Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭ChickenDish

Can we skip Phase 4 and go straight to Phase 5 please.

The new spiderman movie is the only film I'll bother watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Yeah, can't understand that casting at all.

bit late to the party, but based off his look in Tenet, I could see it
    https://www.denofgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Aaron-Taylor-Johnson-with-Alogrithm-in-Tenet.png?resize=768%2C432

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Phase 4 does seem to have a lot of hangover from the "Infinity Saga". Personally looking forward to the end of Phase 4 as there's some interesting projects there and beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,522 ✭✭✭nerd69

Phase 4 does seem to have a lot of hangover from the "Infinity Saga". Personally looking forward to the end of Phase 4 as there's some interesting projects there and beyond.

To be fair if phase 4 is the building blocks for another decade plus long saga it's going to be hard to march the climax of the last one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The whole mutliverse emphasis coming from all angles for Loki and Phase 4 got me thinking about the inevitable Big Event that'll be the next Infinity War. A war for the multiverse feels a bit meh, but it'd add a lot of spice if that was when Marvel got the paycheques out for a return of the Phase 1, albeit as enemies. Captain Hydra, and evil Tony Stark etc. A return of Evans et al feels a little inevitable, it might add interest if the season climax is a battle against the old heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭conorhal

Same.

I had Marvel fatigue even before Endgame came out.
    They're really pushing the whole 'multiverse' thing which doesn't appeal to me. Whenever time travel and multiverse's crop up in series it always leads to stupid and convoluted plotting that nullifies any kind of stakes becaues everything can easily be undone. Oh, Tony Stark is dead? Well no matter we can just grab another Tony Stark from somewhere!

Comebine that with Marvel's attempt to integrate multiple Disney Plus series into the MCU with 'synergistic vertical integration', and other corporate buzz words, there seems an exhausting amount of media to keep up with just to know what's going on.
    I think I'll pass.

• pixelburp wrote: »
    The whole mutliverse emphasis coming from all angles for Loki and Phase 4 got me thinking about the inevitable Big Event that'll be the next Infinity War. A war for the multiverse feels a bit meh, but it'd add a lot of spice if that was when Marvel got the paycheques out for a return of the Phase 1, albeit as enemies. Captain Hydra, and evil Tony Stark etc. A return of Evans et al feels a little inevitable, it might add interest if the season climax is a battle against the old heroes.
    That enemies from alternate timelines feels very much so like something that we always get on tv if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,832 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

conorhal wrote: »
    Same.

I had Marvel fatigue even before Endgame came out.
    They're really pushing the whole 'multiverse' thing which doesn't appeal to me. Whenever time travel and multiverse's crop up in series it always leads to stupid and convoluted plotting that nullifies any kind of stakes becaues everything can easily be undone. Oh, Tony Stark is dead? Well no matter we can just grab another Tony Stark from somewhere!

Comebine that with Marvel's attempt to integrate multiple Disney Plus series into the MCU with 'synergistic vertical integration', and other corporate buzz words, there seems an exhausting amount of media to keep up with just to know what's going on.
    I think I'll pass.

Can see where passing fans would see Disney Plus content as being too much but as a fan I am the complete opposite - once the shows are at good level the more the merrier. Marvel have always written their movies so you aren't totally lost if you miss one, it'll be the same for the shows.

On the multiverse, I've said for a while that I believe fans are getting ahead of themselves with how heavy Marvel will lean in to the multiverse - we saw many people already be wrong about Wandavision. They've spent so long building the MCU I simply don't see them throwing it away by jumping around multiverses. I see it being a plot point in a few movies but won't be a mainstay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Marvel’s Vice President of film production, Victoria Alonso, has confirmed that both Ms Marvel and Hawkeye will premiere on Disney+ before year's end.

• Advertisement

Black Panther sequel casts Michaela Coel

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

As the TV shows ramp up I wonder how ballsy the MCU will get with its storytelling. By that I mean... will the film series actively link with the shows and vice versa - and just presume the audience understand the various states of play; or will they treat any crossovers from a point of ignorance for the film viewers.

Bar stellar reviews it's unlikely I'll be watching every Disney+ show launched so it'll be annoying if I find myself lost in the film series cos I wasn't watching ... I dunno, Moon Knight (though it and She Hulk are the ones I'm actually keeping tabs on)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Oh crap, I hope we don't have to watch everything because I'm pretty burned out on the Disney+ stuff already. Having said that, I hope She Hulk and Ms Marvel deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well it already works movies to TV since all characters so far were setup in the films with Black Widow leaving it to the stinger

to set up a TV storyline.

For the other way around we'll probably see new Captain America in the films and Wanda is likely to be in Dr Strange, though dunno if there'll be any mention of her series.

But I definitely think we'll be getting Ms Marvel and new Hawkeye in the films at some point and Vision will likely appear. One thing the films are known for is the cameos and then big team films like Civil War and Avengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'd be very surprised if they're not working towards a Young Avengers with at least some of the characters being introduced (or some we've already met), with a lot of them being introduced in the TV shows and then moving over to the Films...

Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel), Yelena Belova (Black Widow), Kate Bishop (Hawkeye), Cassie Lang (Scott Lang's daughter), Shuri (T'challa's sister) a multi-verse Billy and Tommy (Wanda and Vision's kids), Harley Keener (aka. the kid from Iron Man 3 who shows up at Stark's funeral, potential Iron Man replacement), likely led by Jennifer Walters (She-Hulk) or maybe even John Walker (U.S. Agent)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And

Riri Williams in ironheart will be the new Ironman I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Somehow I missed the announcement (or perhaps simply forgot) that that one was happening. In that case, it's more likely they're working toward an all female team of relative youngsters.

On an unrelated note, your sig looks like its part of the actual post on Desktop. I was confused for a minute.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’m on mobile and I don’t even see my own signature.

New boards rocks 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

well with Ms Marvel and Ironheart, they could introduce the Champions depending on their age. If Miles Morales ever comes to the MCU along with Sam Alexander (Nova) you would have the 3 founders of the Champions. The Champions stood more for social injustice and helping kids their age. You could still do the Young Avengers with Yelena, Shuri and Kate Bishop as they would be a lot more experienced

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I want my Squirrel Girl!

Sadly the New Warriors never happened. Wish Disney + would at least show the pilot, which I'm sure I've said before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,938 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yelena seems more likely to be in Thunderbolts with Walker.

Yelena would stick out horribly if put on a Young Avengers roster.

Yeah that makes way more sense for Yelena, completely forgot about Thunderbolts

Small clip of "Captain Carter", which I believe is going to be the throughline for the show, linking the various universes visited ... somehow. Still not entirely sold on that animation style, looks 2D in places, but the 3D models are a bit ugly, if I'm honest.

Didn't realize this was out this Wednesday

Wonder will the movie assume viewership of the show or will it have a redo of Sam taking the shield. I think they should have another crack at the costume; I know the one in the show was comic accurate but IMO looked cheap and ill fitting (though apparently the shoot was affected by CoVid so maybe that was part of it)

I hope Bucky is involved

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Steve already gave Sam the shield in Endgame and he accepted it. That's all film-only viewers need to know going into the fourth film. What Sam did with it subsequently was hardly essential to the continuity and could be addressed with a line of dialogue, if at all.

Advertisement