Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Thor: Ragnarok To Begin Filming In June 2016 In Queensland

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/25/thor-ragnarok-to-begin-filming-in-june-2016-in-queensland/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

12065966_10205487222645381_2517702128489909297_n.jpg?oh=9faca92cf585ae8410904db193376e42&oe=56C8E5FA

Way too expensive... maybe possibly... god I want it.

Hell that looks amazing, what's the catch in terms of price + postage & delivery??

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Hell that looks amazing, what's the catch in terms of price + postage & delivery??

Pre order on amazon.com is 230 dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Ironfist is one of my favourite charactors :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Olivia Wilde has expressed an interest in playing Carol Danvers

cronin_j wrote: »
    Olivia Wilde has expressed an interest in playing Carol Danvers

Inverse of others mooted. She can act but is she badass enough, better option than most though so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Slydice wrote: »

Uhhhh those eyes. Seriously are they hypnotic or something

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Uhhhh those eyes. Seriously are they hypnotic or something

Probably lupus..

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

12065966_10205487222645381_2517702128489909297_n.jpg?oh=9faca92cf585ae8410904db193376e42&oe=56C8E5FA

Way too expensive... maybe possibly... god I want it.

See, as awesome and all as that is, i'm holding out for the Complete Collection when everything is over. It'll probably cost about €500, but it's bound to be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

See, as awesome and all as that is, i'm holding out for the Complete Collection when everything is over. It'll probably cost about €500, but it's bound to be epic.

You think this will end?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,687 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Bacchus wrote: »
    You think this will end?

Eventually they'll run out of all their best characters & villians and will likely reboot their entire universe.

Not soon, but if these movies keep making near the amount of money they currently do, a reboot is inevitable. Otherwise we'll end up with an Avengers team led by Squirrel Girl

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I hadn't realised they had started referring to Ms Marvel as Captain Marvel so I was seriously confused. Has Olivia Wilde been confirmed or is that a fan made image above?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I hadn't realised they had started referring to Ms Marvel as Captain Marvel so I was seriously confused. Has Olivia Wilde been confirmed or is that a fan made image above?

No thats fan made. Olivia Wild has just put herself out there like all the other for the role.

Captain Marvel was a Kree and Ms Marvel (Captain Danvers) is a human.

Captain Danvers got her powers in an explosion where some of Captain Marvel's DNA got into her and gave her powers. But id say they are just going to forget about that in the MCU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Penn wrote: »
    Eventually they'll run out of all their best characters & villians and will likely reboot their entire universe.

Not soon, but if these movies keep making near the amount of money they currently do, a reboot is inevitable. Otherwise we'll end up with an Avengers team led by Squirrel Girl
    Marvel Comics have just made her an Avenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Penn wrote: »

Squirrel Girl is one of Marvel's best characters. :mad:

RUMOR
    http://peeltheorange.net/2015/10/31/marvel-to-make-iron-fist-into-a-feature-film-for-netflix/
    Marvel will be turning Iron Fist into a Netflix exclusive feature film. This will give Marvel extra time and a larger budget for this project. The Punisher will replace Iron Fist as one of the four Defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,637 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There seems to be a rumor doing the rounds over the last few days that the Civil War trailer will be attached to Star Wars.

There seems to be a rumor doing the rounds over the last few days that the Civil War trailer will be attached to Star Wars.

Not that surprising really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't

I was going to see the new Star Wars anyway, but now with the Civil War trailer rumoured to be attached to it, Will definitely be going to see it now.. Hopefully cinemas in England will be open for a bit come Christmas Eve.

Mads Mikkelsen Reportedly Onboard For Doctor Strange Movie.

http://comicbook.com/2015/11/04/mads-mikkelsen-reportedly-onboard-for-doctor-strange-movie/

• Registered Users Posts: 60,637 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not surprised with RDJ's a bit shocked with the difference between the rest if they are in fact true.
    The salaries for Avengers: Age of Ultron have just been released

Robert Downey Jr. - $40 million
    Scarlett Johansson - $20 million
    Chris Evans - $6.9 million
    Jeremy Renner - $6.1 million
    Chris Hemsworth - $5.4 million
    Mark Ruffalo - $2.8 million

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/What-Marvel-Paid-Each-Major-Avenger-Age-Ultron-93117.html

Evans/Ruffalo earn that low? Thats mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Johannson must have some agent.

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Johannson must have some agent.

Not really. High profile before this, in early with Iron Man 2, good actress and owns the role (even if she wouldn't have been first choice for a lot of people)

I have more respect for those who have taken less than $10 million. Yes, good actors are in high demand, but €40 million for a role in a film is (and always has been in my book) way too much. I know he could charge whatever he wanted, but that's a crazy amount of money for someone who had just a little more screen time than Ruffalo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Not really. High profile before this, in early with Iron Man 2, good actress and owns the role (even if she wouldn't have been first choice for a lot of people)

She’s 3 to 4 times the pay of two actors who have both been leads in two movies in their own franchises, while she has only been support.

Outside of the agent angle, the only explanation I can think is Evans and Hemsworth have most of their pay frontloaded into their own franchises and the Avengers is seen as an add on for pay purposes.

I hope the guys write a strongly worded blog/letter about the inequality.

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote: »
    She’s 3 to 4 times the pay of two actors who have both been leads in two movies in their own franchises, while she has only been support.

It's more than that though. I can't imagine Evans and Ruffalo are in high demand, i'm sure agents realise that they're probably in the MCU for the long haul. Whereas Scarlett is in high demand, i'm sure with offers coming left, right and centre for her. She's not just a good actress, she's smoking hot, and combine them two and you have a person who can more or less demand how much she gets, and it's blatantly obvious now that she knows this, and that's why she got paid more than everyone (save for Bob D).

Advertisement