Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Turtyturd wrote: »
    In the middle of watching Daredevil and it's a shame that they included Hawkeye in The Avengers, a tv show based on Fraction's recent run would have been a perfect fit.

imagine the arguments though if there were both Hawkeye and Arrow shows at the same time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

As long as one of them became someone else to become something else, I'd be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

I rewatched the winter soldier over the weekend after reading up on this thread. Really was a brilliant film and I think as others have said it had a villain who's power didn't diminish as the film went on.

Spoiler for the winter soldier below:

Did anyone notice the writing on Fury's gravestone? Thought it was a nice little nod to his previous work

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

jones wrote: »
    I rewatched the winter soldier over the weekend after reading up on this thread. Really was a brilliant film and I think as others have said it had a villain who's power didn't diminish as the film went on.
    It also really helped that the heroes didn't have a complete victory. They themselves are scattered, the organisation they had faith in is destroyed, they don't know who they can really trust now and the enemy organisation isn't defeated (and in fact, they don't even know how big the organisation is).

So even though they were victorious, it was a hollow victory. All the stability they lost is almost like a main character dying. Things can't be the same again. But in the other films, everything kind of goes back to the way it was. Even changing the line-up of the Avengers team at the end of AoU doesn't really shake things up.
    Did anyone notice the writing on Fury's gravestone? Thought it was a nice little nod to his previous work

Yeah, that was a funny little easter egg :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Matthew McConaughey rumoured/courted for the rebooted Spider-Man film.

http://mcuexchange.com/rumor-matthew-mcconaughey-eyed-for-spider-man-villain/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I'm ****ing sick of Norman Osbourne and the like in the spiderman films. Plenty of other villians they could go for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

ricero wrote: »
    I'm ****ing sick of Norman Osbourne and the like in the spiderman films. Plenty of other villians they could go for.

This. Marvel have a chance to freshen up spiderman now that they have access to the character and his universe.

Also, I'd like if they worked in a little bit of an origin behind Spiderman's suit and web slingers original to the MCU by having him enter in a sh!tty homemade suit that a teenager would actually make and have some member of the avengers help him get a new one and also have Tony stark design him web slingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I also don't think McConaughey fits with the MCU to be honest.

I also don't think McConaughey fits with the MCU to be honest.

Same, bit humourless. More suited to the DC movies as long as they're sticking to the dark and gritty tone with the new movies.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Some of his recent characters have been humourless, I don't think that makes him humourless. He's been very funny in the past and can do action blockbusters just fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

How does confirming someone else's scoop work exactly? Most likely horse crap generated out of McConaughey recently saying he's read scripts for both DC and Marvel properties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Jon Bernthal has apparently been cast as Frank Castle, and will be appearing in season 2 of Daredevil. Good casting, methinks!

10394535_10155713059885427_8343607931915954775_n.jpg?oh=4b1885614ebd543584a5edf6c64acc10&oe=55EFE4E0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Dair76 wrote: »
    Frank Castle.... will be appearing in season 2 of Daredevil.

Oh yes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Dair76 wrote: »
    Jon Bernthal... Good casting, methinks!

Great casting, can't think of anybody better. We know he can do psychologically unhinged brutality as good as anybody else.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This is good news.

Isn't the punisher supposed to be one of the most violent/adult themed characters in the marvel universe? Will be interesting to see if they make season 2 rated 18s to accommodate him and also include f-bombs. Was honestly more hoping they would've given him his own show and just had it ultra violent

You don't need an 18s rating and a four letter word to do the Punisher justice, the level of violence in the first season of daredevil would be grand, in fact it was pretty ultra violent in places already.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

...and just had it ultra violent

How much more violent do you need than turning a mans head to pulp with a car door or somebody self-impaling themselves with a spike through the eye?

James74 wrote: »
    How much more violent do you need than turning a mans head to pulp with a car door or somebody self-impaling themselves with a spike through the eye?

Game of Thrones and Spartacus violent would be good, some of the punisher movies were on that level so I'd like to just see a show stick with that tone

Game of Thrones and Spartacus violent would be good, some of the punisher movies were on that level so I'd like to just see a show stick with that tone

Gratuitous violence is all well and good but I would much prefer a show that dealt with adult themes and issues and wasn't simply violence for the sake of it. The worst part of the whole HBO line of shows is that people now equate sex and violence with being adult.

• Advertisement

Gratuitous violence is all well and good but I would much prefer a show that dealt with adult themes and issues and wasn't simply violence for the sake of it. The worst part of the whole HBO line of shows is that people now equate sex and violence with being adult.

Daredevil's already proven itself to be capable of dealing with adult themes so season 2 will continue with that no doubt. Also, you know, it doesn't have to be one or the other, the writing is going to be done as well as they can possibly do it anyway but the violence would be decided on during filming and editing, as in they could choose to show a scene where someone's shot in the head or they could cut away right as it happens. That's what I'm talking about, just actually showing the violence which adds to the believability and attachment to the character and their death. Cutting away and not showing these things explicitly just doesn't deliver as much of an impact as including it.

For example, the scene where the guy impaled his head on a pole had so much impact on the viewer because it showed absolutely everything. I don't think you'd believe that scene would've been as good had it not included that but instead cut away and shown the aftermath from a different angle.

The MCU on the various Netflix regions

Updated for anyone wanting a full MCU binge before AoU.

Iron Man - Argentina, Colombia, Mexico, Norway, Sweden, Denmark &Finland.

The Incredible Hulk
    - Canada, New Zealand, Germany.

Iron Man 2
    - Ireland, UK, Norway, Sweden, Denmark & Finland.

Thor
    - Ireland & UK & most regions.

Captain America: The First Avenger - Ireland & UK.

The Avengers - Germany, Switzerland.

Iron Man 3 - Ireland & UK, Sweden, Norway & Denmark.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episodes 1 though 7- USA, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia & Mexico.

Thor: The Dark World - Netherlands.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episodes 8 though 16-USA, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia & Mexico.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Netherlands.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episodes 17 through 22 -USA, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia & Mexico.

Guardians of the Galaxy - Netherlands & Belgium.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 episodes 1 through 10 Season 2-USA

Marvel's Agent Carter Season 1 - Norway, Sweden, Denmark & Finland.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2 episodes 11 through 22 Season 2 USA

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 2 added

I thought this was pretty cool.

Iron-Man-armor-gif-06182015.gif

Wasn't Season One of Daredevil 18s? Surely Season 2 will be too, meaning it'll be the ideal home for the Punisher. I mean, Sense8 has more than proven that Netflix have no qualms with making a proper 18s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Wasn't Season One of Daredevil 18s? Surely Season 2 will be too, meaning it'll be the ideal home for the Punisher. I mean, Sense8 has more than proven that Netflix have no qualms with making a proper 18s.

I think it was 15

Daredevil was rated TV-MA.
    Here’s the description of the TV-MA rating in general:

This program is specifically designed to be viewed by adults and therefore may be unsuitable for children under 17. This program may contain one or more of the following: crude indecent language (L), explicit sexual activity (S), or graphic violence (V).

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I think it was 15

You're right! With the amount of violence, some gore, and the adult themes, I just assumed it was 18s.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Punisher will fit right in on the Daredevil show anyone that thinks otherwise only need look at the fella that voluntarily impales himself in episode 5 or 6 i think it was, Daredevil was well violent and was all the better for it

Oh and the fight with the hand ninja fella too that was graphic as hell when Murdock is getting ripped to bits

Not to mention
    Fisk exploding that dude's head in the car door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I watched The Raid double Bill last night and was thinking how awesome it would be if they had the fight chereographers from that on something like Daredevil

Advertisement