Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What letting agents are recommended

Options
  • 10-08-2014 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I'm moving house soon and looking to move into a 1 bed apartment in the city centre.

The rental scene hear in Ireland is full of stories of letting agents and landlords retaining the deposit after a tenant moves out and most of these are unfair cases.

Why the deposit doesn't go to a 3rd party like they do in most other countries is beyond me, another case of backward ireland.

I have heard a number of letting agencies in Waterford have a bad name for this, I won't name names but I would like to know what letting agencies people here would recommend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

I have rented from various letting agents in Waterford over the years and have had some bad experiences with a few.

But having rented off Manor Properties a few times I would recommend them as I have found them to be very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Evidently Chickentown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Would stay way from Waterford Lettings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

longshanks wrote: »
    Evidently Chickentown.

the bard of Salford :cool:

longshanks wrote: »
    Evidently Chickentown.

Well done son, "Leatardo thats my fukin' legacy, not anymore".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Bracing myself for a raft of "them F%$£&rs never gave me back my deposit,and it was an old carpet anyway" posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Manor Properties and Waterford Lettings should be avoided at all costs. Absolute snakes who accept the ****ty houses BookaRoom wont take. Frequently Broken into houses, bad areas, deathtraps, 10 adults in the same house etc.

Have a look on Daft at really ****ty damp flats and see who has them. Then avoid them.

Manor Properties and cshould be avoided at all costs. Absolute snakes who accept the ****ty houses BookaRoom wont take. Frequently Broken into houses, bad areas, deathtraps, 10 adults in the same house etc.

Have a look on Daft at really ****ty damp flats and see who has them. Then avoid them.

Seen a house from manor properties had piss on the middle of the floor in the kitchen and the was the start of it ...... There was brown marks on the wall of the room i was viewing.

Viewed a view houses from from kitchen. One had the front door unlocked while the other housemates where asleep in the house and the kitchen table was in pieces on the ground.

Another i viewed had some one living in the room that i was viewing that was post to be free :eek:

Another was so dirty your dogs bed would be cleaner.

But there is some shocking rental places in waterford so get ready to have a look at a lot of places when renting

Jesus that sounds rough. I never experienced any of that with Manor Properties but I suppose as they are one of the biggest agents in town they have good and bad places, guess it depends what end of the market you are hoping to move into OP, Waterford does have its fair share of bad properties but a lot of good ones too. Where are you hoping of moving too?

I can vouch for them for a number of reasons. This one stands out in my mind the most; I lost the keys of my house one cold, rainy night, after been out on the town when I was admittedly a 'little' worse for wear. Rang them up at 3am to explain the situation, they sent a guy out to leave me in, he arrived within 10 minutes, free of charge. I can't fault that service.

I have rented with Book A Room who conversely I found to be unbelievably awkward at even the smallest request and please don't get me started on Waterford lettings as it will only piss me off..

Jesus that sounds rough. I never experienced any of that with Manor Properties but I suppose as they are one of the biggest agents in town they have good and bad places, guess it depends what end of the market you are hoping to move into OP, Waterford does have its fair share of bad properties but a lot of good ones too. Where are you hoping of moving too?

I can vouch for them for a number of reasons. This one stands out in my mind the most; I lost the keys of my house one cold, rainy night, after been out on the town when I was admittedly a 'little' worse for wear. Rang them up at 3am to explain the situation, they sent a guy out to leave me in, he arrived within 10 minutes, free of charge. I can't fault that service.

I have rented with Book A Room who conversely I found to be unbelievably awkward at even the smallest request and please don't get me started on Waterford lettings as it will only piss me off..

With manor it was 320 a month for a double en suite sharing with 2 others so not cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaleB91

Stay away from Murphys Auctioneers, unfortunately wasn't aware of how unreputable they were before, lots of false promises from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Andrea in Heffernans is 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

A bit of a looker so, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Avoid Fitzgerald estates at all costs. Had a really bad experience with Gregory Fitzgerald, the owner. Chimney was leaking smoke into an upstairs bedroom & we reported it to him. After much hassle we moved out - 6mths into a year long lease. He advertised the property for rent the day we gave our notice. Had no intention of fixing a potentially lethal problem. We reported him to relevant departments and he was forced to repair it. Had such hassle getting deposit back also.
    We currently rent with Thomas Reid auctioneers & find them brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 deise88

Avoid Ennis Gough over in ferrybank. I dealt with the woman in there and she was literally insane and just downright rude.

Advertisement