Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,776 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Or Multiverse just bring one across from another verse when needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I didn’t know this was happening. I thought Universal held the rights forever and a day.

I love the idea of a Hulk movie and I do want the Hulk Smash Hulk back but isn’t Hulk the bad guy in World War Hulk? I don’t want that.

And I’m not really interested in a Planet Hulk movie either. I want to see Hulk fighting a few Hulk villains and saving people. A sequel to the Norton film set pre-Avengers where he is on the run from Ross and the army would be great.

I read somewhere that the alien ship he is seen on in She-Hulk has something to do with the Planet Hulk story but it seems more likely to me that Fury sent the ship for for Banner to help him in the Secret Wars series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,189 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I suppose Planet Hulk would be a prequel to Ragnarok. And World War Hulk would need to come up with a new storyline from the comics, considering the reason for it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hulk isn't really the villain of World War Hulk. Basically the Illuminati felt Hulk was becoming too dangerous, so they tricked him onto a spaceship to be exiled from Earth, where he ended up on Sakaar (leading to Planet Hulk, where he had a son). When he found a way back, he went on a rampage of revenge against the Illuminati, which is what World War Hulk was about.

No movie spoilers in the above, as the MCU have gone a very different way by using the general framework of these stories in their films (eg. Planet Hulk being rolled into Thor Ragnarok, and whatever they do with World War Hulk will be very different as Bruce isn't out for revenge and is Smart Hulk), but doing them very differently.

The ship seen in She-Hulk was definitely a ship to Sakaar (the ship was almost the exact same as the one Bruce, Thor and Valkyrie escaped Sakaar in). Check out the final episode of She-Hulk if you haven't seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Well they've given skaar the hulkling spot in the MCU so they could always use him back on Sakaar as the big bad or go with Maestro via multiverse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

now i have to google hulkling... I thought that was Skaar.....

And whats all this about Planet Hulk was Thor Ragnarok?

my nerd level has taken a big hit today..

The Planet Hulk story of Hulk being trapped on Sakaar, becoming a gladiator etc, a version of that is used in Thor Ragnarok. Even Korg and Miek came from the Planet Hulk story. But the comic story is very different. Hulk leads an uprising of the gladiators against the planet's ruler (not Grandmaster, someone else) and he becomes King. But something happens that leads Hulk to return to Earth to try take his revenge on the Illuminati (Prof.X, Iron Man, Dr.Strange, Black Bolt, Namor & Mr.Fantastic) because they were the ones who exiled him from Earth.

So we saw a version of Planet Hulk in Thor Ragnarok (Hulk being a gladiator on Sakaar as a beloved champion, Korg & Miek also being there, a rise up against the planet's ruler), but a very different take of it. Same way Civil War was very different in the comics, Ragnarok obviously very different in the comics, The Mandarin etc.

Marvel tends to take the core idea and characters from previous comics stories, but does new versions of them. Whatever we eventually get of some sort of World War Hulk story already doesn't even nearly match the set-up from the comics.

And yeah, it's kind of bizarre, but Hulkling from the comics isn't even related to the Hulk. He's just green, strong etc but has completely different origins. Skaar is Hulk's actual son.

Though wouldn't be the first time Marvel kind of meld two comic characters together into one MCU character, so maybe Skaar will be known as Hulkling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Charlie Cox training in Dublin for the Daredevil role with Team KF and further UFC fighter Chris Fields, that's class.

• Advertisement

I doubt Feige is to worried about Gunn heading up DC to be honest.

Reports appearing that Disney+ are planning on a Vision solo series called Vision Quest

Elegance Bratton in talks to direct Blade.

His first feature is released next month The Inspection.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Marvel continuing the trend of plucking indie directors with a single film under their belt, then parachuted into a $100+ million dollar blockbuster.

In other rumours, the latest is that William Jackson Harper (Chidi from The Good Place) has been cast as Reed Richards.

Any source for the Reed Richards claim?

I'd be happy with that regardless though. I've only seen him in The Good Place but he was absolutely terrific in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭flazio

When I first saw The Good Place I was convinced he was Samuel L Jackson's son. Apparently they aren't related.

I'd want to see a DNA test if I'm honest. If SLJ wasn't available for Captain Marvel he would have been a perfect substitute for younger Fury.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I really hope this casting is true, he'd be a brilliant Reed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Agreed, he was fantastic in The Good Place. Hope he has a big/recurring role if not Richards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I think it's just people on Twitter assuming he's going to be Reed. I'm thinking if it is a big role, what if he's playing Adam Brashear (Blue Marvel)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,062 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is Wonderman for Disney + series

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Quick Wikipedia based math puts historical, current and planned future MCU shows at approximately 20. Wowsers. TV series will overtake films at this rate! Hard not to start feeling a little overwhelmed at this stage. Gonna have to just resort to picking what I want to watch and just wiki the inevitable story gaps caused. Just no way I can keep up anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,189 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah it is becoming like the comics now. Loads available. Maybe try a couple of issues before deciding if you like it or the character.

Guessing his character gets killed off in Aquaman 2 then.

I'm a bit mixed on Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. Didn't impress me at all in Aquaman or The Matrix Resurrections, though he was terrific in the Watchmen series.

Reports that Tom Holland has signed up for 6 more Spider Man apperances included on a new Trilogy and the two Avengers films.

That leaves an appearance in one other film or some reports he will be in Daredevil Born Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,196 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Think I heard somewhere it was loaning his voice to the animated Spider-verse, possibly voicing What If? (which he didn't do in Season 1) or the Zombie spin off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yeah, they (Corridor Crew) had a good episode on how they made it. It's a pretty good youtube channel. Especially their FVX Artists React and Stuntmen React. Especially their early VFX Artists React where they would put their finger on why something looked right or wrong. Highlighting issues with lighting, compositing etc. Stuff we can see but not know the exact issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,062 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement