Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Snow Lovers Appreciation Society Winter 2014/15 #MOD NOTE #1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Sorry! The phone wasn't up to much. DSLR is knackered. You'll have to take my word for it! Twas cold and you couldn't even see the mast lights right at the gate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭omicron

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Sorry! The phone wasn't up to much. DSLR is knackered. You'll have to take my word for it! Twas cold and you couldn't even see the mast lights right at the gate.

Was there snow at Military Road level or only up the road to the mast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

At 10.30 there was snow at military road, around 8 there wasn't. I'd say there was snow up the road to the mast from the early evening. There was bootprints around the bridge about half way up. On the way back it petered out near glencree and once you climbed towards the feather beds there was a covering of snow again.

On the top there was enough to cover the grass entirely and throw a few snowballs about. I'd say about 1.5-2cm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭AnotherYear

From Ian k. Fergusson on Netweather- First tentative whiff of height rises over/near Greenland in EC 12z clusters beyond circa 21 Dec (and out to T+360) with resultant hints of possible northerly flow regime for UK. Baby-steps....We expect there to be a possible lag period before this sort of outcome emerges further in EC with any stronger definition, but still too far off to warrant anything 'excitable' by way of forum reaction, I stress.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

From Ian k. Fergusson on Netweather- First tentative whiff of height rises over/near Greenland in EC 12z clusters beyond circa 21 Dec (and out to T+360) with resultant hints of possible northerly flow regime for UK. Baby-steps....We expect there to be a possible lag period before this sort of outcome emerges further in EC with any stronger definition, but still too far off to warrant anything 'excitable' by way of forum reaction, I stress.[/QUOTE]
    Are you KIDDING?!?

This thread was started in *August* ... it would want to be 30C outside with no clouds and STILL someone here would be saying "I think there's something interesting building off Norway"! :)

Nice input

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I'm back for my yearly snow roller-coaster. Looking forward to it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Europe's deep freeze: Ice storms cause widespread winter chaos, in pictures - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/11270585/Europes-deep-freeze-Ice-storms-cause-widespread-winter-chaos-in-pictures.html

Just bomb us: 48 hours of agony in Majdanpek, people mentally break! - see google translate

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭highdef

Perhaps a bit early to warrant a thread of its own but if the GFS is to be believed then there is fairly decent chance of widespread snow on Thursday evening and night. Going by the latest charts it would appear that there could be a fair bit of lying snow in many parts of the country on Friday and maybe Saturday as temperatures are currently forecast to barely get higher than 0c on both days in midland, northern and eastern areas, away from coasts with corresponding very cold nights which would undoubtedly also mean treacherous road conditions.

Anyone else think that something interest could be afoot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

highdef wrote: »
    Perhaps a bit early to warrant a thread of its own but if the GFS is to be believed then there is fairly decent chance of widespread snow on Thursday evening and night. Going by the latest charts it would appear that there could be a fair bit of lying snow in many parts of the country on Friday and maybe Saturday as temperatures are currently forecast to barely get higher than 0c on both days in midland, northern and eastern areas, away from coasts with corresponding very cold nights which would undoubtedly also mean treacherous road conditions.

Anyone else think that something interest could be afoot?

I seriously think this winter is f**king with me!

I bought a jeep and various other bits and pieces for snow chasing about 3 weeks ago and the head went on it last week and it's currently in the garage being fixed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭highdef

I seriously think this winter is f**king with me!

I bought a jeep and various other bits and pieces for snow chasing about 3 weeks ago and the head went on it last week and it's currently in the garage being fixed :(

Snow it is so!!! But seriously, your neck of the woods looks like getting a pasting from Thursday evening onwards, going by the current charts. Will the jeep be sorted in the next few days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

highdef wrote: »
    Snow it is so!!! But seriously, your neck of the woods looks like getting a pasting from Thursday evening onwards, going by the current charts. Will the jeep be sorted in the next few days?

Been following the charts and I've already cancelled going to the staff do on Friday night because of the potential snow.

Jeep probably won't be fixed until next week (head is away being pressure/cracked tested at the minute) plus the fact the bill is £600+ I'll not be able to pay until end of next week either!

But I do have another car, so I'll be out and about in that chasing the snow ;)

Hoping to get more of this this year...

1779342_1513396692256517_6710518547940949626_n.jpg?oh=2c37cd78d5a2777526fb22f5fe036a10&oe=55143C13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

Green Fish wrote: »
    Anyone living near Galtymore and if so, is there any snow on it?
    Light dusting of snow on upper slopes of the Galtees and Knockmealdowns

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SnowDancer

Some lamp post watching scheduled for tonight...

According to Met Eireann: Later this evening and for a time overnight it will be mostly cloudy, with outbreaks of rain turning heavy in southern counties with some sleet mixed in the rain. The north and northwest will have clear spells and scattered showers of rain, sleet and snow and this will spread to all parts overnight. Ice will develop on untreated surfaces as temperatures fall to between freezing and minus 3 degrees, coldest in the north

Also - can't believe how quiet this thread is - with a possibility of snow on the horizon. Where is everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

SnowDancer wrote: »

According to Met Eireann: Later this evening and for a time overnight it will be mostly cloudy, with outbreaks of rain turning heavy in southern counties with some sleet mixed in the rain. The north and northwest will have clear spells and scattered showers of rain, sleet and snow and this will spread to all parts overnight. Ice will develop on untreated surfaces as temperatures fall to between freezing and minus 3 degrees, coldest in the north

Also - can't believe how quiet this thread is - with a possibility of snow on the horizon. Where is everyone?

Give it time!
    ;)
    I expect the first part of the madness to begin around 8pm tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Checking their curtains twitch correctly :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It's not forecast for the whole country ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

leahyl wrote:
    It's not forecast for the *Dublin ;)

Fixed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

ch881201.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

WBHBXIo.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

We're all over in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057339949

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Seeing reports on Facebook that Yorkshire and midlands in uk are currently having heavy snow. , especially Sheffield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

looking outside at rain :(:( i want to build olaf lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

red_bairn wrote: »
    Fixed!

Well not forecast for Cork either!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Is it snowing yet?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

gaius c wrote: »
    Is it snowing yet?

Yes! In Scotland! Obviously it is not snowing in Ireland as there are only 174 people on here. :)

"Rain Rain go away we would like some SNOW today!!"

I can't post links as new user forbids me but check out netweather weather radar and select weather type on. Rain has turned to sleet across the whole of Ulster, hopefully some snow starts kicking in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Pissing cold rain in drogheda at the min. But it's freezing cold out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

I can't post links as new user forbids me but check out netweather weather radar and select weather type on. Rain has turned to sleet across the whole of Ulster, hopefully some snow starts kicking in.

E7b9VEW.jpg

Yes and on that note netweather tweeted that the Green denotes Rain or Snow and not sleet as I assumed. So anyone in the green maybe getting pasted :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Light fluffy snow here in Donegal Town since 8:00pm.

irish1967 wrote: »
    Light fluffy snow here in Donegal Town since 8:00pm.

not jealous at all :(:rolleyes:

Ian k Ferguson "EC 12Z clusters move more off +ve NAO into atlantic ridge and/or blocked scenarios post-22 Dec with northerly regime possible by 26th. Clearly too far off for any confidence and more continuity required, but recent tentative suspicion GloSea might be ahead of game by late Dec signal could yet become reality. However, long way to go and caution urged."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Snow in. . . . Algeria

chute-de-neige-790x347.jpg

Chutes de neige. Plusieurs routes coupées à Sétif - http://www.tsa-algerie.com/2014/12/10/chutes-de-neige-plusieurs-routes-coupees-a-setif/

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

Snow in. . . . Algeria

That's just taking the p*ss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Letterkenny this morn!

MIZUtIT.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

All over northern Europe it's snowing, keep the faith people!

foto86523.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Beanstalk wrote: »
    Letterkenny this morn!

MIZUtIT.jpg

That's a lovely photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Metmaster

Just had a snow shower in kerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Looking north across Donegal Bay.

Heavy heavy skies!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Ha, ha... Wow... Imagine opening your door to that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

shmaupel wrote: »
    That's a lovely photo!

That's a VERY big dog!

• Advertisement

That's a VERY big dog!

Ah now father;

small____far_away_by_alsnow-d45ulg8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭Calibos

I hope the dog knows not to eat the orange snow!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Ah now father;

small____far_away_by_alsnow-d45ulg8.jpg

I don't get it? Two Cows? It was a DOG! I saw it!

Both Black and the other colour, but the dog has bigger teeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

tumblr_l6hjg4iAPl1qct8z0o1_250.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Not a Fr. Ted fan I guess?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement