Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Snow Lovers Appreciation Society Winter 2014/15 #MOD NOTE #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Sure everyone knows to stay away from the yellow snow:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Possible THUNDERSNOW at the highest peaks?
    330895.png

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Feels Baltic in Dublin city today!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Just to mention those showers in the north west will become more widespread and heavier later tonight so we could see some flurries further east later on as the snow level drops inland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Just to mention those showers in the north west will become more widespread and heavier later tonight so we could see some flurries further east later on as the snow level drops inland.
    The little disturbance has a little warm sector with it, so the best chance of snow is probably on its back edge as it clears east early tomorrow morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The little disturbance has a little warm sector with it, so the best chance of snow is probably on its back edge as it clears east early tomorrow morning.

It's a long shot. Most models have that pretty much cleared by 3 am. I don't expect anything other than sleety rain in my area and that's assuming we actually get some showers.

We have seen surprises many times before though. I wouldn't be shocked to see the odd flurry.

Could be icy too in the morning.

But on the Wicklow mountains and hills further south above, say, 200 m a dusting seems likely enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Just had a heavy sleet shower in Ennis, just outside on the Lahinch road.
    The temperature dropped 2° c in minutes.
    The sun is out again. ..
    An evening for the fire and lamppost watching :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Metmaster

More snow forecasted for Friday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭pad199207

A real Heinz Variety of Hail, Sleet and Rain here just outside of Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Just out the garden there getting logs for the fire, getting very windy and also quite cold, cant see it snowing though but that sky has that look about it, kids are doing their dinger as my better half was telling them it could snow:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

A bit of hail down in UL with some rain. Not very heavy.

Could've sworn there was some sleet earlier but it could be me imagining things.. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

10857731_1517110928551760_1794742465891012090_n.jpg?oh=39c8e38a4fb1fa17c18b1767eba18588&oe=550D2AB8

That's me all ready to head out after dinner for some snow chasing. Good chance of seeing the Aurora also tonight through any clear spells!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Metmaster

Just had a sleet shower here in kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Rain/sleet showers in Galway now as heavier showers move in from the west now...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Snow shower on the high ground here in Kilkenny earlier today, land is over 300 metres altitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

10857731_1517110928551760_1794742465891012090_n.jpg?oh=39c8e38a4fb1fa17c18b1767eba18588&oe=550D2AB8

That's me all ready to head out after dinner for some snow chasing. Good chance of seeing the Aurora also tonight through any clear spells!

love the wallpaper buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭JP85

For anybody who wants to remeniss on what snow looks like, the year Britain froze is starting on more 4 at 8 tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

"Lampost watchers alert" ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

It's so beautiful. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

JP85 wrote: »
    For anybody who wants to remeniss on what snow looks like, the year Britain froze is starting on more 4 at 8 tonight

Just logged on to post this ^^^ 2010 was a vintage year !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Ahhhhh its grand

JP85 wrote: »

Thanks for that, watching it now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

There was heavy sleet this evening at the foot of Lugnaquilla. I'd imagine it will have a fair dusting of white at the top by the morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 Green Fish

Some sleet in west Galway but it just seems 2 or 3 degrees too warm out there for anything decent. Hopefully the mountains will have a nice covering soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Saw some very sleety rain (almost snow) on the way up from Cork this evening, around Abbeyleix.

Winter's arrived! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭mallards

The clouds rolled in today in Tyrone and the blizzards started. only the mountain tops stayed white but I would say there would be some snow at lower levels tomorrow.
    20141207_102446_zpsbuhe95dj.jpg
    20141207_102950_zpsh7u3usr0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭AnotherYear

Just got my first dose of snow this winter. Heavy hail shower which turned to snow. 30m asl in Donegal so the higher parts will do well tonight. I heard a distant rumble of thunder too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Just got my first dose of snow this winter. Heavy hail shower which turned to snow. 30m asl in Donegal so the higher parts will do well tonight. I heard a distant rumble of thunder too.

Yes big bangs of thunder here aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Snowing lightly

Newcastle Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Got a light dusting of snow here in north meath this morning, wasnt expecting to see it as it was lashing rain at 12.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Brief snow shower at dublin airport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Snow in Dublin and Meath, don't recall any mention of that from met Eireann yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

The lightest dusting of snow in Dublin 16
    image_zps26afe7e7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Snow in Dublin and Meath, don't recall any mention of that from met Eireann yesterday.

To be fair, it seems the snow we got was in a shower around 5-5.30am, everything before that was rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The high back mountains have a dusting of snow here in South West Kerry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

small dusting of snow in tinahely co wicklow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Comeragh mountains are white this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

There were frozen flakes on my car this morning in Navan, so we did have a snow shower at some stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My car had some frozen flakes on it this morning, around half eight.
    That's out near Rolestown, outside Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Snow on slieve foy Co louth this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My car had some frozen flakes on it this morning, around half eight.
    That's out near Rolestown, outside Swords.
    They would be frozen if they has been stuck on the car all night:D
    flake1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Sun is shining in cabra with not a cloud in the sky :)
    It is cold though.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Met Eireann Friday: Very cold and windy. Sunny spells in the east and southeast but heavy wintry showers generally. Highest temperatures only 3 to 7 degrees in blustery northwesterly winds.

is this wintry showers for east and southeast ??

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Met Eireann Friday: Very cold and windy. Sunny spells in the east and southeast but heavy wintry showers generally. Highest temperatures only 3 to 7 degrees in blustery northwesterly winds.

is this wintry showers for east and southeast ??

Nope the west :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Clear skies in Limerick and it looks like the sun is setting down now. Nice orangle glow skies around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That wind is brutal.. lazy wind that goes right through you instead of round.. Life becomes focussed on getting warm... Heating big stones in the range for my feet!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 Green Fish

Anyone living near Galtymore and if so, is there any snow on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

Green Fish wrote: »
    Anyone living near Galtymore and if so, is there any snow on it?

snow line is down just under the lakes, meant to take photo earlier.
    light enough coating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Was up Kippure round 10.30pm last night. Roads fairly snowy and icy, 4WD was nice to have. Nice accumulation of snow on the top of Kippure, bitterly cold hard snow falling with 100m visibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Was up Kippure round 10.30pm last night. Roads fairly snowy and icy, 4WD was nice to have. Nice accumulation of snow on the top of Kippure, bitterly cold hard snow falling with 100m visibility.

Thats not how the internet works, none of what you said makes sense without photos :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement