Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Long Before I Can Post Images

Options
  • 10-08-2014 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Was trying to post an Image in a thread there and couldn't because it said I was a new user, so how long is it before I can post an image in a thread, kind of annoying that I can't.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

50 posts and a 10 day old account are required.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭MrLucidLJ

Spear wrote: »
    50 posts and a 10 day old account are required.

Why are they so strict about this kind of annoying my account is a month plus old but only have like 27 posts now so another 23 to go then I can post URL or image links thanks for the reply man appreciate it dude. If I just reply to some threads of other people thats fine as long as its not spam replies?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's a necessary evil to stop spammers and other abusers.

It's a necessary evil to stop spammers and other abusers.

I can understand what you are saying are there no moderators or admins that keep an eye on that kind of stuff going on, or software to track proper threads?

There's no software that can correctly judge the intent behind posting a link, be it blatant spam or something more underhanded such as shilling. And with nigh on 300,000 active users in a two week period, there's no way to monitor everyone.

• Advertisement

There's no software that can correctly judge the intent behind posting a link, be it blatant spam or something more underhanded such as shilling. And with nigh on 300,000 active users in a two week period, there's no way to monitor everyone.

Surprised they haven't come up with something to monitor this website with all the popularity of it and all so 300k is the amount of users it has atm?

Advertisement