Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Wasn't it mentioned in The Winter Soldier that Sharon was Peggy's niece?

I don't believe it is mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

cloud493 wrote: »
    I don't believe it is mentioned.

After re-watching it, and the connection isn't mentioned, that's something they should bring up in Civil War.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Probably irrelevant but I watched an interview with TJ Miller who is playing Weasel in Deadpool. While I know Fox owns Deadpool, Miller says to "the folks over at Marvel" will not like him spilling secrets on the movie. While this may just be a mistake by the actor, it has me wondering could Deadpool be somehow integrated into the MCU? Even sarcastically through jokes and references to other movies. Here is the interview http://www.ibtimes.co.in/deadpool-movie-news-weasel-tj-miller-reveals-major-spoilers-video-631485

The talk is that Fox's X-Men universe will end with the next movie, Apocalypse and that Jackmans last time playing Wolverine will be in the 2017 solo movie. Could this leave the door open for Marvel to regain some control over some of these characters and work them into future movies? Certain characters such as Deadpool and Wolverine need to appear in some way I believe (Deadpools interactions with Thor in the comics being a real highlight for me) and Wolverine is integral to the Avengers.

I know this topic has been done to death but just these recent reports have given me a glimmer of hope where previously there was none!

I think he probably means they won't be happy with him drawing attention to it. If they aren't releasing it they don't want you to know it exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

William Hurt, Paul Rudd, and Paul Bettany all confirmed for Civil War.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24586/marvel_studios_begins_production_on_marvels_captain_america_civil_war

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Great to see Hurt back.

Having said that though I'm a little worried about how big the ensemble is now, hopefully Evans remains front and centre.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Great to see Hurt back.

Having said that though I'm a little worried about how big the ensemble is now, hopefully Evans remains front and centre.

I would think a lot of the appearances will be small token ones like some of the lesser characters in age of ultron with the main focus on Cap, otherwise why not just Bill it as an Avengers movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Ok, how does this sound...

During the second Infinity movie, Thanos uses Hulk as a weapon against our heros. In his rage he accidentally kills off Black Widow. Banner, feeling like he is too dangerous to stay on Earth goes on a self imposed exile with the help of his newly found space friends. Opening the path for....

Planet Hulk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The cast of Civil War..
    Captain America: Civil War” picks up where “Avengers: Age of Ultron” left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain.

Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America
    Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
    Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
    Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier
    Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon
    Paul Bettany as The Vision
    Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye
    Don Cheadle as Jim Rhodes/War Machine
    Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
    Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man
    Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa/Black Panther
    Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter/Agent 13
    Daniel Brühl who recently revealed he’ll be playing Baron Helmut Zemo (but Marvel does not confirm this in the press release)
    Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones
    William Hurt as General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross
    Martin Freeman who is rumored to be playing Everett K. Ross

http://io9.com/the-entire-marvel-cinematic-universe-has-been-cast-in-c-1702873410

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I would think a lot of the appearances will be small token ones like some of the lesser characters in age of ultron with the main focus on Cap, otherwise why not just Bill it as an Avengers movie?

I think this should be Avengers 3, given the cast already and it kicks off after A2:AOU plus also I think RDJ as Stark/Ironman will be co lead

I am expecting Quill, Rocket and other GOTG to be added too :p

Is Fury and Maria Hill in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think this should be Avengers 3, given the cast already and it kicks off after A2:AOU plus also I think RDJ as Stark/Ironman will be co lead

They really have a job of keeping this a Captain America story. I suspect, as Mickeroo mentioned too, that most of these characters will be bit parts used to show the scope of the conflict. The majority of the movie will follow the conflict between Cap and IM, with other heroes falling in line behind them.

What will be very interesting to see is how do Marvel play out the 3rd act? They can't really go into a massive fight between all the heroes since it's pointless. As poor as the legion of baddies were in Avengers 1 & 2, at least the heroes got to rip them apart. I think (hope) the action in this will be much more grounded in personal conflicts (particularly Cap & IM) and smaller scale fights/action.

• Advertisement

There is also going to be a lot to cram into a 2 - 2 1/2 hour Civil War movie.

None of the ground work has been laid for the registration act so they will have to introduce that unless they use an event in one of the other movies as the reason for it. They have to define the sides, have a battle that feels long running, and then wrap it all up. Although I think
    they will have Cap killed off in battle rather than like in the comic, and Stark will be responsible before redeeming himself in Infinity War when he uses one of the gems to bring him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    There is also going to be a lot to cram into a 2 - 2 1/2 hour Civil War movie.

None of the ground work has been laid for the registration act so they will have to introduce that unless they use an event in one of the other movies as the reason for it. They have to define the sides, have a battle that feels long running, and then wrap it all up. Although I think
    they will have Cap killed off in battle rather than like in the comic, and Stark will be responsible before redeeming himself in Infinity War when he uses one of the gems to bring him back.

What about the damage caused by the Hulk in his own movie and now in Africa in Avengers. I'm sure Gen. Ross will be glad to do something about that and he all ready has a connection to Stark in the movie universe, when he came talking about the avengers in the Hulk movie.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The registration act wouldn't really affect the Hulk though would it? It's widely known who he is I thought?

I'm excited enough for Civil War, but I can't help but feel it's something they should have saved for post Infinity War when there's a much bigger gallery of heroes fully established, really it's a story arch worthy of the scope and build up they're giving the infinity gauntlet stuff that could cover a whole "phase" of films rather than one, plus it would have been a nice change to the "hero vs bad guy" format of all the Marvel movies thus far.

The registration act wouldn't really affect the Hulk though would it? It's widely known who he is I thought?

I'm excited enough for Civil War, but I can't help but feel it's something they should have saved for post Infinity War when there's a much bigger gallery of heroes fully established, really it's a story arch worthy of the scope and build up they're giving the infinity gauntlet stuff that could cover a whole "phase" of films rather than one, plus it would have been a nice change to the "hero vs bad guy" format of all the Marvel movies thus far.

But he can be used by Ross as a reason why there should be more control over these powered people. And it is something that could be used to persuade Stark to get involved.
    Heck I'm sure Antman could be used as an excuse too. Here we have a known felon going around in a powered suit.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    But he can be used by Ross as a reason why there should be more control over these powered people. And it is something that could be used to persuade Stark to get involved.
    Heck I'm sure Antman could be used as an excuse too. Here we have a known felon going around in a powered suit.

True, I suppose the fact Ross is confirmed in the cast probably means you're right too. Good point about Ant-man also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    What about the damage caused by the Hulk in his own movie and now in Africa in Avengers. I'm sure Gen. Ross will be glad to do something about that and he all ready has a connection to Stark in the movie universe, when he came talking about the avengers in the Hulk movie.

Agreed, I think the combined climatic fights in the Avengers movies and the Hulk fight with Iron Man will be core reasons behind the new registration act in Civil War.

I think it's been said before though that the registration act is going to be less about publicly unmasking the heroes and more about tracking them and their powers - which would be an imposition on their rights to freedom which Captain America obviously won't stand for.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Agreed, I think the combined climatic fights in the Avengers movies and the Hulk fight with Iron Man will be core reasons behind the new registration act in Civil War.

I think it's been said before though that the registration act is going to be less about publicly unmasking the heroes and more about tracking them and their powers - which would be an imposition on their rights to freedom which Captain America obviously won't stand for.

I think Agents of SHIELD is likely going down that route with the Index and the increased presence of the
    inhumans

And by the way, that's a show that vastly improved on a dismal first 8-9 episodes, only to bog itself down with the stupid
    Real SHIELD and Continuity SHIELD.

ABC has renewed TV shows Agents of Shield and Agent Carter

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

Very happy about Carter i really thought it did well for what it was, Agents got good and has just gone crappy again it all just seems a bit forced

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

The real reason for the Civil War...

Civil%20War_zpsy4onwtfl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

YAY!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Turtyturd wrote:

Mickeroo wrote:

I agree with all of this. I'm wondering if maybe it be resolved in this movie and that maybe the Civil War will have ramifications throughout Phase 3 before being resolved in the face of a bigger problem in Infinity War. It would be an interesting way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Was thinking the way Red Skull's ending was done in Captain America: The First Avenger, could he come back at some point down the line? Albeit played by a different actor., maybe for one of the Infinity War movies, because we know Thanos won't be alone in said films.

Infinity War is being entirely shot on 2D :D IMAX cameras. Is it too early to book a trip to London?

http://www.firstshowing.net/2015/marvel-is-filming-avengers-infinity-wars-entirely-with-imax-cameras/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

They're new digital IMAX cameras, not the 70mm film ones, so I dunno if it'd be worth the trip to London since cineworlds digital IMAX screen will be able to display it the same. Unless I'm wrong, someone more informed on the new cameras will hopefully clear it up. Also, all marvel movies seem to be shot in 2D and then post converted to 3D so this will probably be the same story and I wouldn't be surprised if all IMAX showings were 3D as well. I really hate that.

Do the new cameras do as good a job as the 70mm cameras with regards to colour and resolution? Will they allow for the full IMAX screen to be filled from top to bottom like 70mm IMAX scenes? Is it only the new laser projectors that can display the full IMAX image? If so, are any of the UK IMAX screens equipped with the new laser projectors yet?

Can't describe how jealous I am of anyone who'll get to see this in the Sydney IMAX as well, biggest one in the world last I checked.

By the time it comes out there will be.

https://uk.yahoo.com/celebrity/s/furious-7-film-shows-off-sharp-imax-laser-133642289--finance.html

Don't know the tech stuff about best cameras, formats... stuff. Whatever it's like I'm guessing it's going to be better than feckin' OmniMAXX :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

James74 wrote: »
    By the time it comes out there will be.

https://uk.yahoo.com/celebrity/s/furious-7-film-shows-off-sharp-imax-laser-133642289--finance.html

Don't know the tech stuff about best cameras, formats... stuff. Whatever it's like I'm guessing it's going to be better than feckin' OmniMAXX :)

BFI seem to really make an effort at keeping up to date so yeah by the time these come out they'll surely have already installed the new projectors.

I think the new cameras will be a replacement for the otherwise necessary 35mm scenes because the 70mm cameras are too loud to be used during quiet and more personal scenes. But during action sequences the 70mm camera will be used which, as long as they do a good DMR and display it by filling the entire screen, will be absolutely amazing. If this is the case then to be honest probably the biggest thing I'm looking forward to seeing is the possible difference between the footage that was filmed on 70mm and the digitally filmed footage.

Also, yeah, fuk omnimaxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Was thinking the way Red Skull's ending was done in Captain America: The First Avenger, could he come back at some point down the line? Albeit played by a different actor., maybe for one of the Infinity War movies, because we know Thanos won't be alone in said films.

Well the Tesseract is the space stone. I'd be fairly sure he is not dead rather transported to somewhere else in Space.

Asa Butterflield in talks for Spiderman

• Advertisement

In the middle of watching Daredevil and it's a shame that they included Hawkeye in The Avengers, a tv show based on Fraction's recent run would have been a perfect fit.

Advertisement