Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If done right this could be an amazing trill ride of a season.
    The second season is being described by showrunner Marco Ramirez as “Daredevil vs. the Punisher.”

http://deadline.com/2015/06/daredevil-season-2-is-daredevil-vs-punisher-1201458825/

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

James Gunn has confirmed Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 as the official title to Guardians of the Galaxy’s sequel.

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/29/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-title-officially-confirmed-by-james-gu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Will GoTG characters show up in the next avengers movies? Will be absolutely crazy if all or at least some of the characters from that and the different TV shows are in them, will really make the feeling of the shared universe pay off for fans who watch everything

Will GoTG characters show up in the next avengers movies? Will be absolutely crazy if all or at least some of the characters from that and the different TV shows are in them, will really make the feeling of the shared universe pay off for fans who watch everything

They'd do a much better job of showcasing the shared universe if the various characters started popping up in each others stand alone films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well they already have sure. Hawkeye is in Thor, Stark is in Hulk, Starks dad and peggy was in Captain America, War Machine is obviously in Iron man 2 and 3, Falcon and Black widow are in Winter Soldier, black widow is also in iron man 2.

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    Well they already have sure. Hawkeye is in Thor, Stark is in Hulk, Starks dad and peggy was in Captain America, War Machine is obviously in Iron man 2 and 3, Falcon and Black widow are in Winter Soldier, black widow is also in iron man 2.

They pop up now and again but are strangely absent when anything of note occurs. If they really want to show that it's a shared universe then we really need to see characters show up when the shit hits the fan. Where was Captain America and the Hulk when the Mandarin was causing so much hassle in Iron Man 3. Where was Hulk when Shield helicarriers were going mad in Captain America 2? People keep making excuse for why they aren't around but if Marvel really want to sell the whole shared universe then we need things like that to happen.

Well I like this response from Feige

Isn’t there a problem in these individual movies of having these sort of global threats without anyone assuming that what you would do is call the Avengers rather than one person?

Kevin Feige: That’s a new issue, right? That’s a new problem of Phase II, and the way we treat it in this movie and a lot of the movies is not dissimilar to how they treat it in the comics. Which is to say they’re either busy somewhere else — we know Thor is on another planet. But also, having the events happen very quickly in a way that there wasn’t time for the other characters or entities to get involved. And Shane has said recently, you know without giving too much away, the element of the government that would have reached out to S.H.I.E.L.D. was in on the plan, so they kept that at bay. And Tony tells us very specifically in a message he leaves for Pepper, I’m basically going off the grid, I’m going off the radar to try and figure this out on the down low, which is why he doesn’t pick up a phone and call a helicarrier to fly over and help him out.

Well I like this response from Feige

What Feige really means is that we can't be bothered paying the expensive actors to pop up in one anothers films so lets just say that they are all busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

What Feige really means is that we can't be bothered paying the expensive actors to pop up in one anothers films so lets just say that they are all busy.
    It's better this way anyway I don't want 3 avengers films a year I enjoy exploring the individual charicters in between

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I enjoy the cameos from other characters in each other's films, but I agree that when I watch a Captain America film for example it's because I want to watch a film about him/his backstory/etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

What you really mean is that you're willing to believe there's a universe where there is a guy flying around in a iron suit, a super soldier who was frozen for decades, and a hulk yet can't fathom why they aren't always all at that exact point on earth where a given disaster is unfolding. Each can be easily explained and it's actually more far fetched to have other characters always happening to be where the action is (the when does jack bauer use the bathroom issue).

Take you issue with the Hulk not being there for IM3 or Cpt 2 when a) they were over quickly with little foreshadowing, b) he can't fly, c) each movie is at pains to point out how Banner avoids going 'code green', especially without something to bring him out of it.

You really do have a bee in your bonnet about this (after bringing it up on other threads), it's pretty silly. Looks like there'll be plenty of crossover in Civil War to keep you happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think some people will look for any excuse at this point to knock the super hero genre like using flashy wording in there minds such as super hero fatigue lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I just took it for granted that each Hero is sorting shizz out in their own cities/areas/worlds inbetween Avengers films. Like, we have 3 Iron Man films, and he's in Avengers too. I'm pretty sure that inbetween those films, and other stand alone films, Tony was flat out sorting out smaller issues which wouldn't make for a good movie.

I know it's not Marvel, but in a lot of the DC animated features/movies I've seen, they often refer to the fact that one superhero is one place, another is somewhere else, etc. I've haven't seen them do it so much with Marvel stuff.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    What you really mean is that you're willing to believe there's a universe where there is a guy flying around in a iron suit, a super soldier who was frozen for decades, and a hulk yet can't fathom why they aren't always all at that exact point on earth where a given disaster is unfolding. Each can be easily explained and it's actually more far fetched to have other characters always happening to be where the action is (the when does jack bauer use the bathroom issue).

Take you issue with the Hulk not being there for IM3 or Cpt 2 when a) they were over quickly with little foreshadowing, b) he can't fly, c) each movie is at pains to point out how Banner avoids going 'code green', especially without something to bring him out of it.

You really do have a bee in your bonnet about this (after bringing it up on other threads), it's pretty silly. Looks like there'll be plenty of crossover in Civil War to keep you happy.

Maybe it's just me but when a major city or the world is facing near disaster you'd expect more than one or two heroes to pop up and if the others are engaged elsewhere then all you need to have is a single line of dialogue saying so. Marvel want us to believe that the Avengers are a team who in times of crisis can come together quickly so as to save the day. As such it would make sense that when there's a major threat the Avengers would assemble and if they can't we get a reason why. Saying, "oh well the others were busy with something else" doesn't really wash when we have threats such as a major terrorism campaign in L.A. Though maybe all the various evil doers get together once a month to plan out their attacks so as to keep the various members occupied.

Is there a War Machine solo movie? Don Cheadle is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

There isn't one and AFAIK there aren't any plans for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

no but he should play a bigish role in civil war

The return to the MCU of....

The new Ant-Man trailer asks the big question that has been asked over the last few pages here.

Answer may or may not be in the film.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

That was pretty funny in fairness. Much better than the first trailer.

New ‘Spider-Man’ Will Be Like ‘A John Hughes Movie,’ Feature New Villain, Says Kevin Feige
    New details about the upcoming “Spider-Man” reboot continue to emerge.

In addition to the recent casting news that Tom Holland will play Peter Parker, Marvel honcho Kevin Feige has revealed that the new film will explore Spider-Man in a firmly high-school setting.

“Spider-Man will be a ‘John Hughes’ movie,” Feige said in an interview with SlashFilm.

He added that Spidey’s age will set him apart from other Marvel characters. “Some of my favorite Spider-Man arcs and Spider-Man stories, he’s in high school for a lot of it. We want to explore that. That also makes him very, very different from any of our other characters in the MCU, which is something else we want to explore: how unique he is when now put against all these other characters.”

In an interview with Collider, Feige elaborated on the idea of pitting Parker against the other superheroes. Holland read against Robert Downey, Jr. in a screen test, and reportedly held his own, which helped him cinch the part. “That was part of it,” Feige said. “When we’ll see that, I don’t know, but that was part of it.”

The Spidey reboot is likely to feature a comic-book villain who hasn’t been in any of the previous movies. “Right now we’re interested in seeing villains we haven’t seen before,” Feige told SlashFilm.

Feige also shared his rationale behind hiring Jon Watts to direct.

“We met with him four, five, or six times, and each time he had more and more interesting things to say,” Feige told Collider. “And at Marvel, it always comes down to ultimately, ‘We can make a movie with this person for two years, we could spend almost every day with this person for two years. Let’s go.'”

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/spider-man-john-hughes-kevin-feige-1201532872/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

warning: Spoilers so dont go bitching
    I cant remember if I read it here or elsewhere but it was rumoured that one post credit scene would be Falcon and Cap talking and Cap reluctant to call Iron Man before Falcon tells him he knows a guy. One of the TV spots shows Falcon in Ant-Man in the same uniform he had from Avengers: Age of Ultron and that he is investigating one of Scott Langs thefts. This would make that leaked post credit scene seem to be canon.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Spoilers relating to what?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Spoilers relating to what?

Ant-Man Post Credits scene.

I told one for the team.

Post credits for ant man that were already posted last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Post credits for ant man that were already posted last week.

Hey I've learned people can be very sensitive here when it comes to spoilers so its easier to be careful to avoid the bitchfest. Couldnt remember where I'd read them. Besides they were only rumoured iirc (akin to the supposed Spiderman PCS from AoU) but that TV Spot solidifies it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Marisa Tomei to play Aunt May in new Spider-man movie
    http://variety.com/2015/film/news/marisa-tomei-spider-man-1201536080/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

It's going to feel so wrong being sexually attracted to Aunt May.

Advertisement