Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help me?

• 10-08-2014 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So i done Leaving Cert Applied. i got 83 points all together basically a Merit. but i don't understand how many points i have can anyone help me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

SeanDavis wrote: »
    So i done Leaving Cert Applied. i got 83 points all together basically a Merit. but i don't understand how many points i have can anyone help me?

Relevant page of CAO Handbook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

The Leaving Cert Applied is not the same as the Leaving Cert and cannot be used to apply for CAO courses.

What do you mean by points OP? 83 is a Merit, but that's it. You will get a Merit grade overall. Your LCA grade does not translate into points for CAO application, i.e. you cannot apply for college with LCA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

The Leaving Cert Applied is not the same as the Leaving Cert and cannot be used to apply for CAO courses.

From the source in my original post: "All HEIs award points for results in Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme Link Modules, in place of a sixth Leaving Certificate subject."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

From the source in my original post: "All HEIs award points for results in Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme Link Modules, in place of a sixth Leaving Certificate subject."

And the OP didn't do LCVP, he did LCA. A completely different program.

There are no points awarded for LCA. I deal with LCA students every year for PLC enrolment.

This is what Leaving Cert Applied is:

https://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=sd

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You need to apply for a FETAC level 5 PLC course following the LCA and use that route into a degree programme. I'm not sure how you did not know that as parts of both the Communications and the Vocational Preparation modules have assignments on investigating PLC courses and their progression routes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement