Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dispersal of ashes

Options
  • 10-08-2014 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello all. My beloved partner passed away some weeks back. His ashes were dispersed as per his wishes in water. His dear cat which was very special to him was killed on the road outside his house some weeks later. We had her cremated. What do people think about the dispersal of the cats ashes in the same water as her owner. I myself am not sure. I would be afraid that it would be the wrong thing to do. I dont know But if I dont' do that what else do I do with the cats ashes. She was a special cat. He was a very special partner

Ger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Ger - if it were me it would mean alot to me. As you said though everyone is different but personally I think it would be a lovely idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

I agree with Taltos. I think it would be a lovely jesture.

However, at the end of the day, you know what is best to do. There is no need to rush your decision. Take your time and if it feels like the right thing to do, then do it.

P.S. Sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Sorry for your loss.

I would do it , I see no problem at all with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I think that sounds like a lovely idea OP. Sorry to hear about your partner.

Advertisement