Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Vest or Molle?

Options
  • 10-08-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Upgrading some of my stuff and I want to get my hands on a new rig.
    But do I go for a Molle or Tactical vest.

I use AEG's with M4 mid cap mags,
    Carry 2 grenades,
    Walkie talkie.

I am usually front line so need something that's not going to effect my mobility too much. Space for enough mags to see me through any lengthy skirmish.
    Cost isn't really an issue just looking for some quality.

I usually wear all black or A-TAC's camo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

There more chest rigs out now that you could shake a stick at, my advice would be to get a chest rig, vest, plate carrier that has MOLLE function, you can then buy as many or as little pouches as you want then and if you want to buy more eventually you can stick em on!.

Only question you have to ask is what rig you looking for, Plate carrier?? Chest rig?? Combat vest?? Low profile rigs??. All have their advantages and disadvantages.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

What actually is a plate carrier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

mooneyd wrote: »
    What actually is a plate carrier

In the real world they carry ballistic plates, front back and sides, in the airsoft world its just a vest minus all that be it a real steel manufacturer or a clone. Just google it really am far far too lazy to upload a pic :)

Personally I find them awkward but you can literally fit some amount of ammo pouches, utility pouches basically anything ya like. But I dont see the point of plate carriers if you intend to have little amount of pouches!.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Yea literally I want to carry 2 grenades, 4-6 mags and a dump pouch, light weight & without reducing mobility.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

mooneyd wrote: »
    Yea literally I want to carry 2 grenades, 4-6 mags and a dump pouch, light weight & without reducing mobility.
    Maybe a molle belt would suit you if this is all you want to carry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement