Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 5

• 10-08-2014 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi,
    I am thinking about buying the Nexus 5 online on the google play store, i was just wondering if my vodafone sim card can go straight into the phone with no problems or will i have to get the phone unlocked once i buy it, please note that im buying it off the irish google play website.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

no issues phone is not locked to any carrier, what size sim do you have? you may need to cut your sim or get a new one free instore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Yep, not locked from Play Store, if sim card is too big you can take it into Carphone Warehouse where they have a kind of punch cutter thing they can do it in about 4 seconds, or you can trim it with a scissors yourself (careful now).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Does anyone know why it alters 350$ to 350 euro at checkout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Does anyone know why it alters 350$ to 350 euro at checkout?

Because you are buying in Ireland, you pay Irish VAT and it costs €350

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Because you are buying in Ireland, you pay Irish VAT and it costs €350

Thanks. Thought that, taking in the conversion etc the exact same figure in euro just seemed coincidental (an easy, round figure). We do see in Ireland, the grossly inaccurate conversion rates on items of clothing from British franchises so this immediate wariness jumped out at me.

Previously when I was interested in buying one of these there were a few hoops to jump through to acquire one(use of parcel motel, issues with Google account). Seems straightforward enough now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

€350 is better than the £300 sterling in the UK Play store they pay over there if you had to use Parcel Motel so not so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Wynnie12

If you are passing through dublin airport terminal 1 anytime soon dixons has nexus 5 for €326. Make sure you get it in terminal 1 not 2. It's €368 in t2 for some strange reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭homer911

Including postage, this came in at €314

Ordered on August 8th and delivered on 14th

http://www.expeditelectronics.com/lg-google-nexus-5-16gb-white-smartphone.html

Save a few quid through Parcel Motel but is it worth the risk/hassle?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Wynnie12

Nexus 5 €319 dublin airport t1 now if anyone is interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

homer911 wrote: »
    Including postage, this came in at €314

Ordered on August 8th and delivered on 14th

http://www.expeditelectronics.com/lg-google-nexus-5-16gb-white-smartphone.html

Save a few quid through Parcel Motel but is it worth the risk/hassle?

Did you try that homer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

thanks for the info about T1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ryanc11

Anybody know when the Nexus 5/6 are back in stock in the play store

Advertisement