Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing Repeats, but Changing Course?

Options
  • 10-08-2014 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi! Wondering if I could get some help on this!

Basically I failed one of my summer exams and the repeat is in two days time. I have done next to no study for it, as I reapplied through the CAO and am changing course completely in September (but I'm still doing the repeat exam to please the mother). If I fail the repeat exam for my current course, does that in any way implicate my chances for changing course? As in, if I have the entry points for the new course, does failing the repeat exam for this course affect whether or not I get an offer?

Probably a stupid question, but I just want to be sure!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Failing the repeat will not affect your chances in getting an offer for the other course

• Registered Users Posts: 11 highonlife

Even if both courses are in the same college (UCC)? They're not going to turn around and be all "hey, you managed to fail first year of that course, no way are we letting you into another one here"..?

Okay I realise how ridiculous that actually sounds. But I just want to be 100% sure! And also if I (hopefully) get an offer next week when the offers come out, how do I go about letting my current course know I won't be back? Do I just email them?

Advertisement