Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Just have the mutants hidden by Professor X he used his mind powers to hide every mutant on earth but one day he disappears with mutants suddenly revealed to the world and the X Men need to find him and earn the trust of a world that is suspicious of mutants and fears them.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,629 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's easy enough to bring X-Men and FF universes in if they want.

Xavier's school for the gifted can already be here protecting mutants and after Thanos appears more and more mutants start to appear from the aftereffects of his invasion leading to them being seen by the world as Professor X leads his team to help with the clean up after Thanos.

The FF universe can be created by sending some experts into space to explore the after effects of Thanos arrival only to be exposed to something from that and transforms them into the FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'd simply make a film that shows mutants have always been there, but their existence has been hidden by SHIELD. With them weakened, suddenly they appear to the horror of the mass public, still dealing with Sokovia.

Keep the actors you want, chuck the ones you don't, imply they're the same or similar characters but specifically show parts to contradict what you don't want to keep.

Seeing as even in the comics the X-Universe is more or less a side story to itself, I'd love to think some of the creatives could keep their jobs. Let them have a different flavour to their films, and cross over as needed.

The only character I want carried over from the Fox Universe, and I think most will agree with me, is Deadpool because his fourth wall smashing humour could definitely work and they'd be able to riff on the switch. Aside from they need to restart and recast everyone because the Fox continuity is a mess.

That said I don't see why the movies that Fox have in development couldn't be reworked to fit the MCU, like Channing Tatum's Gambit film or James Franco's Multiple Man. I'll be interested to see what will happen to Simon Kinberg, he's been Fox's equivalent to Feige for quite a while now and is directing Dark Phoenix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Disney has such an inside track on reaching a $60 billion-plus deal to acquire key entertainment and sports assets from 21st Century Fox that Comcast has formally exited the chase.

Comcast said Monday it was “no longer” looking at Fox’s film and TV studio and other assets as acquisition targets. The cable giant had yet to comment on its interest in Fox prior to Monday’s statement. But with Hollywood abuzz of a Disney-Fox deal coming down within the next few days, Comcast made a point of getting the first word in on its effort.

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/disney-21st-century-fox-comcast-sale-out-1202636618/

It's going ahead and will cost Disney $52 billion.

• Advertisement

Yeah but Fox only owns distribution rights to Fantastic Four, how is that going to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yeah but Fox only owns distribution rights to Fantastic Four, how is that going to work?

What?

Varik wrote: »
    What?

Constatin (have I spelt that right?) have the FF distribution rights.

They will offer them to Disney for a fortune no doubt.

I don't care about the X-Men coming into the MCU (rather they didn't) but the Four would fit brilliantly into the Ragnarok/Guardians style

• Advertisement

I think its inevitable they all will, but I really hope they don't rush it and shoehorn them in for the sake of having them.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,375 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

pretty exciting but will mean my Xmen DVD collection will be worthless as they prob reboot the whole Xmen franchise but ya never knw

just have too wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

PTH2009 wrote: »
    pretty exciting but will mean my Xmen DVD collection will be worthless as they prob reboot the whole Xmen franchise but ya never knw

I feel your pain. Have the full collection and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Really is a momentous occasion. I remember being on various boards throughout the years talking about how this was an impossibility. Never in a million years would I have thought the Marvel Family would become (more or less) whole again.

Whatever about the concern about Disney dominating 40% of the box office now, it's a day to remember for comic book fans.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

pjohnson wrote: »
    I feel your pain. Have the full collection and all

Lads, they're not going to take them off you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,375 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Lads, they're not going to take them off you :pac:

I can add them too the Toby Mcguire Spider man and Amazing Spider man collection row lol. In fairness Nolans Batman series is much different to the new DC universe

I'm in favour of them rebooting the X-Men Franchise. I think the current bunch of younger X-Men are ruddy awful and can't hold a candle at all to their predecessors.

Really is a momentous occasion. I remember being on various boards throughout the years talking about how this was an impossibility. Never in a million years would I have thought the Marvel Family would become (more or less) whole again.

Whatever about the concern about Disney dominating 40% of the box office now, it's a day to remember for comic book fans.

The also have taken the majority share in Hulu and both Sky TV here and Europe Star TV in India along with FX and National Geographic channels in the States.

I'm in favour of them rebooting the X-Men Franchise. I think the current bunch of younger X-Men are ruddy awful and can't hold a candle at all to their predecessors.

Deadpool, New Mutants, X Force all being cancelled or Disneyfied would be depressing. Generally mutant teams aren't overly reliant on The Avengers so can easily hold their own. The X-Verse has already used alternate timelines anyway so they dont particularly need to be mashed into the MCU. Only a miniscule fraction of mutants would make it to the MCU.

Theres a reason there is more X-Titles than Avengers books.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

If this affects Ryan Reynolds deadpool it's a disaster it does not neccisarily fit the Disney image

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I'd like to think that Feige won't rush into anything and observe how the X films currently slated perform. New Mutants for one potentially has a very good cast of up and comers.

Deadpool, New Mutants, X Force all being cancelled or Disneyfied would be depressing. Generally mutant teams aren't overly reliant on The Avengers so can easily hold their own. The X-Verse has already used alternate timelines anyway so they dont particularly need to be mashed into the MCU. Only a miniscule fraction of mutants would make it to the MCU.

Theres a reason there is more X-Titles than Avengers books.

Oh, I meant the younger X-Men seen in X-Men: Apocalypse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

With fox no longer making FF films, won't Constantine have to sort something out themselves to retain the rights as with the limited release 94 film.

Even if they do the same again it'll cost them just to retain something in hopes Disney buy it back.

I'd like to think that Feige won't rush into anything and observe how the X films currently slated perform. New Mutants for one potentially has a very good cast of up and comers.

Also thinking about it the cast boney had mentioned is set explicity about 20 years from the current MCU. They could leave those characters in continuity past. Then continue from now alongside Deadpool, New Mutants, Gambit, Multiple Man in the "present" timeline. I forgot the main X-Movies are set well before the MCU! (Except for Logan)

Oh, I meant the younger X-Men seen in X-Men: Apocalypse.

Lol just realised my mistake above. I forgot these dudes are set in like the 80's haha. Yeah they wont factor into any MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Will be interesting to see what sway Feige or Disney will have immediately. The deal wont actually go through for over a year given all the approvals they need so will they be able to tell Fox to hold off on projects they don't see a future for when they take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,679 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Also thinking about it the cast boney had mentioned is set explicity about 20 years from the current MCU. They could leave those characters in continuity past. Then continue from now alongside Deadpool, New Mutants, Gambit, Multiple Man in the "present" timeline. I forgot the main X-Movies are set well before the MCU! (Except for Logan)

I think release what's already made or in production which should bring them up to the end of Phase 3 of the MCU anyway, then reboot the entire X-Men universe (except Deadpool) so they're free to be introduced into Phase 4 or 5 of the MCU without all the baggage of the previous films.

Or just keep the X-Verse mostly separate from the MCU anyway. Take whatever characters you need from it for the MCU films (as I said before, could introduce Storm into a Black Panther film for example).

Penn wrote: »
    I think release what's already made or in production which should bring them up to the end of Phase 3 of the MCU anyway, then reboot the entire X-Men universe (except Deadpool) so they're free to be introduced into Phase 4 or 5 of the MCU without all the baggage of the previous films.

Or just keep the X-Verse mostly separate from the MCU anyway. Take whatever characters you need from it for the MCU films (as I said before, could introduce Storm into a Black Panther film for example).

They could reboot everything, including Deadpool.

Show his healing factor to allow him to remember any previous incarnation too though (alá Stewart/McEvoy comment)

So you reboot the universe but have Deadpool tripping balls about the changes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭kerplun k

52bl, WOW.

The good news here is that Marvel gets all its characters back. The bad news is that they have no money left to make future films :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Tefral

kerplun k wrote: »
    52bl, WOW.

The good news here is that Marvel gets all its characters back. The bad news is that they have no money left to make future films :D

The MCU is literally a money printing machine.

Advertisement