Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade - Tekken Cab to Mortal Kombat 2 Restore

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Sorry for digging up this old thread. Got linked here googling something else.

What was the finished product like dude?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Hi, i havent done anything with it since the last update there, ive a lot going on in the house with a new kitchen and attic going in so had to put it in the shed for a while. I also got myself an actual Midway MK2 Cab after this one so i had to re-think it. So im gonna do a 4 player turtles cab and have sunset riders and simpsons pcbs in it with a jamma switcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So im gonna do a 4 player turtles cab and have sunset riders and simpsons pcbs in it with a jamma switcher.

That's gonna be a really cool cab to have :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've been scratching my brain over that kick harness situation by the way. So you're going to have three PCBs in there that all require player 3&4 to be wired from the kick harnesses (completely separate to the jamma switcher as they don't support that)

Could you wire them all up to some kind of home made switcher and then have one kick harness set coming out of that to the control panel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

o1s1n wrote: »
    I've been scratching my brain over that kick harness situation by the way. So you're going to have three PCBs in there that all require player 3&4 to be wired from the kick harnesses (completely separate to the jamma switcher as they don't support that)

Could you wire them all up to some kind of home made switcher and then have one kick harness set coming out of that to the control panel?
    Does the JAMMA switcher only power the PCB when it switches to it or are all PCBs constantly powered?
    I assume you could just wire all the kick harnesses together without any issues
    Someone really needs to come up with a better jamma switcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Optimus, do you have photos or an existing thread of the mk1 cab you got?

I have an awful lob on for some cab pr0n.

These are the only two i have to hand in work at the minute

image1.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I never get tired of seeing those cabs in a line, all powered up. Kids these days are missing out the arcade experience :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

You're going for the exact 4P cab I was planning on building. Cant wait to see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Myrddin wrote: »
    I never get tired of seeing those cabs in a line,

Same! I hope I'm written into his will for that Time Crisis cab :pac:

haha i tell you i was this close to selling it last week, im getting the attic converted and a new kitchen at the minute, i had to move the cabs to the sittingroom\Toilet\utility room\Hall so i could take up the tiles off the floor. the house looks like a bomb went off at the minute.

If you are ever re-tiling a kitchen, either tile over the existing ones or pay someone to take up the old ones, absolute nightmare getting them up. 2 days with a kango, ive no skin left on my hands and my back is broken and i still couldnt get all the adhesive up.. rant over.. :mad:

On the bright side, the attic is nearly done! just have to carpet and paint it! Wired for surround sound, 3d projector and plenty of room to take all my consoles and games back out of storage.

Advertisement