Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

computer applications

• 10-08-2014 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

is this the better course than trinitys or ucd computer science?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Dev 17

I did CS in TCD. The CA course in DCU was very respected by my peers and probably held a little more weight than the CS course in UCD. Overall though I'd say your grades and side projects matter a little more than the University in this regard.

I'd probably argue the TCD CS course was the toughest as the H C3 maths requirement means TCD students are a tiny bit more mathematically literate which is a useful attribute in CS. Also afaik TCD has stricter failing rules. You can't complete a year unless all exams are passed and failed modules can't be carried forward.

Plenty of graduates from each University have gone on to the other Universities for post graduate courses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Dev 17 wrote: »
    Also afaik TCD has stricter failing rules. You can't complete a year unless all exams are passed and failed modules can't be carried forward.

This is also the case with DCU.

Which course is "better" is most likely entirely subjective. All three courses are highly respected in the industry. I would say just read through the year to year course structure contents for each course you're looking at and use a combination of which of those you find most interesting and the actual college you would like to study in for four years as a basis for your decision.

Advertisement