Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any shops selling VOSS water?

Options
  • 10-08-2014 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I work in D8 just opposite Christchurch and was wondering if anyone knows of a shop in walking distance that sells VOSS 800ml bottles of drinking water.
    I'm just looking for a nice drinking water bottle for work and these fit the bill.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Auscast wrote: »
    I work in D8 just opposite Christchurch and was wondering if anyone knows of a shop in walking distance that sells VOSS 800ml bottles of drinking water.
    I'm just looking for a nice drinking water bottle for work and these fit the bill.
    Thanks in advance.

Can't answer your question but know that any bottled water will come with a health warning not to refill. Any drinking water bottle should be washed in hot water on a regular basis to get rid of bacteria. A bottled water bottle will begin to melt in hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I don't think that the OP needs off-topic hygiene advice. Just where to find VOSS water.

tHB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

They sell Contigo bottles in Stock beside Stephen's Green if you want another option.

The risk with refilling something like a conventional bottle is that over time BPA, a know carcinogen can seem into the liquid and be absorbed in your body.

BUT VOSS bottles are BPA free so you'll be alright :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

athtrasna wrote: »
    A bottled water bottle will begin to melt in hot water.
    Aren't Voss water bottles made from glass?

OP I've never seen it in shops in Dublin, but think some restaurants sell it. Maybe keep an eye out when you're eating out?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Auscast

Voss bottles are made of glass and have a wide(ish) lip, they not only look nice, but are as safe and cheaper than purpose made water bottles. Thanks for the tip on the Contigo bottles, but any kind of rubber straw / plastic lid is a turn off for me. I'm just looking for a simple beaker style glass bottle I can wash and refill daily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

This is bringing me back to my J1 days!

Used to sell Voss in the hotel I worked in. It's an upmarket Norwegian (iirc) water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Auscast wrote: »
    Voss bottles are made of glass and have a wide(ish) lip, they not only look nice, but are as safe and cheaper than purpose made water bottles. Thanks for the tip on the Contigo bottles, but any kind of rubber straw / plastic lid is a turn off for me. I'm just looking for a simple beaker style glass bottle I can wash and refill daily.

Not being a smarta**e here, but what about a jam jar?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

washiskin wrote: »
    Not being a smarta**e here, but what about a jam jar?
    LOL, imagine going into a big meeting with a jam jar of water!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Auscast

Cienciano wrote: »

Heh... that's what I was thinking. Not poo-pooing the idea though because a mason jar and a lab beaker did cross my mind...

Definitely prefer a VOSS bottle though.

28448_XXX_v1.tif&wid=2000&cvt=jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Cienciano wrote: »

Hey, if it's good enough for the Hipster eateries in town...... :cool: :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement