Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

If he's just selling the photos, surely theres no age on it.

I have zero interest in another Spiderman film but if they get Billy Zane involved I'll be first in line.

I have zero interest in another Spiderman film but if they get Billy Zane involved I'll be first in line.

Billy Zane isn't in enough things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Billy Zane isn't in enough things.

Does Kelly Brook count?

• Advertisement

Whats with the Channing Tatum "closes deal" lingo ??? Its almost like his PR team are trying to get him out of his stripper Bimbo persona and make him look like a business man.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Why do they persist with the annoying Spiderman villians? Why Scorpian, Octo, Vulture, Sandman, etc? They're very garish and hard to convert into the MCU imo.

Why not go for Venom, or Carnage, or Kingpin? A little more sinister and dread filled.

In fairness I did really enjoy their version of Electro, in terms of design and costume etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

.ak wrote: »
    Why do they persist with the annoying Spiderman villians? Why Scorpian, Octo, Vulture, Sandman, etc? They're very garish and hard to convert into the MCU imo.

Why not go for Venom, or Carnage, or Kingpin? A little more sinister and dread filled.

In fairness I did really enjoy their version of Electro, in terms of design and costume etc.

That's like uh, your opinion, man :) In 5 Spiderman movies, we've gotten a good selection of villains (9 in total I think). They've already done Venom too.

Beside, this is the first introduction of Spiderman to the MCU. Taken on its own it's a clean sheet and at least Scorpian & Vulture haven't been done in the other incarnations of Spiderman. Scorpian & Vulture would fit nicely with the little arms war in the MCU too btw.

Picking those two villains has ticked two boxes 1) Fresh villains never seen on the big screen before 2) They have great potential to fit into the MCU.

I'd really love to see Venom/Carnage done properly. Hopefully we'll see that in the sequels. I imagine we'll be getting Green Goblin again too at some point. As much as he's been done to death, he's a major Spiderman villain.

As for Kingpin, they already have him in DareDevil. It'd be interesting to see him in a Spidey movie but I reckon he'll remain small time in the MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Bacchus wrote: »
    That's like uh, your opinion, man :) In 5 Spiderman movies, we've gotten a good selection of villains (9 in total I think). They've already done Venom too.

Beside, this is the first introduction of Spiderman to the MCU. Taken on its own it's a clean sheet and at least Scorpian & Vulture haven't been done in the other incarnations of Spiderman. Scorpian & Vulture would fit nicely with the little arms war in the MCU too btw.

Picking those two villains has ticked two boxes 1) Fresh villains never seen on the big screen before 2) They have great potential to fit into the MCU.

I'd really love to see Venom/Carnage done properly. Hopefully we'll see that in the sequels. I imagine we'll be getting Green Goblin again too at some point. As much as he's been done to death, he's a major Spiderman villain.

As for Kingpin, they already have him in DareDevil. It'd be interesting to see him in a Spidey movie but I reckon he'll remain small time in the MCU.

I'd love to see them work Kingpin into the film and then we could have daredevil on the big screen too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

They have NOT done Venom or Symbiote spidey for that matter. Actually Spidey 3 never even happened!!

It would be class if they implemented the same Kingpin from DD. Have Spidey cleaning up organised crime before introducing the Symbiote, Venom, Carnage story lines.

• Advertisement

We're more likely to see daredevil show up in spider-man than the other way round right?

cloud493 wrote: »
    We're more likely to see daredevil show up in spider-man than the other way round right?

Based on the budget that would be required to do Spidey right, I doubt he'll feature in DareDevil unless it was some small cameo or as Peter Parker. It would be cool though to get him linked in somehow to the DareDevil show.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing how DareDevil links in with Civil War.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd love a Kraven the Hunter especially given all the fury going around at the moment about people hunting wild animals over in africa plus Kravens Last Hunt is one of the best Spiderman stories ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

venom and carnage really need to be a trilogy don't they ? first film Black Spider man the second Spidey versus Venom and the third Spidey and Venom team up against Carnage.

Fresh villains we haven't seen before and simple villains no take over the world maybe take over the neighborhood people like Black Fox or The Prowler, Mysterio would be a favourite of mine. Hammerhead, Slivermane and Tombstone would be a good mix aswell

Surely you mean Black Cat ? Never heard of Black Fox ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Surely you mean Black Cat ? Never heard of Black Fox ?

Mid 80s till Early 90s villain

The_Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_304_004.jpg

Awesome never even heard of him and i thought i knew it all lol consider me schooled

• Registered Users Posts: 82,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

featurette for fantastic 4 on youtube

Fox and Marvel may have settled out a way to explain non-MCU marvel movies, even potentially a way to bridge new Fox movies into the MCU if so desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Some initial reviews of the Fantastic 4 are out....
    After battling months of bad buzz, "Fantastic Four" emerges as a wounded animal of a superhero movie, only rarely showing flashes of the darker, more emotional breed of Marvel film it's trying to be.

you can read more for yourself..
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fantastic_four_2015/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Some initial reviews of the Fantastic 4 are out....
    After battling months of bad buzz, "Fantastic Four" emerges as a wounded animal of a superhero movie, only rarely showing flashes of the darker, more emotional breed of Marvel film it's trying to be.

you can read more for yourself..
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fantastic_four_2015/

Suprised tbh, I thought this was going to a sleeper hit that rallied against the initial wave of negativity.

• Advertisement

I seen it last night on the cineworld unlimited screening, and it ain't good.

Ouchies

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

With any luck, Marvel will get to take over the characters again. Can't see them going for a sequel or another reboot if this is as bad as people are saying it is. Can't even see Marvel offering the same deal they got Spider-Man with, as FF aren't as popular as Spider-Man.

Bad Horse wrote: »
    With any luck, Marvel will get to take over the characters again. Can't see them going for a sequel or another reboot if this is as bad as people are saying it is. Can't even see Marvel offering the same deal they got Spider-Man with, as FF aren't as popular as Spider-Man.

I'd like Fox to get the chance to do a sequel, from all indications Josh Trank was an utter train-wreck and way out of his depth throughout production. They need to get in a seasoned director used to working with hundreds of millions, love to see someone like David Fincher or Neveldine/Taylor brought in and just allowed to do their own thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I don't think the Fantastic Four are good enough characters anyways to even warrant getting their own films, never mind 3 of them.

Depending on how this films performs, could this be the end of them?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Should this really be in the general Marvel thread? There's a perfectly good thread for Fantastic 4, and always figured this one was more for ongoing misc. developments and news; feels like the conversation might get a little fragmented.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maybe it's time for a Fox/Marvel Universe thread to go with this one and the DCU one.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Maybe it's time for a Fox/Marvel Universe thread to go with this one and the DCU one.

Or just talk about Deadpool, X-men:Apocalypse & FF in their already existing threads.

FF talk doesn't belong in the MCU thread anyway.

A X-Men/FF/Deadpool thread doesn't make sense either cause they are not in a shared universe. They are all standalone movies/franchises with their own threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Bacchus wrote: »
    FF talk doesn't belong in the MCU thread anyway.
    It did from the theory of alternate dimensions, but anyway apparently not if people have seen it and that wasn't hinted at.

Advertisement