Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,556 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Looks like Ross won't get to know play Black Bolt so.

FFS. More retelling of Spiderman stories it is so

• Registered Users Posts: 60,631 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Punisher

Netflix orders The Punisher series.
    Confirming reports from earlier this year that it was in development (though Marvel downplayed the possibility at the time), The Punisher - as introduced in Marvel's Daredevil: Season 2 - is getting his own Netflix spinoff series.

As first reported by Entertainment Weekly, Jon Bernthal will be reprising his role as the tortured vigilante, while Steve Lightfoot, who served as a writer and executive producer on Hannibal, will be showrunner on the series.

“We want to thank the fans who are clamoring for more of Jon’s stunning and powerful performance as Frank Castle from Marvel’s Daredevil,” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb in a press release, “Now combined with Showrunner Steve Lightfoot’s compelling writing, we’re thrilled to bring Marvel’s The Punisher to Netflix.”

Said Lightfoot, in a statement, “For me, the complexity and unpredictability of Frank Castle make him an incredibly compelling character and I couldn’t be more excited to dive into his world. After watching Jon’s performance in Marvel’s Daredevil I could not be more excited to be working with him to further develop and progress the story of this anti-hero in a show of his own.”

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2016/04/29/netflix-orders-the-punisher-series

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm, can't say I've found anything particularly 'complex' about The Punisher, and while Jon Bernthal does a fine job in Daredevil, there's not that much to Castle that's particularly compelling or deep. I'm on episode 10 of season 2 and don't see any variation to the character that sets him apart from the kind of one-note anti-hero The Punisher has always tended to be in my eyes.

He feels best used as a secondary character, working with or against more definitive leads; I don't think he can carry a show on his own. This is the first Netflix / Marvel announcement that has me legitimately sceptical, if not plain uninterested.

Play it like stupid crazy Castle, from say Civil War, and not worth watching.
    Play as proper anti-hero vigilante rhen hmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The Marvel Cinematic Universe in chronological order.

http://screenrant.com/marvel-cinematic-universe-timeline/?view=all

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jeff Goldblum (Grandmaster) & Karl Urban (Skurge) join the cast of Thor: Ragnarok

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

If Jeff Goldblum isn't playing Jeff Goldblum in this, I'll be disappointed

Goldblum would have been an awesome Dr Strange in his prime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

Jeff Goldblum (Grandmaster) & Karl Urban (Skurge) join the cast of Thor: Ragnarok

Are we going to assume that we see some part of the game
    Where Thanos beats grandmaster
    to get an infinity stone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Jeff Goldblum in the MCU!!!!

tumblr_m1u5p7YPwY1qg6z0o.gif

Sharon Stone is joining the MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Video to explain Thor's absence during Civil War.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Registered Users Posts: 86,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Doesn't look like there will be any room for any of the TV characters.
    Not unexpected but a little disappointing.

The balls with this is that Coulson is a film character first. FFS he was the Avenger catalyst

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm still convinced that once the Inhumans film is released that Coulson will be the new Nick Fury. Has to be!

• Advertisement

What InHumans film though???

In the wake of Spider-Man: Homecoming joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe as part of a deal made by Sony Pictures Studios and Marvel Studios, the release date of Inhumans has been pushed back from its original release date of November 2, 2018 to July 12, 2019.

After Walt Disney Company announced a new Indiana Jones movie will be released around the same time of Inhumans, Kevin Feige suggested that the date of release will likely be delayed.[1]

On April 22, 2016 Disney removed the picture from its production schedule leaving the film without a release date.[2]

On July 27, 2016, Comicbook.com gave a report citing how Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. had more room to operate with its Inhuman characters.

On November 11, 2016, screenrant.com gave a report in which Kevin Feige says that it could happen as a movie in Phase 4.[3]

So sometime during Phase 4 to allow Agents to develop it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

There's now an inhumans TV series, the first 2 hour episodes released in imax...
    There's a thread about it somewhere..

No movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There's now an inhumans TV series, the first 2 hour episodes released in imax...
    There's a thread about it somewhere..

No movie.

Yeah it was Ike Perlmutter who was in charge and was pushing for an Inhumans movie, but after some internal changes at Marvel, he's no longer overseeing the movies so they've pretty much removed it from the schedules and are going ahead with it as a TV series now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

here's the link

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057670678

Ah, that's what happens when one only has limited internet access for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Shame likley no black bolt in a movie now

Part 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Two new spiderman posters!

vvv0nxtfzk5dqegkvwck.jpg

kx3mldipeeo20nx9ux1x.jpg

Should be getting a new trailer either today or tomorrow as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

I wonder if we'll get a proper Spidey/Venom/Carnage showdown in the MCU

Advertisement