Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning in GAA forum.

Options
  • 10-08-2014 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭

I received a warning in the Dublin v Monaghan thread in the GAA forum for personal abuse, I responded to a disgusting post.

The two relevant posts have been deleted so I can't put them up here but maybe the MOD, tom Joad could have access to them.

Normally I would accept an infraction but what I posted certainly wasn't personal abuse. Thread is here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91654296#post91654296

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hi,

As per the first step in the DRP, can you advise if youve contacted the mod who issued you this card to see if you could resolve it with the,?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Hi,

Yes, I've contacted the mod who refused to withdraw the warning.

I have explained my side to him but he/she stated that the warning should stand due to my alleged personal abuse of another poster.

Regards.

bohsboy wrote: »
    Hi,

Yes, I've contacted the mod who refused to withdraw the warning.

I have explained my side to him but he/she stated that the warning should stand due to my alleged personal abuse of another poster.

Regards.

I'll take a look at this in the morning and get back to ya. Thanks.

Hi,

After reviewing the post and the context it contained I've decided to uphold the original card issued by the GAA mods.

Firstly, I'm sure you're aware of the "attack the post, not the poster" site wide rule we have at Boards, you've managed to go out of your way to find and post personal info regarding the user and use it as a stick to beat him with.

Reagrdless of his post, you should have reported it and let the Mods deal with it, which they did, resorting to personal abuse is something we dont want to see.

You can request an Admin review of my decision if you wish.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

It wasn't a card, it was a warning.

I was warned for personal abuse which it certainly wasn't in my opinion. Im sorry but I cant accept a warning for posting someone's weight which I didn't find insulting in the slightest and I certainly wasn't abusive.

Don't mean to escalate this further but if you are upholding the warning I have to request an Admin to look at this if possible?

Regards.

• Advertisement

No problem, I'll ask an Admin to review for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Hi,

I've read through that thread and to be honest, you got a warning for posting an attack on a poster. Yes it was an innocent enough comment but the troll was trying to derail the thread and go on a rant and you fed the troll. report the post and let the mod deal with it.

a warning was fitting to be honest. if everyone posted responses to troll bait all threads would just descend into name calling and mockery in no time. anything more than a warning and I think there may be room to review but the mod was spot on in this instance.

Than you for your response.

I can accept it if it's troll baiting but I was warned for personal abuse? That is my argument from the first instance.

I fail to see how I abused anyone?

Regards.

Advertisement