Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Wolverine, maybe, but Hugh is only going to star in X-Men Apocalypse and won't be playing Wolverine again.

He will be in one more standalone Wolverine film.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Werner Herzog Directed Ant-Man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

FF would be easy to write into the MCU as i now , Reed a super scientist upon seeing the Aliens in new york decides to concentrate his work on finding out where they came from , he and Victor (college roomates) race to be the 1st to crack the cosmic portal , they both do it and screw up and end up in the Negative zone (getting there powers) bang bobs you're uncle you've got the Fantastic Four in the MCU

I know its obviously going to more complicated but that could easily work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Ideally the FF rights will revert back to Marvel just as the current batch of Avengers are getting too old or nearing end of contracts. FF can take over for a while before the eventual reboot. Anyone know how long before rights go back, I don't see Trank's film getting a sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Reports already on comicbookmovie.com that Fox are already considering cancelling FF 2 and putting Deadpool 2 in that release date instead

• Advertisement

Avengers: The Battle of New York - Real Fake History:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ABC Gives Mockingbird Series A Pilot Order

http://mcuexchange.com/abc-gives-mockingbird-series-a-pilot-order/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I am not a big fan of that character... Adrienne Palicki (or whatever her name is) is annoying...
    if they put Skye/Daisy in it a lot, I could be convinced about tuning in...

I actually think the writing/direction is the let down for the character. Quite like the actress

This has been popping up on lots of sites over the last few hours.

RUMOR: Marvel's New BLADE Movie Will Focus On The Daywalker's Daughter
    When we found out Marvel had regained the rights to the Blade character, excitement began to build about the possibility of seeing another movie or a TV series featuring the popular vampire-slayer. Wesley Snipes even hinted that he'd been having discussions with the studio about reprising the role, though in later interviews he seemed to play that down - maybe because he was told to?

Bleeding Cool has heard from a "well-connected source" that the Marvel higher-ups have begun to take notice of the popularity of the character, and see the potential in producing another big-screen outing... with one twist: the site also hears that it would be the new Blade, Fallon Grey, that the movie would focus on. In the new comic series Fallon's father is also a prominent character, so there's every chance Snipes really is in talks to return in more of a secondary, mentor-like capacity.

Nothing concrete for now, but what would you guys think if this came to pass? Any casting suggestions for Fallon? Sound off below.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=124384

• Advertisement

Slightly off topic, but could Agent Coulson change to Director Coulson :pac:

Just an idea...

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Slightly off topic, but could Agent Coulson change to Director Coulson

Isn't he already Director in Agents of SHIELD?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I'm guessing it's about the boards user named Agent Coulson

I'm guessing it's about the boards user named Agent Coulson

Ah ... right, that makes sense.

Big executive shake up.

Marvel Studios Cancels Creative Committee
    The shakeup at Marvel Studios continues, according to reports by industry insiders Heroic Hollywood and BirthMoviesDeath. Earlier this week, Disney confirmed that Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios, would no longer report to Isaac Perlmutter of Marvel Entertainment, instead going directly to Alan Horn, chief of Walt Disney Studios.

With the top-level disconnection from the rest of the Marvel family, it seems another change has followed, as the reports say the Creative Committee, a group of creators and Marvel Comics executives and alums, has been shut down, or at the very least has been removed from the film slate going forward. The Committee, including prominent comic book writer Brian Michael Bendis (who also frequently works in the TV animation and video game departments for Marvel), publisher Dan Buckley, and CCO Joe Quesada, may still have a say at Marvel TV, a side division of Marvel Studios run by (also former comic book writer) Jeph Loeb. Marvel TV had had much closer connections with the comic book side of things, from creators who have written episodes and back the other way with writers from TV coming to the comics.

So what does this all mean? Well, the Creative Committee was originally formed to keep the tone of the films close to the comic books. Creators who actively worked on those characters for years had a say in how they'd be portrayed on film, consulted for dialogue, plot points, and general issues of connections to Marvel Comics' long history of characters. After seven years and twelve films, the folks at Marvel Studios like Kevin Feige, Louis D'Esposito, and Victoria Alonso likely think they're well-equipped at this point to handle the creative decisions and keep the tone clear across the board. The official dissolution of the Committee doesn't mean Marvel Studios can't or won't ever go to anyone at Marvel Comics, either, of course.

Ultimately, this means that Marvel Studios going forward is as independent an entity from Marvel Comics as it can be without losing the shared first part of their names. That in turn means that Phase 3 of their films will be, in a way, a new first wave, and a test of how the newly independent studio will handle these billion dollar properties going forward.

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/02/reports-marvel-studios-cancels-creative-committee/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Big executive shake up.

Marvel Studios Cancels Creative Committee

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/02/reports-marvel-studios-cancels-creative-committee/

Very interesting development. Not that he wasn't before, but Kevin Feige looks like he is the real world version of The Beyonder as far as Marvel is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Rumor MISSION IMPOSSIBLE Star Rebecca Ferguson Being Eyed For CAPTAIN MARVEL
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/rumor-marvel-studios-may-be-eyeing-rebecca-ferguson-for-captain-marvel-lead

Good, better than non acting MMA stars being eyed up.

Good, better than non acting MMA stars being eyed up.

While I think that Ferguson would be a great choice it's worth remembering that David Bautista was a non acting MMA star and he was a stand out in GotG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

FunLover18 wrote: »
    While I think that Ferguson would be a great choice it's worth remembering that David Bautista was a non acting MMA star and he was a stand out in GotG.

He wasn't.

FunLover18 wrote: »

WWE and he had a role that called for a particular type of performance. Carol Danvers will call for a much more rounded actor in the role

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

Carol Danvers will call for a much more rounder actor in the role

My OH is fairly round...

pah wrote: »
    My OH is fairly round...

Stupid autocorrect, silly user

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Wonder will they go with the whole Kree blood/explosion thing in her origin story or do you think they will somehow integrate it with Agents of Shield?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not sure if posted before, but an official guide to the Infinity Stones (7½ minute video)

http://www.wired.com/2015/09/infinity-stones-video-guide/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Not been mentioned here yet, Jessica Jones drops all episodes onto Netflix on the 20th of November, teaser trailer which shows a possible Title sequence edit was released.

Was wondering, Will Tony continue to use the F.R.I.D.A.Y ai in his armour in the movies going forward after Jarvis was uploaded into Vision in Age Of Ultron..

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Watched Age of Ultron today, terrible film. The earlier Marvel movies like the first Iron Man were pretty good but these Avengers movies are awful. Ultron was basically the same storyline as the first, this time subbing Ultron for Loki as the 'funny' baddie and loads of robots instead of loads of aliens.

The movie was just a series of ho-hum CGI action scenes interspersed with the characters being 'humourous'.

When you compare this Avengers movie to say Superman the movie, or Tim Burton's Batman, you see how risible these latest Marvel movies are.

• Advertisement

Wedwood wrote: »
    Watched Age of Ultron today, terrible film. The earlier Marvel movies like the first Iron Man were pretty good but these Avengers movies are awful. Ultron was basically the same storyline as the first, this time subbing Ultron for Loki as the 'funny' baddie and loads of robots instead of loads of aliens.

The movie was just a series of ho-hum CGI action scenes interspersed with the characters being 'humourous'.

When you compare this Avengers movie to say Superman the movie, or Tim Burton's Batman, you see how risible these latest Marvel movies are.

Don't like, don't watch them, simples :pac:

Advertisement