Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Loughc wrote: »
    In the comics 9/11 is dealt with. Mostly by Capt, the FF and Spider-Man.

The capt must of been still frozen/missing when 9/11 happend, spider man prob only born or very young.

In the mcu world isis etc Wud be very small evil entities compared to thanos who is going to destroy the world.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The capt must of been still frozen/missing when 9/11 happend, spider man prob only born or very young.

In the mcu world isis etc Wud be very small evil entities compared to thanos who is going to destroy the world.

Yea possibly. I was just referring to the comic versions.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I can happily accept Daredevil and the like is part of the same universe. The stuff he deals with is much too small fry for the likes of The Avengers, they're not like Superman who flies around apprehending petty thiefs grabbing a woman's purse (SPiderman would fit that bill though tbf).

Remember Daredevil only seems to operate in Hell's Kitchen too so if you're in the wrong part of Manhattan he's not much good to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,154 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I can happily accept Daredevil and the like is part of the same universe. The stuff he deals with is much too small fry for the likes of The Avengers, they're not like Superman who flies around apprehending petty thiefs grabbing a woman's purse (SPiderman would fit that bill though tbf).

Remember Daredevil only seems to operate in Hell's Kitchen too so if you're in the wrong part of Manhattan he's not much good to you!

Daredevil has a serious issue with being a micromanager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,590 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So the Afghan war did happen (Frank castle served in it), where were the super heroes, weapons etc, shield, stark and the guy who created ant man ???. Surly they could of eliminated all evil Afgan/iraq threats

There's a planet with gods ffs who can get to earth and the Afghans were still a force

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Guy who created ant-man was a recluse, Stark was creating weapons for the US military, Captain America was still frozen, thor hadn't crossed into our world yet, the hulk either hadn't been created or was hiding from himself from the world like at the start at the avengers when he's in India, and Black Widow/Hawkeye were either doing other stuff for other agencies, or working for shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The Avengers aren't built for guerilla warfare.

It's the same world as our own, only with super bad guys balancing out super good guys.

Everything else stays the same.

It's a silly argument to be fair. There have been events which coincide with Superheroes since they began,either accept it and move on or have a utopia (Martial state) in the comics ala Justice Lords

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,649 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The first trailer has dropped for Doctor Strange

Looks very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Kevin Feige teases a very different Marvel Cinematic Universe when Phase 4 kicks off; Phase 4 will launch a new saga.

http://screenrant.com/marvel-phase-4-saga/
    I think you look at comics as a guide. I think there will be a finality to moments of Phase Three, as well as new beginnings that will mark a different, a very different, a distinctively different chapter in what will someday be a complete first saga made up of three phases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I hope Evans has a few more films left in his contract. I'm certainly enjoying Cap's adventures more than the others. GotG as well, but from the Avengers lot, Captain America certainly has hit the mark each time for me so far. Iron Man started out great, but has slipped in its subsequent releases. Thor, I love the comics, but I just can't get into the films for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭flazio

And let's not mention The Hulk...
    I imagine the current TV series running across various platforms is doing a lot to set up Phase 4, you have Secret warriors and inhumans in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The Defenders getting set up on Netflix, who knows what Mockingbird and Hunter will set up on Most Wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah it'll be interesting to see what Big Bad they go with for Phases 4-6. With any luck they'll have gotten the rights back to Fantastic 4 and could use the likes of Doctor Doom or Kang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,774 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

James Gunn said on a Facebook Q & A that he would love to have Fantastic Four and more so there Villains (Kang and Annihilus) in the MCU.

And Jon Favreau is coming back as an EP for Avengers: Infinity War movies.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/04/18/jon-favreau-returns-to-marvel-studios-as-ep-on-avengers-infinity/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

That's the worst thing about Fox having F4 not the F4 themselves but likes of Silver Surfer , Galactus, Dr. Doom and others also being in that package

I've really never seen the fascination with Dr. Doom.
    I mean compared to Galactus he's not exactly A-league and that mask is stupid

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on them having the F4 rights back by 2019.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on them having the F4 rights back by 2019.

Fingers crossed. The silver Surfer
    is kinda central to the defeat of Thanos!

Well yeah but mr fantastic is a central character to the original civil war isn't he, along with a whole bunch of heroes. I'm be almost certain they will have them back as a good way to introduce phase 4 once we lose some of the original actors, but still.

• Advertisement

cronin_j wrote: »
    Fingers crossed. The
    silver Surfer is kinda central to the defeat of Thanos!

That's a chunky spoiler right there for anyone not read the comic

I always liked the Silver Surfer from the second Fantastic Four movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Do we know yet when Dr Strange is set canonically. Sitwell mentioned Strange in Winter Soldier so had he got his powers by then or did the tech they were using know he would get powers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,109 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Do we know yet when Dr Strange is set canonically. Sitwell mentioned Strange in Winter Soldier so had he got his powers by then or did the tech they were using know he would get powers?

They may backdate it to that point, but the sitwell mention of him was just thrown into the script and no one at Marvel objected to it - or wasn't put in via request or part of a longer plan (known the script writers)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/robert-downey-jr-joins-spider-885829
    But with Downey’s boarding, it appears that Marvel will continue to keep Spider-Man close not just creatively but also literally; Iron Man and Spider-Man appearing together in Homecoming keeps the Sony movies strongly tied to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and its films released by Disney.

Downey and his industrialist hero have been cornerstones of Marvel’s film slate even though unlike his other co-stars he has not signed the studio’s complicated multipic deals. His last renegotiation included his appearing in Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and Part 2, as well as Civil War.

His appearance in Homecoming required another round of negotiations. It is unclear whether that is to appear in just Homecoming or subsequent installments as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Downey Jr.'s accountant & agent must be the happiest men in Hollywood. Well, second only to Downey Jr. himself; the man must be swimming in cash at this rate.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Downey Jr.'s accountant & agent must be the happiest men in Hollywood. Well, second only to Downey Jr. himself; the man must be swimming in cash at this rate.

Considering the reported restrictions on him from Ironman 1 he has come along way. You have to hand it to Marvel they took a gamble and it paid off.

It probably has more to do with Favreau, to be fair. Downey Jr's comeback would've been naught had it not been for his direction as well.

Isn't it weird to think that Monica's millionaire ex-boyfriend is now a critically acclaimed director?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It probably has more to do with Favreau, to be fair. Downey Jr's comeback would've been naught had it not been for his direction as well.

Isn't it weird to think that Monica's millionaire ex-boyfriend is now a critically acclaimed director?

And Phoebe married Ant-Man.

• Advertisement

Advertisement