Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

The fight choreography was on par with the Raid (s). That corridor fight? Phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The fight choreography was on par with the Raid (s). That corridor fight? Phenomenal.

Don't get me wrong the fights were great but I don't think they were as good as The Raid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong the fights were great but I don't think they were as good as The Raid.

100% this, what a crazy statement, let's not get ahead of ourselves here lol.

I've said a few times how I'd love to see the raid director and choreographers involved with some superhero characters fight scenes, the extra freedom they'd have creatively with super powers could result in some insane scenes.

The corridor fight scene was almost on par with the oldboy one though. The reason it's so impressive for a lot of people is because they had only a few days to plan and shoot it when shots like that, even on movies, usually get weeks of planning and rehearsals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Would love to see the scene from Civil War where Punisher finds
    Spidey in the alley way
    on screen in some movie.

The corridor fight also felt real there. From what I remember, they had to film that scene 7 or 8 times and used the last take, so the exhaustion they had towards the end was real.

• Advertisement

The corridor fight also felt real there. From what I remember, they had to film that scene 7 or 8 times and used the last take, so the exhaustion they had towards the end was real.

The thing about that though is that you also see how chereographed it is and where the hits don't land. Minor quibble though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

4643480-untitled-2.jpg
    Marvel announced that not only did they find a director for their next Spider-Man film, but they also found their new Peter Parker. Tom Holland will be playing the role of Peter Parker and Jon Watts, the director of "Cop Car" will be directing the film.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/tom-holland-will-play-spider-man-jon-watts-to-dire/1100-152687/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

That guy does not look 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,785 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

cloud493 wrote: »
    That guy does not look 19.

He looks like a kid.
    He is 5 foot 6 in height and will need to put on at least 2 stone of muscle for the role.

Spider-Child might be a more apt title...

All these Spider man films are getting tedious ,none of them are a patch on the mid nineties cartoon series.

He looks like a kid.
    He is 5 foot 6 in height and will need to put on at least 2 stone of muscle for the role.

Spider-Child might be a more apt title...

All these Spider man films are getting tedious ,none of them are a patch on the mid nineties cartoon series.

How long is it until they start filming? He's making an appearance in CA civil war first right?

With the help actors receive in Hollywood he actually probably could gain about two stone over a year so it would be great if he was appearing in CA civil war first and first appeared as a truly skinny, awkward and amateur teenage superhero and then the actor started lifting in the time between that movie and his individual spiderman movie so we can see a noticeable change in him over the time.

Posted it before as well but it'd be cool if he started out in a terrible homemade spiderman outfit and also couldn't shoot webs yet then stark helped him make a new suit and also helped him make his web slingers. Or captain America, whichever one of the two is gonna have spiderman on their side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

He looks like a kid.

Isn't that kind of the point? To make the character appear closer in age to his traditional age in the comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,785 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Isn't that kind of the point? To make the character appear closer in age to his traditional age in the comics.

Kind of yeah but Peter Parker is 5ft 10 and 12 stone in the comics .

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Posted this in the Captain America: Civil War thread, Spider-Man confirmed for the film.

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/24/spider-man-confirmed-for-captain-america-civil-war/

William Hurt has spoken about playing Ross in CW; sounds to me like they're retconning Incredible Hulk (am I using that term right?)
    I loved playing Ross the first time because I was able to try and create an ego as big as the monster he was chasing. And one that was as warped too. [Ross in Civil War] is different because it's a different style. It's a more modernized style. And what they've done is they've taken a character who was the Ross from the older film and made a new version. This is a much newer Ross. A much different Ross.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

FunLover18 wrote: »
    William Hurt has spoken about playing Ross in CW; sounds to me like they're retconning Incredible Hulk (am I using that term right?)

Could be that he's changed as a person over the years since the events in IH. If they were properly retconning him I'd say they'd bring in another actor or just write in a different character.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

4643480-untitled-2.jpg
    Marvel announced that not only did they find a director for their next Spider-Man film, but they also found their new Peter Parker. Tom Holland will be playing the role of Peter Parker and Jon Watts, the director of "Cop Car" will be directing the film.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/tom-holland-will-play-spider-man-jon-watts-to-dire/1100-152687/

That picture is from 2-3 years ago. According to this—

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2015/6/23/an-inside-look-into-tom-hollands-spider-man-casting

—he's 5'7", slightly shorter than RDJ, which was apparently a factor in him winning the role over 6' Asia Butterfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Some instagram videos of Tom Holland doing some stunts
    http://www.slashfilm.com/new-spider-man-moves/

Ant man has been reviewing well. Good third act apparently, described as Marvel's Ocean Eleven.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

cloud493 wrote: »
    Ant man has been reviewing well. Good third act apparently, described as Marvel's Ocean Eleven.

I hate that ****
    "This years something that was last year"
    "Generic action movie meets forgettable rom com" etc

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 3 of AoS will feature Secret Warriors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ant-Man is supposed to have two huge post credit scenes.

Ant-Man is supposed to have two huge post credit scenes.

One of them is
    spider-man
    according to someone on twitter. No idea about the other.

Alleged post credits scenes (huge spoilers so look at your own risk)
    The first mid credits scene:Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) gives the WASP costume with wings to Hope Van Dyne (Evangeline Lilly). Hank explains to Hope what happened to Hope's mother Janet Van Dyne.

Final credits scene: The scene has Captain America, The Falcon, and The Winter Soldier. Cap and Falcon have located The Winter Soldier to a remote location where The Winter Soldier is tied up.

Falcon asks Cap "Should I call Stark?"

Cap replies "No."

Falcon replies "I know who to call." Implying Ant-Man.

In case you didn't know, Falcon is in Ant-Man in a few key scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Wait, when is Ant Man released?

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Wait, when is Ant Man released?

Next month...Google the release date

Next month...Google the release date

17th July. Would that have been so hard to do without being an arse about it?

17th July. Would that have been so hard to do without being an arse about it?

I didn't know the exact date myself and am on a sh!t phone atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I only asked because I thought it's a fair bit early for reviews to be leaking.

Critics screenings were this week, so spoilers galore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Traditionally, post-credit stings are removed from press screenings so I'm not sure how credible these rumours are.

Advertisement