Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rio Gold WF5F snapped

• 10-08-2014 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

I bought a Rio Gold fly line at the start of the year and used it maybe 8 or 9 times since.

I went out fishing well ago and simply went to pull some more line off the reel when the line snapped completely in 2 just below the rear taper, just about 2 foot below where the colour changes.

I was shocked at this as i always thought Rios products would be almost faultless.

Has anyone else had something like this happen with one of these lines?What should i do, would Rios customer service replace it for me?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Well,

This happend to me but not with a rio, There's no way to fix it your self, If i were i'd ring rio, Or meaby ring the shop you bought it off, they might give you an replacement or half off one!
    Sorry to hear that!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

Well,

This happend to me but not with a rio, There's no way to fix it your self, If i were i'd ring rio, Or meaby ring the shop you bought it off, they might give you an replacement or half off one!
    Sorry to hear that!

Ya, ill go to the shop i got it from tomorrow but i doubt ill get any satisfaction from them! Hes not the most friendly tackle dealer...

I just emailed Rio and am waiting for reply as the only phone number i can find for them is American.I really am shocked that it even came to this with one of their lines.

Thanks for the reply fisherbuy!Ill post again when they get back on to me and say how i get on with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Flysfisher

Surprised to hear that. Have a rio gold and it's a good line, must be just a fault.
    I think rio and sage are same company.

Hi,

Yea there the same company, Have rio as well never heard anything about that, just orderd a new for my new salmon fly rod!
    Also any news about the line The other fella

I emailed them the day after it happened and they responded quite quickly asking me to send it back to them for quality inspection.I posted it off today and im just waiting to see what happens next.

Like i said though, their customer care seems very good so far.They were very quick to respond and were quite apologetic about the whole situation.

• Advertisement

Good to hear that, There Very dear lines! Good to hear they have a good customer care setup!

For anyone interested, i got a replacement line this morning.They sent it to the wrong address first and had to have it sent back to America and reposted it again.Good customer service besides the wait :)

Advertisement