Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation charge

Options
  • 10-08-2014 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

I ported my landline number away from Eircom in June and so finished up with Eircom. I was long outside a contract period so why am I now being charged a cancellation charge since it's been decided this can't happen anymore? Or have I completely misread the settlement with Comreg? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

thefareast wrote: »
    Hi,

I ported my landline number away from Eircom in June and so finished up with Eircom. I was long outside a contract period so why am I now being charged a cancellation charge since it's been decided this can't happen anymore? Or have I completely misread the settlement with Comreg? 
    Hi thefareast
    if you PM me your account number I can have a look at this and should be able to answer your query.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭thefareast

PM sent, thanks Tony.

Any update on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi there,

I'm going through the PM's at the moment and I'll get back to you soon.

Thanks,

Tony

Anything yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Anything yet?
    Hi thefareast

I am here until 6pm today. Unfortunately I do not have access to Tonys PM's currently but if you PM me the account no now, I will look at this and get back to you before 6pm.

thanks
    Colm

Anything yet?
    Hi thefareast

I am here until 6pm today. Unfortunately I do not have access to Tonys PM's currently but if you PM me the account no now, I will look at this and get back to you before 6pm.

thanks
    Colm
    Thanks for the offer Colm, I wasn't online then but since I haven't heard back from Tony bar the occasional PM about getting back to it, I will PM you also if that's OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Anything yet?
    Hi thefareast

thanks
    Colm
    Thanks for the offer Colm, I wasn't online then but since I haven't heard back from Tony bar the occasional PM about getting back to it, I will PM you also if that's OK.
    Hi thefareast

Thanks for the details,

Can you also send us a PM including a mobile contact number, email address including your full name? I will escalate this to accounts and you will be contacted in relation to a refund within 15 days.

Thanks
    Al

Hi

Thanks for the details,

Can you also send us a PM including a mobile contact number, email address including your full name? I will escalate this to accounts and you will be contacted in relation to a refund within 15 days.

Thanks
    Al
    PM sent to you, thanks for your help Al.

Hi

Thanks for the details,

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks thefareast

You will receive a call in relation to your refund within the next 15 days

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi

Thanks for the details,

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

I received a cheque for €32, my final bill which Eircom took was €49.44.  I don't have the bill in front of me so could somebody breakdown what the charges were?  I'm fairly sure they were just a charge in lieu of not giving notice for broadband and another for phone.

Hi

Thanks for the details,

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

I received a cheque for €32, my final bill which Eircom took was €49.44.  I don't have the bill in front of me so could somebody breakdown what the charges were?  I'm fairly sure they were just a charge in lieu of not giving notice for broadband and another for phone.
    Hi thefareast

I'll need to follow this up with accounts, as soon as I have more information I will let you know.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

Hi

I'll need to follow this up with accounts, as soon as I have more information I will let you know.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

Anything yet?

Thanks

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

Hi

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

Anything yet?
    Hi thefareast
    I'm still awaiting an update, apologies for the delays but I'll get back to you as soon as I have more news.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

Hi

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

Anything yet?
    Hi
    I'm still awaiting an update, apologies for the delays but I'll get back to you as soon as I have more news.

Thanks
    Al
    Hello,

I got hold of the bill over the weekend, it is as follows:
    Total service and connection charges -1.41

Charge in lieu of one months notice to cease service 20.96
    Charge in lieu of one months notice to cease service 20.65
    Total other charges 41.61

VAT 23% on 40.20
    Total VAT 9.24

Total charges for this period 49.44

Where did the figure of €32 come from and what happened to the rest?

Thanks

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

Hi

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

Anything yet?
    Hi

Thanks
    Al
    Hello,

VAT 23% on 40.20
    Total VAT 9.24

Hello thefareast

I'm still awaiting clarification on this, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al

Hi

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

Anything yet?
    Hi

Thanks
    Al
    Hello,

VAT 23% on 40.20
    Total VAT 9.24

Hello

I'm still awaiting clarification on this, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al
    As an update, I received another cheque, this time for €7.36.  As much as I enjoy getting random cheques, I'm still no closer to finding out how Eircom are coming to these amounts and where the rest is.

Hi

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

Anything yet?
    Hi

Thanks
    Al
    Hello,

VAT 23% on 40.20
    Total VAT 9.24

Hello

Thanks
    Al
    As an update, I received another cheque, this time for €7.36.  As much as I enjoy getting random cheques, I'm still no closer to finding out how Eircom are coming to these amounts and where the rest is.
    I agree thefareast

7.36 + 32 does not make €49.44 so I will again escalate this to the attention of credit management. Apologies for this.

Thanks
    Al

Hi

Thanks
    Al
    Hello,

VAT 23% on 40.20
    Total VAT 9.24

Hello

Thanks
    Al
    I agree

7.36 + 32 does not make €49.44 so I will again escalate this to the attention of credit management. Apologies for this.

Thanks
    Al
    This is just dragging on at this point, I'm no closer to the rest of my money or why Eircom are drip feeding increments of it to me.

I was a customer of Eircom for over 10 years and I paid every single bill on time and in full via direct debit, I had hoped Eircom would treat me with the same respect but obviously not. I'm not looking for apologys, credit, interest or anything other than what money is owed to me. Before I go to COMREG, DCENR or anybody else that will listen, let's have one last go. In your next post tell me a cheque is in the post for €10.08 and we'll all be on our way.

Hello Eircom reps, long time no hear.....unfortunately.

Since I never got anywhere here, I went to make an official complaint to Comreg.  Before I could do that I had to go through Eircoms complaint handling process. Filled in Eircoms online complaint form, submitted it and was told I would get a response within 10 working days. Can you guess what happened? Nada, I never heard from Eircom again. Admittedly I should have followed up on this sooner but I had enough things to be doing and really just hoped I wouldn't need to.

Since I'm almost certainly never going to see that money again how about a gesture of goodwill from Eircom.  How about you offer me a €50 discount on top of any new customer discount, if in the highly unlikely case I ever return to Eircom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wow I am having exact same problem have emailed to complaints department twice.

Eircom have not got back to me even the reps on boards are ignoring my posts.

Can I ask how you went about complaint to comreg nd what did it achieve.

Hi punisher5112

According to your complaints case notes there was number of attempts to contact you however there had been no answer. Because there was no answer a Letter is being arranged by post. The case reference number is 1815465 and the Letter will be with you this week.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Hi punisher5112

According to your complaints case notes there was number of attempts to contact you however there had been no answer. Because there was no answer a Letter is being arranged by post. The case reference number is 1815465 and the Letter will be with you this week.

Thanks
    Al

That is not true there has been no contact at all.

My phone is always on and have never missed a call off Eircom or have  had a message left.

I received a letter today in relation to the money been taken off my card illegaly in December it is now May.

The letter is of no help whatsoever.

It says I have to take the issue up with the bank how is the bank responsible for Eircom charging it to my card. Amount allowed to take €200 but Eircom charged a further €468.88 and I have been in contact numerous times about this and the rest of the absolute rubbish that has been going on.

I have sent two complaints and it has taken over a month to get an answer and it actually is not even an answer to the complaint.

I sent a letter to cancel Eircom and we are still been charged and it too not far off 3 months to finally get the line to be disconnected and we  are still been charged.

I want this problem resolved and am extremely stressed over the whole lot of issues.
    Please please can you help.

Hi punisher5112

Thanks
    Al

My phone is always on and have never missed a call off Eircom or have  had a message left.

I received a letter today in relation to the money been taken off my card illegaly in December it is now May.

It says I have to take the issue up with the bank how is the bank responsible for Eircom charging it to my card. Amount allowed to take €200 but Eircom charged a further €468.88 and I have been in contact numerous times about this and the rest of the absolute rubbish that has been going on.

I have sent two complaints and it has taken over a month to get an answer and it actually is not even an answer to the complaint.

I sent a letter to cancel Eircom and we are still been charged and it too not far off 3 months to finally get the line to be disconnected and we  are still been charged.

I want this problem resolved and am extremely stressed over the whole lot of issues.
    You need to get on to Comreg at this point, there is a contact form on their website, I can't post links but it's easy enough to find or call them at: 1890229668
    I don't know what is involved in your situation but going by your last post there is significant money involved and you're not getting any joy with Eircom so best to move it onto the next stage. Best of luck.

======================================

eircom Alan I'm sure you didn't ignore me on purpose, read back a few posts.

Hi punisher5112

Thanks
    Al

You need to get on to Comreg at this point, there is a contact form on their website, I can't post links but it's easy enough to find or call them at: 1890229668
    I don't know what is involved in your situation but going by your last post there is significant money involved and you're not getting any joy with Eircom so best to move it onto the next stage. Best of luck.

Hi thefareast

Sincere apologies for delays on this, having investigated this in full I have arranged for a cheque to be sent to you within 30 working days for the full amount of €49.44

Thanks

Al

Hi punisher5112

Thanks
    Al

Hi thefareast

Sincere apologies for delays on this, having investigated this in full I have arranged for a cheque to be sent to you within 30 working days for the full amount of €49.44

Thanks

Al
    Excellent news. Thanks Al, it's been fun.

Hi punisher5112

Thanks
    Al

Hi thefareast

Thanks

Al
    Excellent news. Thanks Al, it's been fun.
    No worries thefareast

Al

Advertisement