Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Apparently the INHUMANS movie is still a go, contrary to the link i posted a few posts up..

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/marvel-is-indeed-still-releasing-inhumans-to-theaters-in-2019

Id guess Black Bolt, the royal family and Attilan are off-limits

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Marvel starting a public campaign to get the term mutant back I wonder.

Clark Gregg on whether Agents of SHIELD will ever encounter mutants
    “We’d like to talk to some mutants, but they’re in a terrifying realm,” Gregg said, to mass applause from the audience. “I grew up reading comics about mutants on the subway, but they’re in this terrifying copyright zone. Maybe someday we’ll live in a peaceful world where all fandoms can interact.”

Loeb quickly stressed that these were “solely the opinions of your friend Clark.” Because unfortunately for completist Marvel fans, the movie rights to the X-Men (and all their characters and concepts) are still held by Fox. Long a Sony property, Spider-Man is joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but with X-Men: Apocalypse on the horizon, Fox appears poised to continue making enough X-Men movies to retain the rights for the foreseeable future.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/09/nycc-agents-of-shield-panel-clark-gregg

Or maybe future co-productions with Fox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Fox have really clicked with the X Men franchise so I'm happy to see it stay where it is. Having said that though, if Fox is really planning a TV series they could do worse than consult whoever works on Daredevil.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sphynxinatron

I really hope that for phase 3 Thanos will be a well developed villain. It would be disapointing if he gets the Ultron treatment and starts making jokes. Also, after Thanos, who would be a worthy phase 4 villain?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Also, after Thanos, who would be a worthy phase 4 villain?

I'd love to see them do a Dark Avengers storyline, and with the Spider-Man rights somewhat back under the fold, it could be led by Norman Osborne. Would also mean that the Avengers won't have to fight a huge number of drone enemies, it'd be similar to what Civil War will be, with team of superpowers v team of superpowers.

• Advertisement

Daredevil season 2 teaser

https://twitter.com/CosmicForward/status/653585594690351105?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Edit; Disney/Marvel issued takedown.

Expect it to drop soon on the official accounts.

Edit second go at it.

https://twitter.com/lmNotAutistic/status/653603240651546624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Had just read a similar article recently, and it mentioned that there will be a third planet featuring in Ragnarok (after Earth and Asgard), but went on to say that it might lead to a Hulk film (something from the comics, i can't remember), but i immediately thought Titan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Penn wrote: »
    I'd love to see them do a Dark Avengers storyline, and with the Spider-Man rights somewhat back under the fold, it could be led by Norman Osborne. Would also mean that the Avengers won't have to fight a huge number of drone enemies, it'd be similar to what Civil War will be, with team of superpowers v team of superpowers.

In similar vein to this could do Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil. Daniel Bruhl is down to play him in Civil War, so would be interesting if they were using that as a set up for after Thanos.

Other than that, Dr Doom if they can get his rights back off Fox would be my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Series 3 in Ireland starts on Sunday at 19:15 on RTÉ 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The Hulk would be a decent bad guy, come on world war hulk and planet hulk!

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The Hulk would be a decent bad guy, come on world war hulk and planet hulk!

They have given Banner too much control so far

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

They have given Banner too much control so far

jesus i would love if they had the hulk properly lose control for an extended period

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

With the inhumans movie, do you think there will be a possibility that we will see Thane?

I'm struggling to see how without the silver surfer the avengers can defeat Thanos!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

cronin_j wrote: »
    With the inhumans movie, do you think there will be a possibility that we will see Thane?

I'm struggling to see how without the silver surfer the avengers can defeat Thanos!

I'm thinking Starlord's pops will fill that role whomever he his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Hulk as the bad guy after Thanos would be good, Plant hulk and World was hulk and all that, but they wouldn't make a film from it. The cartoon version sucked almighty and was different to the comics in every way.

Dr. Doom would be good, but he has been so much of a joke villian the last few FF outings.

Moon Knight

RUMOR: Marvel Is Developing A MOON KNIGHT Series For Netflix
    Is Marc Spector being lined up to join Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and co. on the small screen? That's the latest rumor, though we don't have many details. Netflix would seem like a much better fit for a character like Moon Knight than the MCU...

Not too much on this yet, so take it with the requisite grain of salt - but during a guest spot on Collider Heroes, Heroic Hollywood's El Mayimbe mentioned that Marvel was planning to develop a Moon Knight TV series for Netflix.

Marc Spector is often referred to as Marvel's version of Bruce Wayne (though obviously he's not as well-known as Batman), and also being a violent SOB on occasion, Netflix would seem to be the perfect place to showcase this character. Skip to around the 10:00 point in the video for the relevant conversation.

Marvel recently announced a new ongoing Moon Knight comic from Jeff Lemire and Greg Smallwood that seems to be putting a very interesting twist on Mr. Spector by making him a patient in an insane asylum - so that could influence the TV series if they're looking to try something a bit different with this. Then again, there's plenty of great source material out there already.

What do you guys think? We have heard rumblings of a Moon Knight TV show before so is this just speculation built on top of previous rumor, or do we finally have something solid?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=125900

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭pah

Moon Knight

RUMOR: Marvel Is Developing A MOON KNIGHT Series For Netflix

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=125900

Check out Max Landis pitch for a Moon Knight movie from 1:01:00 on.. round 5 which super hero deserves an r rated movie...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Somerumors starting to suface and float around that Fox go X Men TV Rights and Marvel/Disney got Fantastic Four which will be one of the 2020 films ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Somerumors starting to suface and float around that Fox go X Men TV Rights and Marvel/Disney got Fantastic Four which will be one of the 2020 films ...

Sounds like a good deal to me. As has been mentioned the MCU is crowded enough without all the X-Men barreling in and from what little I know and read of the FF tonally the MCU is a perfect match for them. If it is true I just hope that Marvel don't rush out a FF film for name recognition sake. If they have any sense they'll save them until Phase 4, maybe even 5, when the current batch, and even the upcoming batch (Panther and Strange etc) of Avengers are too old or reaching end of contracts. Also gives the public enough time to forget Trank's effort.

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Sounds like a good deal to me. As has been mentioned the MCU is crowded enough without all the X-Men barreling in and from what little I know and read of the FF tonally the MCU is a perfect match for them. If it is true I just hope that Marvel don't rush out a FF film for name recognition sake. If they have any sense they'll save them until Phase 4, maybe even 5, when the current batch, and even the upcoming batch (Panther and Strange etc) of Avengers are too old or reaching end of contracts. Also gives the public enough time to forget Trank's effort.

Im assuming this means they get the Silver Surfer back?

cronin_j wrote: »
    Im assuming this means they get the Silver Surfer back?

Also any argument ablout Beta Ray Bill??

Also any argument ablout Beta Ray Bill??

Was he part of the fox one in the first place? Would certainly be interesting to add him to Thors Ragnarok storyline given he hates Surtur

There was apparently some shenanigans from Fox yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Doesn't change a whole lot for Fantastic Four really, it will have to stand on it's own as a film as well without throwing them into other movies straight away. I was hopeful Trank could pull off a good movie and maybe he could have if left to his own devices. Leaving people to their own devices certainly isn't Marvels way so we'll have to see.

Great news. With the exception of Wolverine, Marvel really don't need the rights to any of the X-Men back. But having Fantastic Four back also brings back Doctor Doom, Galactus & Silver Surfer, which opens a whole range of possibilities for future films, and the FF themselves could help fill the hole left by whoever doesn't continue into Phase 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Good move for Fox aswell. cut out the deadwood and if they now have TV rights the can proceed with The Legion, Hellfire & X-Force shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I would like to see a live-action Fantastic Four series, but I suppose they're too big of characters to have on just ABC/Netflix.

I would like to see a live-action Fantastic Four series, but I suppose they're too big of characters to have on just ABC/Netflix.

I'd say it'd be more unlikely due to how much CGI would be involved, as all their powers are pretty CGI-heavy.

• Advertisement

Has anyone here read the comics? Especially the ones in relation to infinity wars?

Wondering now if its possible with the silver surfer back within their control and the Inhumans
    specifically the Agents of Shields version of the detonation of the terrigen bomb
    will they bring in Adam Warlock to thwart Thanos' attack on earth!
    The thing that's curious to me is that what is Thanos' motivation in the MCU to attack earth?! With the inhumans around they surely will have to use Thane his son as the reason?

Advertisement