Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Celbridge

Options
  • 10-08-2014 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey all

Contemplating a move to Celbridge due to new job in Dublin. I have 2 children - both boys -who need schools, such a bad time of year to be moving!

Im not going to be too bad with the secondary school as I see it opens on 18th aug so wont have long to wait to see if they have room for my eldest but does anyone have any idea how the boys/ mixed primary schools are for numbers? Im looking at St. Patricks and Scoil na Mainistreach but if anyone has any other suggestions Im all ears! So far I have emailed both schools but it could be so long before I hear back that Im kind of at a loss about what to do. Would asking the local priest be of any benefit??!

I am hoping to have moved in time for the first day of term, fingers crossed!!

Any info would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

You don't appear to have contacted Scoil Mochua (Aghards). It's a mixed primary school. I've 2 girls there and am very happy with it.
    I have noticed there have been a few cars in there since last week, not sure who they are, but they are worth contacting.
    http://www.scoilmochua.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 notsoslim

Aghards is really difficult to get into. I wouldn't count on getting a place. Scoil na Mainistreach is excellent by all accounts. I have a girl, who went to St. Brigids. Good luck in your new home. I love living in Celbridge!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gizmo102

Unfortunately had to rethink Celbridge as the secondary school cant take my oldes boy! Thanks for the replies folks!

Advertisement