Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uber Unreliable (The Taxi App)

Options
  • 10-08-2014 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Decided to spend my uber credit yesterday. I called an Uber taxi at 1:30pm....it said 17 minutes, which is a little long, but I wasnt going to complain as I had free credit to spend. The time hovered between "18 minutes and down to 11 minutes, and back up again"..over the period of about 20 minutes, as I waited..... Time was pressing on a little, but the map suggested he was quite near my house (I know the area, and the travel distance) so I didnt worry too much - wasn't in a huge rush. It finally got as far as 8 minutes when " The driver has cancelled this booking" appeared on my screen. I was fuming!!...almost a half hour wasted waiting, and now I was going to be late. Tried booking another,a few times,but got no cars available.

Called a hailo....4mins away...got to mine in about 2mins. No free credit but at least it's reliable.

ps: i live in central dublin. i dont think ill be using an Uber again
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

marcus2000 wrote: »
    Decided to spend my uber credit yesterday. I called an Uber taxi at 1:30pm....it said 17 minutes, which is a little long, but I wasnt going to complain as I had free credit to spend. The time hovered between "18 minutes and down to 11 minutes, and back up again"..over the period of about 20 minutes, as I waited..... Time was pressing on a little, but the map suggested he was quite near my house (I know the area, and the travel distance) so I didnt worry too much - wasn't in a huge rush. It finally got as far as 8 minutes when " The driver has cancelled this booking" appeared on my screen. I was fuming!!...almost a half hour wasted waiting, and now I was going to be late. Tried booking another,a few times,but got no cars available.

Called a hailo....4mins away...got to mine in about 2mins. No free credit but at least it's reliable.

ps: i live in central dublin. i dont think ill be using an Uber again

I have used them about six times now and never had a problem, you should email them as their customer service is excellent.

Advertisement