Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

android tv box or tablet?

• 10-08-2014 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi all

Im thinking of getting an android tv box for the use of XBMC and show box and the like. But im also in the market for a new tablet. Forgive me for being technically naive, but could I just buy a tablet, have XBMC installed on it and then connect it to my tv and save me and my wallet the bother of an extra purchase of an android box?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You'll need to get a tablet which supports HDMI output.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

I think you will get more help or suggestions over HERE in the Android devices section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭mcw92

You could yes.
    The tablet will need an HDMI out or be able to connect to the TV with the right lead, like the Nexus 7.
    Navigating XBMC could prove to be a problem though, you would need to use the tablet screen to do so.
    Not sure can you connect a mouse/keyboard/remote to a tablet wirelessly?

Android Boxes come with remotes and allow mouse/keyboard/remote/gamepad connection for navigation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

crunchie44 wrote: »
    Hi all

Im thinking of getting an android tv box for the use of XBMC and show box and the like. But im also in the market for a new tablet. Forgive me for being technically naive, but could I just buy a tablet, have XBMC installed on it and then connect it to my tv and save me and my wallet the bother of an extra purchase of an android box?

Why limit yourself to Android .... there are TV boxes running XBMC on Linux too.

Just wondering why specify .... or is it lack of knowledge about alternatives?

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Ibetit

With 2GB of Ram, 16GM in-built storage MINIX NEO X8-H , best for one to get in

• Advertisement
Advertisement