Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Some initial reviews of the Fantastic 4 are out....
    After battling months of bad buzz, "Fantastic Four" emerges as a wounded animal of a superhero movie, only rarely showing flashes of the darker, more emotional breed of Marvel film it's trying to be.

you can read more for yourself..
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/fantastic_four_2015/

Those reviews kicked the Fantastic Four around more than Doctor Doom ever has :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 junglyparty

I wouldn't be that disappointed if they never made another Marvel film again. They're all utterly forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I wouldn't be that disappointed if they never made another Marvel film again. They're all utterly forgettable.

The you're in the completely wrong thread. Many here, i am sure will agree, that the Marvel films are fantastic. Their latest, Antman, was just perfect in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

FF has nothing to do with the MCU or what Marvel are doing. The box office performance of this will not affect Marvel's plans which already extend for the next 5 years.

FF talk this way
    >>>>> The Fantastic Four (Reboot)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Only 13 posts must be a troll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 junglyparty

Nah I just don't like comic book films generally speaking. Its the same thing over and over at this stage. Another reboot for more $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Nah probably doesnt understand how the film verses work.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Nah I just don't like comic book films generally speaking. Its the same thing over and over at this stage. Another reboot for more $$$

That's fair enough if you don't like the movies. But it's the differences between the films that I enjoy, not the similarities. By their very nature, they will have a lot of similarities. They have to, as they're all appealing to the same crowd each time.

And I don't see why "reboot" seems to be such a dirty word. As they say, just because you go back to the well doesn't mean you can't draw fresh water.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

If you don't like comicbook films, coming into a comicbook film thread, just to announce to all that you don't like comicbook films seems a bit ... silly. Don't like them? Don't go see them, ignore the threads: I guarantee they'll go out of fashion eventually and we can all move onto the next genre / trend Hollywood latches onto. Westerns? Disaster films? Blockbusters shot entirely in portrait ratio?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It's just a poor attempt at derailing the thread , As others have said you don't like them thats perfectly fine , But there are plenty that do enjoy them and the speculation , hype etc that go along with them so don't come in here pissing on our cornflakes

We don't do it to you

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Can we stay on topic and take the comic book films suck discussion to new thread please, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm trying to think up when we might reasonably expect the first civil war trailer, considering we already got a teeny bit of footage. Maybe October or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm trying to think up when we might reasonably expect the first civil war trailer, considering we already got a teeny bit of footage. Maybe October or so.

I'd say we might get the first trailer for Civil War around November/December...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Lithium93_ wrote:
    I'd say we might get the first trailer for Civil War around November/December...

Surely it will be with Star Wars, they're both owned by Disney .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Maybe before the new Star Wars? Both Disney films now.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Maybe before the new Star Wars? Both Disney films now.

Oh aye yeah. Kinda obvious now its said. Now I have to see star wars :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fox negotiating with Marvel to bring the X-Men to TV.
    Fox Television Group Chairman and CEO Dana Walden said at the event, “We’re in negotiations with Marvel [and] we’re hopeful that we’ll be able to announce something soon. We’re not closed on a deal yet, but it’s something we’re definitely pursuing.”

http://nerdist.com/fox-marvel-x-men-tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Fox negotiating with Marvel to bring the X-Men to TV.

http://nerdist.com/fox-marvel-x-men-tv/

That is nothing to do with Marvel Cinematic Universe

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

McLoughlin wrote: »
    That is nothing to do with Marvel Cinematic Universe

It very much could if Marvel play hardball with Fox over rights.

They may give Fox the rights to make a series but they may also insist that the term Mutant be no exclusive to Fox and can be used in the MCU as part of the deal.

There are plenty of issues and crossovers that deals could be made like those made with Sony that could involve the MCU

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

plus doesnt marvel now want to do TV shows of their characters to get the "origin" out of the way before launching their movies ala Daredevil ?

this could be a back door to get the xmen into the MCU which'd be ok by me.

• Advertisement

I don't want them in wider universe. They are too diverse within their own sphere

Its not out of the realm of possibility we could see a deal, rights to stuff like FF characters and villains, in exchange for X-Men tv rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

cloud493 wrote: »
    Its not out of the realm of possibility we could see a deal, rights to stuff like FF characters and villains, in exchange for X-Men tv rights?

I'd throw in Wolverine/Hugh Jackman for an appearance in next Avengers film.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I'd throw in Wolverine/Hugh Jackman for an appearance in next Avengers film.

Wolverine, maybe, but Hugh is only going to star in X-Men Apocalypse and won't be playing Wolverine again. So, if they are in a deal to make an X-Men TV show, it could very well be a plan to introduce a new Wolverine. Here's hoping, because X-Men without Wolverine would just not work, he needs to be in it. Even if the show was to focus on the secondary mutants of X-Men, he would still necessitate an appearance at some stage.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd rather Fox keep X-Men, the last few films have been really good, better than most Marvel movies really.

+1 to keeping the X-Men out of the MCU. It would just become a continuity nightmare if suddenly mutants came on the scene.

I'm happy to see Spiderman join the MCU and wouldn't mind seeing how the FF would work in that universe (I think they'd fit quite well and bring some good baddies with them) but keeping the X-Men in a separate universe is the best for everyone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The xmen universe is all the better for not having the other Marvel heroes in it. It would almost immediately lose its voice, uniqueness and vision if it suddenly had to retcon in Captain America and co.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Wolverine, maybe, but Hugh is only going to star in X-Men Apocalypse and won't be playing Wolverine again. So, if they are in a deal to make an X-Men TV show, it could very well be a plan to introduce a new Wolverine. Here's hoping, because X-Men without Wolverine would just not work, he needs to be in it. Even if the show was to focus on the secondary mutants of X-Men, he would still necessitate an appearance at some stage.

I thought First Class worked fine without him(cameo aside).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Bacchus wrote: »
    I'm happy to see Spiderman join the MCU and wouldn't mind seeing how the FF would work in that universe (I think they'd fit quite well and bring some good baddies with them) but keeping the X-Men in a separate universe is the best for everyone.

I want Spider-Man/Human Torch. :(

The FF as the celebrity superheroes in the MCU would be so easy. Apart from the task of convincing the audience that Reed Richards is kewler than any of the Avengers.

• Advertisement

Ridley wrote: »
    I want Spider-Man/Human Torch. :(

The FF as the celebrity superheroes in the MCU would be so easy. Apart from the task of convincing the audience that Reed Richards is kewler than any of the Avengers.

Agreed, much like the Hulk faced problems going solo, I think the FF just won't work (based on the previous movies and reports on the new one) on their own either. They need to be part of a bigger world where superheroes are common.

It'd actually be great if this tanked and as a result Fox handed the rights back to Marvel like Sony did with Spidey.

Advertisement