Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well Charlie Cox has said that's he contracted to do movies as well, so he could possibly show up in Civil War.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I dunno, I think Daredevil should stay out of the movies; I've hard enough time as it is, coming to terms with the notion that while Kingpin is
    smashing people's heads into pulp with a car door
    , somewhere else in the US Agent Coulson is happily quipping with SHIELD & pals as they go on another sunny adventure.

It's the first Marvel production that feels like it just doesn't quite belong in the same universe as the rest of the stories. That's not a bad thing mind you, just not sure Daredevil could rub shoulders with Thor without it adversely affecting the credibility of both stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'd imagine it would be Cap, Black Widow, Falcon, Scarlet Witch on The Anti Registration side, with Tony, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Spider-Man and Matt Murdock (maybe) for the Registration Act, with Spider-Man towards the films end pulling both sides back together reminding them of why they became The Avengers in the first place.

would spider man and daredevil be pro reg though spidey in particular has the mask specifically to protect his loved ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

nerd69 wrote: »
    would spider man and daredevil be pro reg though spidey in particular has the mask specifically to protect his loved ones

In the comics
    spiderman is initially convinced by iron man to be pro reg, and reveals his identity, then changes sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

cloud493 wrote: »
    In the comics
    spiderman is initially convinced by iron man to be pro reg, and reveals his identity, then changes sides.

did not realise that thank you kindly

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hope the new Daredevil gets a part in it, he'd fit right in on Cap's side. Also no Banner, I guess he has taken off to
    Planet Hulk
    ?

Unlikely since that
    wasn't a spaceship he was in [
    plus it would ruin the character's motivations if it wasn't an enforced exile on the part of the other avengers. If we ever see a planet hulk film it will be after infinity war I reckon.

Going by that cast list Cap 3 is next Avengers movie in all but name unless they're mostly just token cameos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

cloud493 wrote: »
    I wish they'd hurry up and announce the spiderman actor :pac: I don't think daredevil will be in the film per se, I think Murdock might get a cameo, but thats it.

There are talks that Asa Butterfield is the front runner for the role.

asa_butterfield_2013_02.jpg

EDIT: Oops! Sorry about the size of the pic...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will 'Agent Carter' Be Replaced by 'Ms. Marvel' on ABC?
    John Ridley was hired by ABC to write a new, currently under-wraps Marvel project. Given the fact EW specified ABC and not ABC Studios in its report, one’s left to assume the series in question isn’t one of the two remaining Netflix shows still in need of a writer (Iron Fist and The Defenders), but a new series for ABC proper. Now, while still in major speculation territory, a new rumor floating around online suggests that project is in fact an adaptation of the current Ms. Marvel comic line starring a lead that would serve the network well considering its current rate of success with diverse casts.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillbarr/2015/04/20/agent-carter/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Average-Ro wrote: »
    There are talks that Asa Butterfield is the front runner for the role.

asa_butterfield_2013_02.jpg

EDIT: Oops! Sorry about the size of the pic...

I really like that they're looking for age appropriate actors this time. Not a bad choice if he's picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Just finished Daredevil, really good stuff, anyone got any idea when Netflix is releasing its next MCU series?

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    Just finished Daredevil, really good stuff, anyone got any idea when Netflix is releasing its next MCU series?

Daredevil Season 2 drops on Netflix in early 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Daredevil was really impressive and IMO the best thing Marvel have done to date.

What I liked most was how uncompromising it was (wasn't afraid to play up to the characters catholicism) and how well acted it was. Just simply excellent. Deserves all the plaudits it's getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Daredevil Season 2 drops on Netflix in early 2016.

I believe Jessica Jones should be some time later this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

flazio wrote: »

Aka Jessica Jones is later this year. 2016 has Daredevil s2 and Luke Cage. Iron Fist and The Defenders are sometime thereafter.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Aka Jessica Jones is later this year. 2016 has Daredevil s2 and Luke Cage. Iron Fist and The Defenders are sometime thereafter.

Jessica Jones and Luke cage are the one show I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Jessica Jones and Luke cage are the one show I thought?

No 2 shows but they will show up in each others shows. Luke Cage will be introduced in Jessica Jones

William Hurt returning as Thunderbolt in Captain America: Civil War seems to be doing the rounds today

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Martin Freeman Joins Captain America: Civil War in unspecified role.

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/05/martin-freeman-joins-captain-america-civil-war/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

So Martin Freeman has joined Civil War, no word on who he's playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Dr Strange's assistant?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

humanji wrote: »
    Dr Strange's assistant?

where are people getting the Dr. Strange connection ??? Outside of the obvious Sherlock connection with Cumberbatch

Is Strange even in Civil War ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Yeah, it was a little Sherlock joke :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Is Strange even in Civil War ?

I don't think he's been confirmed

Leaked Email: Marvel CEO Not So Hot on Female Superhero Movies
    Well, this isn't great. Indiewire's "Women and Hollywood" blog went digging in WikiLeaks' searchable treasure trove of leaked Sony emails and found a message that appears to be from Marvel Entertainment CEO Ike Perlmutter, sent to Sony exec Michael Lynton. It was sent last August and bears the ominous and blunt subject line "Female Movies." We don't know the context, as it seems to be a follow-up from a phone call, but here's the email in full:

Michael,
    As we discussed on the phone, below are just a few examples. There are more.
    Thanks,
    Ike
    1. Electra (Marvel) – Very bad idea and the end result was very, very bad. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=elektra.htm
    2. Catwoman (WB/DC) - Catwoman was one of the most important female character within the Batmanfranchise. This film was a disaster. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=catwoman.htm
    3. Supergirl – (DC) Supergirl was one of the most important female super hero in Superman franchise. This Movie came out in 1984 and did $14 million total domestic with opening weekend of $5.5 million. Again, another disaster.
    Best,
    Ike

http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/marvel-ceo-not-so-hot-on-female-superhero-movies.html?mid=imdb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I think that's a whole of nothing tbh, he's calling crap movies crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It might be that if they don't make them utterly terribly then they mightn't be total critical and financial failures, irrespective of the gender of the star.

Still, you can't expect them to make bad financial decisions just for the sake of political correctness. Even a well made female superhero film probably wouldn't draw the sort of crowds films of these budgets require.

If they could stick something together more intimate or on a smaller scale, they could probably make it work, but even with films like Dredd, they worn't really the sort of bets that studios make - not when they're used to making a billion dollars a go.

This comes on the back of all the bad press there are getting about Black Widow as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Jon Stark wrote: »
    I think that's a whole of nothing tbh, he's calling crap movies crap.

This times a million.

Advertisement