Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protein shakes for women

Options
  • 11-08-2014 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all, I'm just wondering how many to take per day if strength training for 4 days and cardio 2 days? 1 or 2? I would normally take one after using weights but I wonder should I up it to two? Thanks

Also I would have 2 eggs every morning..good or bad? Thanks again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Do you know how much protein you have on a daily basis?

Do you track your food on MyFitnessPal to see what's in what you're eating?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Wannabefitmom

Do you know how much protein you have on a daily basis?

Do you track your food on MyFitnessPal to see what's in what you're eating?

No I don't, and I don't track what I'm eating either! I used to months back and can't remember why I even stopped. Will get back on it ASAP. What kind of ratio should I be aiming for regarding carbs:protein:fat? Thank you, I am complete newbie to all this and have a million questions but basically I want to lose fat and gain muscle! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

No I don't, and I don't track what I'm eating either! I used to months back and can't remember why I even stopped. Will get back on it ASAP. What kind of ratio should I be aiming for regarding carbs:protein:fat? Thank you, I am complete newbie to all this and have a million questions but basically I want to lose fat and gain muscle! Cheers

The ratio really depends on you specifically so there's not necessarily a hard and fast rule. Fats you'd want be keeping at 20-30% and carbs maybe 30%. But that might need to change in time.

What's a typical day's food like?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Wannabefitmom

The ratio really depends on you specifically so there's not necessarily a hard and fast rule. Fats you'd want be keeping at 20-30% and carbs maybe 30%. But that might need to change in time.

What's a typical day's food like?

I have 2 eggs every morning poached or scrambled with whole grain toast. For lunch I'd have either ham or chicken salad (if I have time that is) dinner is usually salmon or chicken with veg. For snacks I make my own protein bars. Today for some reason I woke really hungry and had fruit and fibre and 2 slices of whole grain toast! Defo need to workout today! Lol

Advertisement