Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Marisa Tomei to play Aunt May in new Spider-man movie

Interesting younger take (I always wondered why Peter's aunt was so old), she's an excellent actress. At least we won't be getting an Uncle Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Interesting younger take (I always wondered why Peter's aunt was so old), she's an excellent actress. At least we won't be getting an Uncle Ben.

Instead Aunt May, who's a stripper will fall for Crusher Hogan played by Mickey Rourke.

Also that last page is probably the worst use of spoilers on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Instead Aunt May, who's a stripper will fall for Crusher Hogan played by Mickey Rourke.

Also that last page is probably the worst use of spoilers on boards.

Dont use spoilers ye bitch, use spoilers ye bitch.

Is it really so hard for you to comprehend that there are some people who prefer not seeing spoilers about certain things?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Or how about simply labelling your spoilers so people know exactly what it is you're spoiling. This is a thread for the entire MCU, you could be posting a spoiler for any film in the series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wesley Snipes: 'I've met with Marvel over Blade return'

DEADLINE: Well, will you be bringing the vampire hunter back?

Snipes;
    The project is controlled by Marvel and we did have a really productive and a wonderful meeting and we discussed a number of things. I don’t know where it’s on their schedule at this point, that hasn’t been decided. I guess it’s still up in the air.

When asked if the character might be introduced in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Snipes commented:
    "That's a possibility, too.

"I've always been a fan of these pieces and adaptations, and it'd be nice to be a part of the family again. But if we don't do a Blade 4 or something else with Marvel, we'll do something else."

http://deadline.com/2015/07/wesley-snipes-blade-comic-con-interview-blade-the-player-1201472733/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Gotta be fan made.
    I couldn't see them introducing spidey in the extremis powered suit before establishing his regular abilities.

horgan_p wrote: »
    Gotta be fan made.
    I couldn't see them introducing spidey in the extremis powered suit before establishing his regular abilities.

They were.

But with Comic Con this weekend I was sure. I'll put them back up because they are pretty cool if for Fan Made fakes.

Spiderman.jpg

CapM.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Spoiler for ant man end credits and civil war
    apparently the end credits scene for ant man with Captain America and the Falcon is from civil war, we just don't know where in the film yet. Pretty cool

• Advertisement

Is that a verified account

Not that I can tell. There's no insignia to suggest as such.

I followed it from a link on The Nerdist website.

Wondering what Spider-Man’s new suit will look like when the character makes his Marvel Cinematic Universe debut in next year’s Captain America: Civil War? Several clues may have arrived via Twitter. Birth, Movies, Death points out that “mysterious photos, close-ups and out of context imagery” have suddenly appeared on @Russo_Brothers, which looks to be a legitimate account assigned to the film’s directors, since it’s watched by Marvel casting honcho Jason Stamey and Ryan Stankevitch, VP of Global Marketing for Disney

http://nerdist.com/movie-morsels-possible-first-look-at-spider-man-in-captain-america-civil-war-more/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

My first thought was that it looks like the Spiderman 2099 costume :eek:

Rachel McAdams Confirms ‘Doctor Strange’ Rumors

http://www.slashfilm.com/rachel-mcadams-in-doctor-strange/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭brevity

Jason Biggs?!

Hugh Laurie would be very good as JJJ IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

I get the same feeling for Biggs' casting as I did for Topher Grace's in Spider-Man 3. In other words, ugh.

I'd have preferred JK Simmons returning as Jameson, but can understand why they want someone different. And yeah, Laurie could be a very good choice.

• Advertisement

So basically JJ House?
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

So basically JJ House?

Not sure are you saying that as a bad thing or a good thing... either way, I think he'd be great in the role.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Not sure are you saying that as a bad thing or a good thing... either way, I think he'd be great in the role.

Edited for your viewing pleasure

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

So basically JJ House?
    :)

Could be JJ Wooster...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Or Prince George; Tally-ho, Spider-Man! You look has happy as a man who thought a cat had done his business on his pie, but it turned out to be an extra big blackberry!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hugh Laurie will always be either Bertie Wooster or the Prince of Wales / Lieutenant George in my mind, I've never been able to take his more serious roles ... well, seriously. A mental block on my part, but a very strong one given his fantastic previous roles in comedy.

His fake American accent is also something of a blocker: I've no idea what Americans make of it but knowing how Laurie usually sounds his Dr. House voice always come across very 'yee-haw, gosh darn', as it were.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

pixelburp wrote: »
    His fake American accent is also something of a blocker: I've no idea what Americans make of it

Executive producer Bryan Singer liked Laurie's audition tape for House, and didn't realize the accent was faked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Dair76 wrote: »
    I'd have preferred JK Simmons returning as Jameson, but can understand why they want someone different. And yeah, Laurie could be a very good choice.

JK Simmons as Jameson is one of my all time favourite casting decisions, he was just great. I think he'd be hard to beat but I'm interested to see how Laurie would get on in the role, he does a good annoyed glare. :D

I don't think we'll get the same shouty Jameson that JK gave us (at least I hope not) probably more House like snarky and cynical and more dry. I'll watch Laurie in anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Isn't Spidey going to be too young to have to deal with JJ?

I call sh1t, but Biggs as Scorpion is so random it's probably true.

Advertisement