Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Snow Lovers Appreciation Society Winter 2014/15 #MOD NOTE #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Over in the US, possibility that all 50 states get snow in the next 7 days.

Joe Bastardi - Saturday Summary February 28, 2015 - http://www.weatherbell.com/saturday-summary-february-28-2015

NOAA – 1913 Low Min Records Broken (272 tied) From 2015-02-19 to 2015-02-25 - https://sunshinehours.wordpress.com/2015/02/28/noaa-1913-low-min-records-broken-272-tied-from-2015-02-19-to-2015-02-25/

The eastern half of the United States has been trapped in a deep freeze for most of February 2015. Hundreds (maybe thousands) of records have been set for daily low temperatures, and wave after wave of ice and snowstorms have hit the region. The coldest days of the year usually occur in January, yet February 2015 has been exceptional in many places.

Several satellites captured views of the frozen landscape from above, observing saltwater sea ice in East Coast harbors and freshwater ice in the Great Lakes and other inland waterways. Snow and ice have blanketed land surfaces from the Mississippi River to the Atlantic Ocean, from the Carolinas to Maine.

source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Dickie10

is there a summmer or sun lovers thread page , im the opposite of u guys and love all things warm spring like and hot. i would happily live in somewhere like san frans climate where the pempreture didnt dip below 12 celcius in winter and we had 30 in summer or an average of 25 anyway! is there a thread anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Dickie10 wrote: »
    is there a summmer or sun lovers thread page , im the opposite of u guys and love all things warm spring like and hot. i would happily live in somewhere like san frans climate where the pempreture didnt dip below 12 celcius in winter and we had 30 in summer or an average of 25 anyway! is there a thread anywhere?

I think you just need a decent jumper, a good jacket, some thermals and good thick hiking socks and you'll become just like the rest of us! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Come back in about 2 months :P A lot of us like sun and heat too as well as cold and snow, but it's only the beginning of March!

In the meantime you could try this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057291023

There was a summer 2015 started in January but it was closed by mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭pauldry

There was a Spring 2015 thread but it was closed by Canada

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

Viewing Point, Kilakee, Military Road within the last hour...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I love the cold.... Time to move to Siberia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

A big snow lover here. It wasn't a great winter for me but miles better than last year where as far as I remember there was no snow.
    This winter I got a full day of lying snow and blizzard like snow. I took a day off and spent it outside, walking and hiking.

Yesterday I woke up to lying snow and went for an early morning walk to enjoy the snow and take pictures.
    About 1.5 hours later all the snow had gone because of soaring temperatures :(
    It was amazing really how fields of snow were cleared so quickly.

It's probably the last of winter so I suppose we will have to wait til November for anymore of the good stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

It's probably the last of winter so I suppose we will have to wait til November for anymore of the good stuff.

November? You'll be lucky! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Dickie10

surely there has to be more people who love mild maritime winters and warm dry summers?

• Advertisement

surely there has to be more people who love mild maritime winters and warm dry summers?

I'll take the warm dry summers - you can keep the mild maritime winters! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I love snow as much as the next man here, but snow in March here by the sea can feck right off, its sleety messy and gone by midday. Roll on (hopefully warm) spring and summer now please.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

I cant embed this because I'm on the phone but I think you guys would love this song.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EzclOi3lGE4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Supercell wrote: »
    I love snow as much as the next man here, but snow in March here by the sea can feck right off, its sleety messy and gone by midday. Roll on (hopefully warm) spring and summer now please.

Imagine if we got the hatrick!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Supercell wrote: »

Looks like we may be in for another sloppy sleety snow mess.

Clear sunny and windy 16.6C - hard to imagine there could be "wintry showers" tonight. I do not believe it :rolleyes:

Clear sunny and windy 16.6C - hard to imagine there could be "wintry showers" tonight. I do not believe it :rolleyes:

Please quote the part where I said "wintry showers" and "tonight".

:rolleyes:

Can't - I never said you said it - I was referring to the forecast. :rolleyes:

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Let it snow lads, plenty of time for the warm weather in a few months :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Nice bit of snow on top of Lugnaquilla still today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Still some snow on the east face of lug today even after all the rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

I'm unfollowing this thread now, see ye again again next November, please God we will all still be here!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

Still some snow on the east face of lug today even after all the rain

there is a large drift of snow on the eastern face of galtyymore,
    it's the usual spot that's sheltered from the sun.
    will get a photo if it's clear tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

• Registered Users Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I'm unfollowing this thread now, see ye again again next November, please God we will all still be here!
    I think I'll hang around for a bit longer, I'll turn off the lights and lock up as I'll probably be the last one to leave.

gfs-0-180.png?18

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Here in Southern Poland.....After nearly 3 months of lying snow, Spring broke out last week and we had a massive thaw with temps up to 18c. Yesterday the Easterly arrived and now we are back to snow. About 10 cm overnight and still snowing hard. Not over cold though, currently -1. I wouldn't be surprised to see the south east UK get some snow out of this by Saturday. 850 temps are quite cold, -8 so lots of potential.

Looks like ill get another few weeks of skiing in yet! The young lad is well chuffed!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think I'll hang around for a bit longer, I'll turn off the lights and lock up as I'll probably be the last one to leave.

Be sure to double check the door and the upstairs window.

I think it's time to bow out myself, I say there'll be sNOw more snow to hit Ireland until possibly towards the end of 2015. I'm not overly concerned about snow across Europe, just makes me jealous! :D This thread has had a good run this time around.

I look forward to seeing this thread getting created again in August and watching people complain about it's too early to tell if we get snow and watching people ask what are the chances of snow this winter, over and over and over :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 The Tempest

Goodbye Winter 2014/15, you flattered to deceive, in the end down our way we got 50 Shades of Grey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

there is a large drift of snow on the eastern face of galtyymore,
    it's the usual spot that's sheltered from the sun.
    will get a photo if it's clear tomorrow

The snow on Galtymore provided lots of entertainment for me this year. Nothing like frolicking around in 3 foot drifts!
    Thanks for the updates blackbird!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement