read somewhere else that it takes place 2 years after the battle of new York

I remembered that, but thought they were referencing something else entirely. That's an interesting prospect. So the Battle of New York is done and finished?

I feel like it's a wasted opportunity, because the damage was effectively that of the bombing of London during the Blitz and 2 or however many years surely wouldn't be enough time to repair the damage.

I remembered that, but thought they were referencing something else entirely. That's an interesting prospect. So the Battle of New York is done and finished?

I feel like it's a wasted opportunity, because the damage was effectively that of the bombing of London during the Blitz and 2 or however many years surely wouldn't be enough time to repair the damage.

Yeah, like they say 'every time someone gets punched through a wall we make profit' and I think they directly reference the battle for New York.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's not shown to be fully repaired at all, that's why the sky scraper they meet in is a construction site. Just watched th first 2 episodes and I thought they made it fairly clear it's set after Avengers and the organised crime head honchos are profiting greatly off the business generated by the destruction of New York. Thought it was a nice touch myself.and a relatively subtle way to go about tying it in. Really liking it so far, end of episode 2 was great, reminded me of Oldboy.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's not shown to be fully repaired at all, that's why the sky scraper they meet in is a construction site. Just watched th first 2 episodes and I thought they made it fairly clear it's set after Avengers and the organised crime head honchos are profiting greatly off the business generated by the destruction of New York. Thought it was a nice touch myself.and a relatively subtle way to go about tying it in. Really liking it so far, end of episode 2 was great, reminded me of Oldboy.

I posted this somewhere else, but the take used in that fight scene was the 6th or 7th, so the exhaustion you see is real

• Advertisement

I think its brilliant, makes me wanna get back to agents of shield.

I think its the bit where the estate agent mentions the office space they get is so cheap cos of the reconstruction.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I posted this somewhere else, but the take used in that fight scene was the 6th or 7th, so the exhaustion you see is real

Hah yeah I actually just read that in the other forum there, it's great to see that kind of thing in a marvel production, I was hoping they'd use the Netflix platform as an opportunity to play it a little less "safe" to the movies and agents of shield.

Hah yeah I actually just read that in the other forum there, it's great to see that kind of thing in a marvel production, I was hoping they'd use the Netflix platform as an opportunity to play it a little less "safe" to the movies and agents of shield.

I actually think the movies aren't too bad, but AoS is extremely kiddie friendly. I know this is for the Marvel universe, but what I really appreciate about the D.C. universe, specifically the animated movies, is that they're not afraid to use gore and violence the level you'd see in the likes of Dredd 3D

I actually think the movies aren't too bad, but AoS is extremely kiddie friendly. I know this is for the Marvel universe, but what I really appreciate about the D.C. universe, specifically the animated movies, is that they're not afraid to use gore and violence the level you'd see in the likes of Dredd 3D

I like the movies a lot myself and even Agents of Shield won me over when I gave it a 2nd chance and watched the 2nd half of season 1 but I get the feeling that if Daredevil had been given the movie treatment rather than the Netflix show we'd have gotten something a lot more in line with the tone of the other films.

It certainly makes the other upcoming Marvel shows on Netflix an interesting prospect.

It really goes to show how much damage the traditional cable network actually damaged TV ultimately.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Doctor Strange starts filming in November

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/11/benedict-cumberbatchs-doctor-strange-starts-filming-in-november/

Also finished Daredevil a few hours ago, it's so damn good, really hope it gets a 2nd season, bring on the rest of The Defenders shows.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

In one of the later episodes you see one of the characters pick up a framed article about the battle of NY, with a picture of the dead giant alien in between the buildings.

Daredevil's the start of a great thing. Netflix are absolutely on point and what Marvel's TV department really needed to refresh that side of the universe. It's funny that ABC can't air their shows like this even though they played their part in producing this series. I'm assuming we'll get the next of the four series, AKA Jessica Jones, in about 6 months and the next 6 months after that and so on until they've completed each individual character's series. Could be possible that they'd make us wait a full year for the defenders miniseries afterwards though to allow more people time to watch the series and build hype for it. Can anyone who's read the comics comment on how Daredevil compares to the other characters? Hopefully DD and JJ are the two weaker ones and they're saving the best for last because if this season of DD ends up being considered one of the weaker ones I can't wait to see how good the others are. The quality of DD's suit was also great, it actually looked good enough to be used as is in a MCU movie.

Do any of the other characters kill enemies also?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I definitely think a smaller amount of tight episodes is the way to go. No filler episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

In one of the later episodes you see one of the characters pick up a framed article about the battle of NY, with a picture of the dead giant alien in between the buildings.

Daredevil's the start of a great thing. Netflix are absolutely on point and what Marvel's TV department really needed to refresh that side of the universe. It's funny that ABC can't air their shows like this even though they played their part in producing this series. I'm assuming we'll get the next of the four series, AKA Jessica Jones, in about 6 months and the next 6 months after that and so on until they've completed each individual character's series. Could be possible that they'd make us wait a full year for the defenders miniseries afterwards though to allow more people time to watch the series and build hype for it. Can anyone who's read the comics comment on how Daredevil compares to the other characters? Hopefully DD and JJ are the two weaker ones and they're saving the best for last because if this season of DD ends up being considered one of the weaker ones I can't wait to see how good the others are. The quality of DD's suit was also great, it actually looked good enough to be used as is in a MCU movie.

Do any of the other characters kill enemies also?

The Punisher and Deadpool tend to leave a trail of bodies behind them. The Punisher done in the style of Daredevil and washing Day would be a perfect fit imho.

Venom wrote: »
    The Punisher and Deadpool tend to leave a trail of bodies behind them. The Punisher done in the style of Daredevil and washing Day would be a perfect fit imho.

Yeah, hasn't one of the daredevil producers stated they'd really like to do a very hard R/18s punisher series? That washing day short was brilliant, would you pick Thomas Jane as the best person for the role?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Don't like the Daredevil mask, just looks off. The rest of the costume is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It really reminds me of Iron Fist's costume.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Yeah, hasn't one of the daredevil producers stated they'd really like to do a very hard R/18s punisher series? That washing day short was brilliant, would you pick Thomas Jane as the best person for the role?

It doesnt even have to be a hard R version tho. Daredeviil was only PG 15 and was more than gritty enough.

Thomas Jane as the Washing Day Frank Castle would be pretty awesome. Saying that, I really liked Ray Stevenson in Punisher War Zone as it had a real Garth Ennis Punisher vibe to it.

Venom wrote: »
    It doesnt even have to be a hard R version tho. Daredeviil was only PG 15 and was more than gritty enough.

Thomas Jane as the Washing Day Frank Castle would be pretty awesome. Saying that, I really liked Ray Stevenson in Punisher War Zone as it had a real Garth Ennis Punisher vibe to it.

Hard R doesn't necessarily mean more violence than what was in DD, just being able to say 'fuk'. I'd still like a punisher series to be somewhere near on the level of The Raids violence though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The short was called Dirty Laundry ....not Washing Day thankfully lol

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ANT-MAN Trailer #2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    ANT-MAN Trailer #2

That just looks class!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

ha Thomas the tank engine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

If you check the wall behind Bens desk in the newspaper office, he has the "Battle of LA" in the centre and to the left is "Terror in Harlem" or such with a picture of Hulk punching the Abomination.

And loved that Ant-Man trailer, can say after those final few seconds the hype train has left the station :D

I'll get my coat!

Advertisement