Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Snow Lovers Appreciation Society Winter 2014/15 #MOD NOTE #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

I seriously think this winter is f**king with me!

I bought a jeep and various other bits and pieces for snow chasing about 3 weeks ago and the head went on it last week and it's currently in the garage being fixed :(

Snow it is so!!! But seriously, your neck of the woods looks like getting a pasting from Thursday evening onwards, going by the current charts. Will the jeep be sorted in the next few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

highdef wrote: »
    Snow it is so!!! But seriously, your neck of the woods looks like getting a pasting from Thursday evening onwards, going by the current charts. Will the jeep be sorted in the next few days?

Been following the charts and I've already cancelled going to the staff do on Friday night because of the potential snow.

Jeep probably won't be fixed until next week (head is away being pressure/cracked tested at the minute) plus the fact the bill is £600+ I'll not be able to pay until end of next week either!

But I do have another car, so I'll be out and about in that chasing the snow ;)

Hoping to get more of this this year...

1779342_1513396692256517_6710518547940949626_n.jpg?oh=2c37cd78d5a2777526fb22f5fe036a10&oe=55143C13

• Registered Users Posts: 8,420 ✭✭✭cml387

Green Fish wrote: »
    Anyone living near Galtymore and if so, is there any snow on it?
    Light dusting of snow on upper slopes of the Galtees and Knockmealdowns

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SnowDancer

Some lamp post watching scheduled for tonight...

According to Met Eireann: Later this evening and for a time overnight it will be mostly cloudy, with outbreaks of rain turning heavy in southern counties with some sleet mixed in the rain. The north and northwest will have clear spells and scattered showers of rain, sleet and snow and this will spread to all parts overnight. Ice will develop on untreated surfaces as temperatures fall to between freezing and minus 3 degrees, coldest in the north

Also - can't believe how quiet this thread is - with a possibility of snow on the horizon. Where is everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

SnowDancer wrote: »

According to Met Eireann: Later this evening and for a time overnight it will be mostly cloudy, with outbreaks of rain turning heavy in southern counties with some sleet mixed in the rain. The north and northwest will have clear spells and scattered showers of rain, sleet and snow and this will spread to all parts overnight. Ice will develop on untreated surfaces as temperatures fall to between freezing and minus 3 degrees, coldest in the north

Also - can't believe how quiet this thread is - with a possibility of snow on the horizon. Where is everyone?

Give it time!
    ;)
    I expect the first part of the madness to begin around 8pm tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Checking their curtains twitch correctly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

It's not forecast for the whole country ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

leahyl wrote:
    It's not forecast for the *Dublin ;)

Fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

ch881201.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

WBHBXIo.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

We're all over in this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057339949

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Seeing reports on Facebook that Yorkshire and midlands in uk are currently having heavy snow. , especially Sheffield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

looking outside at rain :(:( i want to build olaf lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

red_bairn wrote: »
    Fixed!

Well not forecast for Cork either!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Is it snowing yet?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

gaius c wrote: »
    Is it snowing yet?

Yes! In Scotland! Obviously it is not snowing in Ireland as there are only 174 people on here. :)

"Rain Rain go away we would like some SNOW today!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭AnotherYear

I can't post links as new user forbids me but check out netweather weather radar and select weather type on. Rain has turned to sleet across the whole of Ulster, hopefully some snow starts kicking in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Pissing cold rain in drogheda at the min. But it's freezing cold out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

I can't post links as new user forbids me but check out netweather weather radar and select weather type on. Rain has turned to sleet across the whole of Ulster, hopefully some snow starts kicking in.

E7b9VEW.jpg

Yes and on that note netweather tweeted that the Green denotes Rain or Snow and not sleet as I assumed. So anyone in the green maybe getting pasted :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Light fluffy snow here in Donegal Town since 8:00pm.

irish1967 wrote: »
    Light fluffy snow here in Donegal Town since 8:00pm.

not jealous at all :(:rolleyes:

Ian k Ferguson "EC 12Z clusters move more off +ve NAO into atlantic ridge and/or blocked scenarios post-22 Dec with northerly regime possible by 26th. Clearly too far off for any confidence and more continuity required, but recent tentative suspicion GloSea might be ahead of game by late Dec signal could yet become reality. However, long way to go and caution urged."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Snow in. . . . Algeria

chute-de-neige-790x347.jpg

Chutes de neige. Plusieurs routes coupées à Sétif - http://www.tsa-algerie.com/2014/12/10/chutes-de-neige-plusieurs-routes-coupees-a-setif/

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

Snow in. . . . Algeria

That's just taking the p*ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Letterkenny this morn!

MIZUtIT.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

All over northern Europe it's snowing, keep the faith people!

foto86523.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

Beanstalk wrote: »
    Letterkenny this morn!

MIZUtIT.jpg

That's a lovely photo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement