Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Snow Lovers Appreciation Society Winter 2014/15 #MOD NOTE #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Brief snow shower at dublin airport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Snow in Dublin and Meath, don't recall any mention of that from met Eireann yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

The lightest dusting of snow in Dublin 16
    image_zps26afe7e7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Snow in Dublin and Meath, don't recall any mention of that from met Eireann yesterday.

To be fair, it seems the snow we got was in a shower around 5-5.30am, everything before that was rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The high back mountains have a dusting of snow here in South West Kerry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

small dusting of snow in tinahely co wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Comeragh mountains are white this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

There were frozen flakes on my car this morning in Navan, so we did have a snow shower at some stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My car had some frozen flakes on it this morning, around half eight.
    That's out near Rolestown, outside Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Snow on slieve foy Co louth this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My car had some frozen flakes on it this morning, around half eight.
    That's out near Rolestown, outside Swords.
    They would be frozen if they has been stuck on the car all night:D
    flake1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Sun is shining in cabra with not a cloud in the sky :)
    It is cold though.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Met Eireann Friday: Very cold and windy. Sunny spells in the east and southeast but heavy wintry showers generally. Highest temperatures only 3 to 7 degrees in blustery northwesterly winds.

is this wintry showers for east and southeast ??

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Met Eireann Friday: Very cold and windy. Sunny spells in the east and southeast but heavy wintry showers generally. Highest temperatures only 3 to 7 degrees in blustery northwesterly winds.

is this wintry showers for east and southeast ??

Nope the west :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Clear skies in Limerick and it looks like the sun is setting down now. Nice orangle glow skies around

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That wind is brutal.. lazy wind that goes right through you instead of round.. Life becomes focussed on getting warm... Heating big stones in the range for my feet!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 Green Fish

Anyone living near Galtymore and if so, is there any snow on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

Green Fish wrote: »
    Anyone living near Galtymore and if so, is there any snow on it?

snow line is down just under the lakes, meant to take photo earlier.
    light enough coating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Was up Kippure round 10.30pm last night. Roads fairly snowy and icy, 4WD was nice to have. Nice accumulation of snow on the top of Kippure, bitterly cold hard snow falling with 100m visibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Was up Kippure round 10.30pm last night. Roads fairly snowy and icy, 4WD was nice to have. Nice accumulation of snow on the top of Kippure, bitterly cold hard snow falling with 100m visibility.

Thats not how the internet works, none of what you said makes sense without photos :)

• Advertisement

Sorry! The phone wasn't up to much. DSLR is knackered. You'll have to take my word for it! Twas cold and you couldn't even see the mast lights right at the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omicron

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Sorry! The phone wasn't up to much. DSLR is knackered. You'll have to take my word for it! Twas cold and you couldn't even see the mast lights right at the gate.

Was there snow at Military Road level or only up the road to the mast?

At 10.30 there was snow at military road, around 8 there wasn't. I'd say there was snow up the road to the mast from the early evening. There was bootprints around the bridge about half way up. On the way back it petered out near glencree and once you climbed towards the feather beds there was a covering of snow again.

On the top there was enough to cover the grass entirely and throw a few snowballs about. I'd say about 1.5-2cm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭AnotherYear

From Ian k. Fergusson on Netweather- First tentative whiff of height rises over/near Greenland in EC 12z clusters beyond circa 21 Dec (and out to T+360) with resultant hints of possible northerly flow regime for UK. Baby-steps....We expect there to be a possible lag period before this sort of outcome emerges further in EC with any stronger definition, but still too far off to warrant anything 'excitable' by way of forum reaction, I stress.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

From Ian k. Fergusson on Netweather- First tentative whiff of height rises over/near Greenland in EC 12z clusters beyond circa 21 Dec (and out to T+360) with resultant hints of possible northerly flow regime for UK. Baby-steps....We expect there to be a possible lag period before this sort of outcome emerges further in EC with any stronger definition, but still too far off to warrant anything 'excitable' by way of forum reaction, I stress.[/QUOTE]
    Are you KIDDING?!?

This thread was started in *August* ... it would want to be 30C outside with no clouds and STILL someone here would be saying "I think there's something interesting building off Norway"! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭AnotherYear

Nice input

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I'm back for my yearly snow roller-coaster. Looking forward to it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Europe's deep freeze: Ice storms cause widespread winter chaos, in pictures - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/worldnews/11270585/Europes-deep-freeze-Ice-storms-cause-widespread-winter-chaos-in-pictures.html

Just bomb us: 48 hours of agony in Majdanpek, people mentally break! - see google translate

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

Perhaps a bit early to warrant a thread of its own but if the GFS is to be believed then there is fairly decent chance of widespread snow on Thursday evening and night. Going by the latest charts it would appear that there could be a fair bit of lying snow in many parts of the country on Friday and maybe Saturday as temperatures are currently forecast to barely get higher than 0c on both days in midland, northern and eastern areas, away from coasts with corresponding very cold nights which would undoubtedly also mean treacherous road conditions.

Anyone else think that something interest could be afoot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

highdef wrote: »
    Perhaps a bit early to warrant a thread of its own but if the GFS is to be believed then there is fairly decent chance of widespread snow on Thursday evening and night. Going by the latest charts it would appear that there could be a fair bit of lying snow in many parts of the country on Friday and maybe Saturday as temperatures are currently forecast to barely get higher than 0c on both days in midland, northern and eastern areas, away from coasts with corresponding very cold nights which would undoubtedly also mean treacherous road conditions.

Anyone else think that something interest could be afoot?

I seriously think this winter is f**king with me!

I bought a jeep and various other bits and pieces for snow chasing about 3 weeks ago and the head went on it last week and it's currently in the garage being fixed :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement