Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Snow Lovers Appreciation Society Winter 2014/15 #MOD NOTE #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

game on tomorrow :)
    gfs-0-24.png?6
    gfs-2-24.png?6

• Registered Users Posts: 36,312 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I must say that the hype over a few cms of snow is amusing in light of daily conversations I have with my wife at present.
    Her parents have had a foot of snowfall every night for the past week and life just carries on as normal.
    How would we manage if it happened here.
    We'd get used to it. What's rare is wonderful (and interesting).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I must say that the hype over a few cms of snow is amusing in light of daily conversations I have with my wife at present.
    Her parents have had a foot of snowfall every night for the past week and life just carries on as normal.
    How would we manage if it happened here.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    We'd get used to it. What's rare is wonderful (and interesting).

This thread is the equivalent of the Mayo supporters thread, lots of anticipation and not much delivery. Your parents live in Kerry, where delivery comes regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

ardmacha wrote: »
    This thread is the equivalent of the Mayo supporters thread, lots of anticipation and not much delivery. Your parents live in Kerry, where delivery comes regularly.

Almost right. They live in Slovakia but I don't understand a word they say. Much the same experience as visiting Kerry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

ardmacha wrote: »

Or it could be a Dubs thread.....we do win occasionally but heartbreak is the more common result :rolleyes:

Snow tonight/tomorrow? About a 10% chance....like our (statistical) All-Ireland football prospects...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's quite in here, too quite .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

It's quite in here, too quite .

Its quite quiet alright ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Snow free tumbleweeds rolling slowly down the Dublin streets.

Unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

where's the snow? of had snow in Feb during the 90s. I'm Feb. does anyone know which year. I'm in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

My accu (inaccu?!) weather app says snow due in 10 mins. .. near phoenix park.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Calm, clear, cloudless starry starry night!

Temp - 4.2C (coldest night of the year here).

No clouds, no streamers - nothing. Except a very hard frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Doesn't feel like -4 out there at all..... Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

jimbis wrote: »
    Doesn't feel like -4 out there at all..... Weird.

Calm, no wind chill, low humidity.

Its why one can happily stroll back to ones hotel from the bar in a ski resort when the thermometer reads -15 a lot of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

My friend in Michigan got snow.
    She could not drive her car.

10420345_1030793176937329_4880261042394186549_n.jpg?oh=535320c5b15bf4842e3688ad6b705d96&oe=5564D72E

My friend in Michigan got snow.
    She could not drive her car.

10420345_1030793176937329_4880261042394186549_n.jpg?oh=535320c5b15bf4842e3688ad6b705d96&oe=5564D72E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭typhoony

this high pressure will sink into europe eventually, when it does mid-month the spring type weather will start proper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

typhoony wrote: »
    this high pressure will sink into europe eventually, when it does mid-month the spring type weather will start proper
    Down with that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

down_with_this_sort_of_thing.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭typhoony

200motels wrote: »
    Down with that sort of thing.

I'm redy for bit of warthm, it's killing my heating bill at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

That has certainly been the trend for the past several years - thought this year might be different but time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Birdnuts wrote: »
    That has certainly been the trend for the past several years - thought this year might be different but time will tell.

2013 it wasn't the case at all... March was bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

I seem to recall seeing hailstones right into early April, the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

amdgilmore wrote: »
    I seem to recall seeing hailstones right into early April, the last couple of years.
    Hailstones are an all year round possibility really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

amdgilmore wrote: »

A few years ago I got hail in Lanzarote in September! It was warm that day, but the winds started to pick up at about 4pm from the south-east (south-easterly winds are rare there) and we got a nice shower from the mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

I always find myself checking out long range forecasts this time of year. My body literally starts to reject winter, I'm sick again this week (as I was last week too :() with another sinus infection. I love winter but it's the bleedin length of it I can't hack. 34 and still not accustomed to, might have to think about getting off the island!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    2013 it wasn't the case at all... March was bitter.

I was referring more to February. The last real wintery Feb I can remember was 2009. In West Wicklow ATM and everything is freeze dried, looking at the latest runs it could well stay like that for the next fortnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I don't think there will be frost anywhere by morning as it clouds over from the north. ME said it would only cloud over in the northwest but its unexpectedly spreading south very quickly.
    http://www.sat24.com/de/gb?ir=true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I'm redy for bit of warthm, it's killing my heating bill at the moment

check the thread title, a true snow lover would never think in those terms:eek:

a scandi' high could develop according to the ec 32 day outlook, it has been fairly accurate thus far this winter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

There is currently an orange warning in place by Met Eireann, which leaves me wondering why the Cold Spell thread was locked.....

Anyway be careful in the morning if your driving!
    STATUS ORANGE

Low Temperature Warning for Munster and Leinster
    Air temperatures as low as -5 or -6 degrees Celsius will occur tonight.

Issued:Wednesday 04 February 2015 14:00
    Valid:Wednesday 04 February 2015 20:00 to Thursday 05 February 2015 10:00

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement