Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

With the release of the crystals in the water at the end of season 2
    , SHIELD and the ACTU are currently dealing with a massive number of inhumans appearing all over the world (remember the simulation they ran showing how much of the world would be touched) so I don’t think they have the resources to go after every strange report they receive. They seem to be focusing on those that are freaking out and using their powers to cause destruction on a large scale in public rather than minor street level stuff that may or may not involve powers which JJ/Daredevil/Cage are involved in (Caveat: I’m only a few episodes in to JJ).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Apparently we might get a civil war teaser from Jimmy Kimmel tonight, as RDJ and Chris Evans are gonna be on, and he's teasing something big.

12307483_474819459367790_5161697073560815794_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Is all this happening though around the time of Winter Soldier? Daredevil has only made reference to the incident in New York.
    Shield may be in disarray
    Both first seasons of Daredevil and Jessica Jones happen after AoS season 1, but before AoS season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Apparently we might get a civil war teaser from Jimmy Kimmel tonight, as RDJ and Chris Evans are gonna be on, and he's teasing something big.

12307483_474819459367790_5161697073560815794_o.jpg

Oh please, please let it be the trailer..

Both first seasons of Daredevil and Jessica Jones happen after AoS season 1, but before AoS season 2.

So Sheild is in freefall and no ACTU yet.

With Jessica previous
    incarnation as a hero
    (no real spoiler, she says as much herself) and Luke being
    an experiment
    they have Sheild files. DD is just a masked human have a go, as far as anyone's aware

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 60,637 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Epic

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Looks soooo good... Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

No Ant-Man in the trailer. Or maybe I just couldn't see him...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

macslash wrote: »
    No Ant-Man in the trailer. Or maybe I just couldn't see him...

i hear he only has a small part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Felt a bit underwhelmed by that. Civil War is my favourite Marvel story so I don't think it will ever live up to my expectation. I wish new Spiderman was already established for this film. I'm really hoping Dardevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage make an appearance. Still, cannot wait to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It doesn't look as....epic, as epic as it should. Didn't get much of a rivalry or nastiness aspect that should be in the Civil War storyline, it's like they didn't want to make either side look too bad to retain the hero status, that's just from one trailer of course. But it seemed more like a mild argument than a 'war'.

Corholio wrote: »
    It doesn't look as....epic, as epic as it should. Didn't get much of a rivalry or nastiness aspect that should be in the Civil War storyline, it's like they didn't want to make either side look too bad to retain the hero status, that's just from one trailer of course. But it seemed more like a mild argument than a 'war'.

Stark doesn't come across as the total nut job he becomes in the comic, so far

Marvel & Netflix's Iron Fist Lands Scott Buck as Showrunner
    http://comicbook.com/2015/12/02/marvel-netflixs-iron-fist-lands-scott-buck-as-showrunner/

Nice Six Feet Under & Dexter to his name hopefully nice and dark Iron Fist in the works.

Cate Blanchett In Talks for Marvel’s ‘Thor: Ragnarok’
    Oscar-winner Cate Blanchett may soon be joining the Marvel universe.

Sources tell Variety Blanchett is in talks to play one of the new female leads in Marvel’s “Thor: Ragnarok.” Marvel had no comment.

Blanchett, having just received SAG and Golden Globe nominations for “Carol,” would be making her first major comic book role in “Ragnarok.”

Taika Waiti in on board to direct the third “Thor” film with Chris Hemsworth returning to play the Norse God. Stephany Folsom recently polished the script.

Blanchett’s character in the superhero sequel isn’t known. “Ragnarok,” produced by Kevin Feige, will also feature Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk and the villainous Tom Hiddleston who plays Loki in “The Avengers” universe.

“Thor: Ragnarok” hits theaters on Nov. 3, 2017.
    http://variety.com/2015/film/news/cate-blanchett-thor-marvel-ragnarok-1201658846/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Amora, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

XMen Apocalypse Official Trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Mr E wrote: »
    XMen Apocalypse Official Trailer.

X men have nothing to do with Marvel Cinematic Universe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Should the Marvel Cinematic Universe be renamed the "Marvel Cinematic Spiderverse" or "Spider-man and friends" after the next set of Avengers films? Up until now the cinematic universe has been very Iron Man-centric, but with Marvel finally getting their flagship character back and into the mix he will be ousted from that role, where the central narrative of the universe will more than lightly default to Spider-man going forward. Will this be a good or a bad thing?

• Advertisement

Well we don't know how Tom Hollande is gonna play it yet. Its more than possible Downey will remain the face of the thing, least till he's gone.

Well we don't know how Tom Hollande is gonna play it yet. Its more than possible Downey will remain the face of the thing, least till he's gone.

Well going by the rumors he has a very pivotal role in Civil War despite being only drafted in, will also have a central role in the Avengers even if he's not the main guy by that point and will have 3 of his own films with probably more on the way too. I think it pretty clear the road Marvel are going down....Spider-man with a supporting cast

Well going by the rumors he has a very pivotal role in Civil War despite being only drafted in, will also have a central role in the Avengers even if he's not the main guy by that point with 3 of his own films on the way too. I think it pretty clear the road Marvel are going down....Spider-man with a supporting cast

Don't believe everything you read on the internet, also it's a bit of a stretch saying Holland ''will also have a central role in the Avengers'' when Infinity War Part 1 is still 3 YEARS AWAY, we don't even know how Civil War will play out, let alone speculating on a movie still 3 years away/not even starting pre-production yet.. You must be physic if you know what direction Marvel is going.. The Marvel Cinematic Universe won't change on a whim just because they've brought Spidey in..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Don't believe everything you read on the internet, also bit of a stretch saying Holland ''will also have a central role in the Avengers'' when Infinity War Part 1 is still 3 YEARS AWAY, we don't even know how Civil War will play out, let alone speculating on a movie still 3 years away/not even starting pre-production yet.. You must be physic if you know what direction Marvel is going..

They'll follow the cash. Who better than the Marvel cash cow himself?

Sure he'll have a significant role in civil war. But considering this is supposed to be a relatively small role till he gets his own move next year, I'd imagine Downey will stay the face of the thing.

How long do people think the MCU can go on for before they have to end it or start again?

They'll follow the cash. Who better than the Marvel cash cow himself?

And who is this cash cow you are referring to??

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    And who is this cash cow you are referring to??

Spider-man

Sure if spiderman was that much of a cash cow, then the amazing spiderman 2 wouldn't have underperformed to the extent Sony chose to share custody of the character with Marvel.

• Advertisement

Spider-man

And your basing Spider-Man on being the Marvel cash cow on what grounds exactly??

Advertisement